Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Oops

Nah not going there. My mates dad works at Weldwell in napier, hes hooked me up with a couple welder/fabricators to see that should be able to do it. But yeah crack will be welded, then will be raised to where you see the front of pan dip, which is in line with a line around the whole sump and goes just over the sump drain plug.

Posted Image

Edited by e30ftw

BIG thanks to Matty104 for doing this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by e30ftw

BIG thanks to Matty104 for doing this.

That looks A LOT like my old sump you got there ;)

You have probably reduced the oil capacity by about 25-30%.... maybe more. Oil surge may now be a bigger problem as about 25% of the oil volume is in the head when the car is running. You will also now have to modify your oil pick up and possibly the dipstick

Edited by *Glenn*

You have probably reduced the oil capacity by about 25-30%.... maybe more. Oil surge may now be a bigger problem as about 25% of the oil volume is in the head when the car is running. You will also now have to modify your oil pick up and possibly the dipstick

Agree with Glenn.

Why anyone would make the sump smaller baffles me (pun intended lol). All my decent HP motors always had bigger capacity sumps with windage trays or dry sump systems. I can just 'bout put $ on the fact that you John do NOT drive like a nanna so you WILL have oil starvation issues.

All in the name of looking "cool" aye :rolleyes:

Agree with Glenn.

Why anyone would make the sump smaller baffles me (pun intended lol). All my decent HP motors always had bigger capacity sumps with windage trays or dry sump systems. I can just 'bout put $ on the fact that you John do NOT drive like a nanna so you WILL have oil starvation issues.

All in the name of looking "cool" aye :rolleyes:

+1.. exactly..these engines starve when they are down by 1 litre while being driven spiritedly. John would have to take all corners at 40-50 Kph now.

Looks like a good cut & weld job though

Edited by *Glenn*

It's only lost 1L out of 7L capacity, The pickup has been shortened too obviously. But it's not exactly a race car it's more a cruise around DD so blehhh makes it more practical to drive now anyway.

That looks A LOT like my old sump you got there ;)

And A LOT like your new one :ph34r:

Practible would be at the certed legal height with the engine mounted more correctly and less expensive. The sump may not be a plough now, but the steering rack is probably going to be next.

Well it's at it's certed height and engine is mounted correctly so I guess it's practical.

It's a Rangi mod sump not a race sump.

Edited by e30ftw

I went off topic so I'll start another thread