Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Matts 528i at my place.

So i picked up Matts new car.

The guy i picked it up from is the service manager of Tower Ford in Hawera and it was on the yard for sale, so i'm thinkin' he was a bit shitty he didn't get what he wanted so thought he would make some excuse 'bout too much hassle to ship and so he put it on yard to sell.

He told me he had 2 offers of 5k but thought he should do the right thing lol. I think he was hoping Matt wouldn't put up the fight he did lol.

Couple of things i noticed on way home.

Had to put petrol in it for a start.......rude f**ker.

Idle a little high for a manual, 1000-1100rpm.

Indicators don't return.

Wipers on intermitent don't work.

Pulls to the left a little.

Front end vibration at 110

Vibration under power, maybe centre bearing, in 4th & 5th 'round 100 up to 120 (probably at higher speeds also but didn't go there)

Don't worry Matt, i did those speeds on my road, and believe me there's no chance of getting a ticket on this road lol.

And yep i picked up the spare parts Matt.

Couple pic's i just snapped when i got home.

Edited by bellicose

Idle a little high for a manual, 1000-1100rpm.

Indicators don't return.

Wipers on intermitent don't work.

Pulls to the left a little.

Front end vibration at 110

Vibration under power, maybe centre bearing, in 4th & 5th 'round 100 up to 120 (probably at higher speeds also but didn't go there)

Don't worry Matt, i did those speeds on my road, and believe me there's no chance of getting a ticket on this road lol.

A few new things there since I had it..

- Idled good when I had it

- I now remember the indicators didn't return back, I totally forgot

- Wipers worked fine for me

- Drove straight for me

- Had no vibrations when I had it.

I thought the paint was pretty mint personally, when I sold the car to the guy he actually lived in Auckland.. was it the same fella? Guy named Stefan?

A few new things there since I had it..

- Idled good when I had it

- I now remember the indicators didn't return back, I totally forgot

- Wipers worked fine for me

- Drove straight for me

- Had no vibrations when I had it.

I thought the paint was pretty mint personally, when I sold the car to the guy he actually lived in Auckland.. was it the same fella? Guy named Stefan?

Yeah paint is good, but.........i am a car painter so pick the sh*t outa all paint jobs ;)

Yep, Stefan, bit of a cock if you ask me lol.

Yeah paint is good, but.........i am a car painter so pick the sh*t outa all paint jobs ;)

My thoughts exactly

Do the wipers jitter around the screen on intermittent?

was it the same fella? Guy named Stefan?

"This is Stefan....Harden the F*ck up Stefan"

No, nothin'.

If they jittered would that be an easy fix? I ask because that's what mine do on my e28?

If they jittered would that be an easy fix? I ask because that's what mine do on my e28?

Yup, it's a fairly easy fix... Just involves removing the wiper motor, cleaning the excess grease off a metal disc, and putting it back in.

http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.p...en_Wiper_faults

(that's for an E30, but probs the same type of motor)

wiper control relay box in the fuse box .

indicator stalk little tiity broken off .

have those bits if needed.

cheers .

good score too

ah man, this place is amazing! free mechanical advice as well as a bunch of C-Units.

+ John gets another whole week to admire my car before my old man gets the 1st test drive back to chch :)

Hey John, any idea on the money situation? Stefan told me the dealer offered him $4500? and he paid $600ish for grooming/ad placement etc. You know anything about this? I'm starting to think he conned another $300 from me just cos i was desperate for the car and he wanted more for it.

Hey John, any idea on the money situation? Stefan told me the dealer offered him $4500? and he paid $600ish for grooming/ad placement etc. You know anything about this? I'm starting to think he conned another $300 from me just cos i was desperate for the car and he wanted more for it.

I've got no idea mate.

I don't know what dealer he was talking 'bout because he (Stefan) is the service manager at Tower Ford (Ford dealer) in Hawera, so he just put it on the yard. It still had all the dealers for sale stickers on windscreen when i got there, maybe he thought i wouldn't show lol.

If you paid $300 on top of your winning bid i think you still on a winner mate, it's plenty of car for that money.

PM mark247 and he may tell you what he sold it to Stefan for.

i know its worth more than 3.5 that's why i gave in. Still F*cks me right off that he most likely made up some elaborate story just to squeeze a little extra out of me. He should have put the auction up earlier if he was in such a rush <_<

out of interest, what was the sticker price? haha

Edited by _Matt_

Didn't see price, he plucked stickers off just as i was walkin' up to car.

i know its worth more than 3.5 that's why i gave in. Still F*cks me right off that he most likely made up some elaborate story just to squeeze a little extra out of me. He should have put the auction up earlier if he was in such a rush <_<

I'm sure he spins some sh*t. Seemed like that type of guy entirely when I met him.

I sold it to him for $4600 if i remember correctly..

Father, i need more tools!

I wanna fix my wipers in the brown! (codename for the 323)

Edited by _Matt_

This whole things bullshit Matt.

You won an auction.The tosser is legally obligated to abide by the terms of that auction.

Still-you've got it & thats the big thing :wub: