Sign in to follow this  
f.g.

Good Morning from America!

Good Morning everyone,

First of I'm going to sound American really quick by saying that I hope you all wont view me as a typical American. I understand that Americans are not liked around the world and for good reason! However I have been to many different countries and understand how pompous and arragant, fat and lazy, entitled and demanding they tend to be. in fact I don't like it anymore than anyone else in the world, and hence the reason I have decided to pack up my family and move out of the country! I'm still torn about leaving because I will be leaving my entire family as well as my home from which I love (born and raised in Aurora Colorado, its right next to Denver).

so enough about that... I will be happy to entertain any and all questions pretaining to any I know about.

A little about me:

Like I said I was Born and raised in Aurora and absolutly love it there, I graduated High school (you have an equivalant name that I can't remember right now) recieved avrage grades (marks I believe) did rather poorly in english (as I'm sure you are well aware by now ). then I joined the United States Marine Corps and built Jet engines specalizing in the T58-GE-16/16A for the Ch-46 Sea Knight I have done 5 years active duty Never once getting deployed (still torn about that for different reasons). I was stationed at MCAS Miramar (where the movie top gun was filmed) the entire time. Grew to really love San Diego. Right around the time of me getting out I realised that my Wife and I had Recieved a calling from God to Move to New Zealand.

Now about here I expect you to quit reading.. and I don't blame you. Callings from God are usually related to mass suicide and bombings and stuff like that. I can assure you that I'm not a loon (crazy person not the canadian Money :-) )

the simple fact of the matter is that for over a year very, VERY strange conicidancs sorrounding the move have continued to arise. now whether it be God or not, I can not ignore the overwhelming evidance to move to your Beautiful Country.

now as a personal policy I will not try to convert any of you to Christians for several different reasons, but mostly because it's rude....

I am now at Universal Technical Institute, studying to be a Automotive, Diesel, Industrial Technician with a specialization Porsche and BMW. I plan to graduate and Move in aprox. one year.

Now than if your still reading this, I hope that I can change your opinion about americans (at least some of us) for the better, and I hope to be a useful and productive member of this forum and for your country.

Sincerly,

F.G.

P.S. I'm open to any corrections in word useage and coustums! thanks again everyone for what I hope will be a warm welcome to New friendship.

also I am going to upload some photos as soon as I figure out why they wont upload...

post-5834-1277054130.jpg

post-5834-1277054261.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

Welcome to Bimmersport!

And the other word for High School here is College.

Thank you!

Collage huh... well whats the word for Collage then? lol

didn't realize the pics were so big! resized for your viewing pleasure :-)

Edited by F.G.

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find everybody helpful and pleasant.

Only god in this household is me, pffffft yeah right who am i kidding its the missus :ph34r::unsure:

lol ya I know what you mean about the missus

Thank you!

Collage huh... well whats the word for Collage then? lol

didn't realize the pics were so big! resized for your viewing pleasure :-)

University lol

haha right on!

No, it's College for school and Collage is some craft thing you do :lol:

now the english lesson is over, Welcome to Bimmersport sport mate.

Welcome!

Most of the Americans on E30tech are pretty amusing ;)

Edited by antil33t

Welcome to BS & NZ if & when & no, not ALL Americans are tarred with the same brush <_<

Welcome to the forum fella, im sure you have fun here.

Welcome to the forum Bryan and welcome to NZ in advance.

First member on BS with those driving board things?

We don't hate Americans, in fact- it's really quite funny how many assume that we must; and thus use that introduction each time!

Find yourself some 'euro' style bumpers (fenders?) dude!

G'day mate.

Stay away from the Destiny church corp. and you'll be all good.

No surprises there :P

I just found out. It is the southern most Canadian province.

Seriously though, welcome Bryan. My wife's uncle lives in Aurora, Colorado.

I'm a bit north west of you in Northern CA.

Edited by Grant

Wow thanks everyone! good to see grant on here! I was in Diego for a bit...

I guess the very fact that if your an American and trying to contact anyone outside the US that makes you much less a Dbag than every other American I know...

Were trying to move to Christchurch (the garden city I believe) lookin at places over in Harewood.... just for now, but we are also trying to maybe get into a commercial property maybe a warehouse that is alive in or something. Also looking at Wellington but we like how the south Island reminds us of CO with all of its umm.... tramping and outdoor stuff. I'm just really excited for our future! that and its like 130 F which is like 46 or 47 for you guys...

so how is the speed limit down there? I regularly do ~ 130K or so (80 MPH)

and I like my diving boards... for now... unless someone wants to gimmie some euro bumpers :-)

Bryan

You'll find Christchurch cold. Average temp in summer is 12-22 Celsius (54-72 Fahrenheit). You get days that are warmer but these are averages.

Max speed limit is 100km/h (62mph). Drivers routinely sit at around 105-110km/h. Anything above that risks being bait for Johnny Law.

But.... we have some awesome driving roads where the bends are tight enough that you can't do the speed limit anyway. So I think you'll find that you'll be able to go and let your hair down on some back road when the mood takes you.

Grant's an ex-pat kiwi who did the opposite of you and moved stateside. He has been fairly complimentary of your compatriots, so no need to be quite so defensive. Yep there are some douchebag yanks alright, but there are plenty salt-of-the-earth types too.

Sweet!!!

Great Info! I really appreciate it, and the cool weather won't bother me a bit :-) I guess there are some really fine people here they can just be so close minded sometimes, but when you stop and think about it, there are some really good ones too. thats anywhere though I would presume.... my Cousins are out in Nebraska and when I was little I would call it the wave state because everyone, EVERYone waves :-)

I'm so excited to be coming down there! its going to be 112 F tomorrow here and I'm so not lookin forward to that my 325 dosn't have any A/C so it's ultra nasty :-(

Bryan

Don't hesitate to let me know any questions you might have about USA life vs NZ life.

Despite the countries not being too differently culturally, I have noticed a lot of differences.

I also think that it is easier for me being a Kiwi living in the USA to adapt than it is an American living in NZ.

If you wish to reconsider living in the frigid cold of Christchurch, you may wish to consider living in the picturesque Bay of Islands.

I have a warehouse for rent with office space and a 2-bedroom flat on top in Haruru Falls, less than 5mins drive from the main swimming beach at Paihia.

PM me if you're interested. :D

Haruru Falls

Posted Image

Paihia Beach

Posted Image

Bay of Islands

Posted Image

You'll find Christchurch cold. Average temp in summer is 12-22 Celsius (54-72 Fahrenheit). You get days that are warmer but these are averages.

I think your talking more about Dunners temp Graham...Christchurch in the midst of summer would be more like mid to late 20's on average...though def not as warm as top of the nth island. :P