Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

WTF!

Is with all the threads getting closed around here!?

Seems to me a disgruntled moderator had a bad night last night, so is taking it out around here!!

Ok fair enough...talking illegal mods etc need the hammer but a few should not have been killed, just the ar$ehole posts removed...

I have seen far too many forums turn to crap because mods don't agree with the TA's opinions.

Get off your high horses mods, and let people discuss things...even if they have been discussed more than 10 minutes ago!!

post-5369-1278221676.jpg

*Waiting for my opinion, to not be agreed with and this thread closed* :lol: :lol:

agree tone down the naziness so what if people talk bout illegal mods i cbf writing more

It may have escaped your notice but all the threads I think you're referring to involve one particular member .

IMO the mods do an excellent job

Edited by 1rotty

So...because they don't like this one person or have some kind of beef with his posts...they are not valid!?

If the mods think his threads or posts are crap, PM him and ask him too tone it down, instead they throw their weight around...Sounds like bullying to me!!

Agree with Mark, IMO the mods have had good reason to close all the ones I've seen

I saw one last week that someone had started about selling e30 parts/junk and someone said about why's he selling this crap...then several others jumped on the slagging off band wagon and his thread was closed instead of the stupid posts removed...and today, a thread about the M8 was closed!!! sh*t i had never even heard of it- like i'm sure many others on the forums who *QUOTE* "have not been here more than 10 mins"...of course i'm not going to always agree with the mods and brown nose when it's hardly consistant the threads they close.

It may have escaped your notice but all the threads I think you're referring to involve one particular member .

I agree.

When a new member comes in and starts threads about illegal mod's and then starts to abuse members, i personally think they should get kicked.

Edited by bellicose

+1, And Cliffdunedin all you seem to stir the pot when these issues come up

I agree to all posts above.

doesnt help when the main catalysts of the threads turning to sh*t also seem to be swinging off one or more of the moderators nuts too, though that admittedly has decreased quite a bit in the last month or two

I agree. When a new member comes in and starts threads about illegal mod's and then starts to abuse members, i personally think they should get kicked.

There is better ways then to throw stones!?...like i suggested, why don't mods pm and ask those new members to go over the forum rules and explain the consequences that will happen if they are not stuck too! instead of what this thread's being discussed about!

+1, And Cliffdunedin all you seem to stir the pot when these issues come up

Like i said, I have seen too many good forums turn to mud because of mods not respecting others opinions, i also work in an industry where bullying...as well as various other issues effect the little guy and i will go into bat for anyone that is getting hard done by (whether in real life or the internet)...

AND is your problem me, bringing the topic of people getting picked on or me not agreeing with mods decisions!?

I closed them , not because of the subject or the person posting. I closed them because of the sh*t being thrown at each other. If people continue to throw sh*t at each other I'll close more. Its not the content its the lack of respect your showing each other... especially new people.

Seems to me a disgruntled moderator had a bad night last night, so is taking it out around here!!

Get off your high horses mods, and let people discuss things...even if they have been discussed more than 10 minutes ago!!

Check rule 7 mate.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=19185

There is better ways then to throw stones!?...like i suggested, why don't mods pm and ask those new members to go over the forum rules and explain the consequences that will happen if they are not stuck too! instead of what this thread's being discussed about!

Shouldn't new members read the rules before posting, as it says "Forum rules: Please read before posting"

Every one needs to chill out - It's an internet forum - not some religion that must be strictly adhered to.

I can understand why some of the more senior members on here left a while ago.

Go outside and kick a ball around to work off some of the anger issues. :P

Edited by e38king

I closed them , not because of the subject or the person posting. I closed them because of the sh*t being thrown at each other. If people continue to throw sh*t at each other I'll close more. Its not the content its the lack of respect your showing each other... especially new people.

Is there not a way of blocking the members posting on the thread instead of killing it?

Check rule 7 mate.

Shouldn't new members read the rules before posting, as it says "Forum rules: Please read before posting"

You have too much time on your hands, if you go sniffing over small print buddy!!

If i'm banned for this opinion, then obviously this forum is not for me.

What i have noticed is that many of the noobs who come on, are young fellas wanting help from experienced guys (this certainly is the right forum for that)...But come on. how many 16-17 year olds you know are going to go over forum rules and stick by them verbatim!?

You have too much time on your hands, if you go sniffing over small print buddy!!

If i'm banned for this opinion, then obviously this forum is not for me.

What i have noticed is that many of the noobs who come on, are young fellas wanting help from experienced guys (this certainly is the right forum for that)...But come on. how many 16-17 year olds you know are going to go over forum rules and stick by them verbatim!?

No, it's just that i don't suffer fools easily, must have something to do with me not liking people lol.

Yes but, i bet this wouldn't be the only forum they join and i doubt any other forum mod's would put up with some of the stuff we have seen from noobs.

You would expect noobs to show a little respect to longer standing members, no?

Edited by bellicose

Fair call!! I may have missed those...but still :lol:

On a related matter, I posted a thread in off topic last week with a somewhat humourous video (or so I thought) and it was deleted a couple of hours later with no explanation. I assume because the mod who got rid of it thought it was stupid/not funny.

There was no offensive material in the video. There have been countless threads over the last couple of years I've been on here of far less quality.

I don't care, but if it was considered to be spam then just give me the heads up so I stop "spamming" in the future.

I can understand why some of the more senior members on here left a while ago.

And so can most of us.

I would suggest that the quality of the thread dictates the quality of the responses

It seems most of the recent controversial threads have been started by immature noobs.

Cliffdunedin- I think you'd be surprised at how much 'behind the scenes' activity goes on in attempts to control these low quality or inappropriate threads.

Guest BimmerzE36

Is with all the threads getting closed around here!?

Ok fair enough...talking illegal mods etc need the hammer but a few should not have been killed, just the ar$ehole posts removed...

I have seen far too many forums turn to crap because mods don't agree with the TA's opinions.

post-5369-1278221676.jpg

+ Agreed, couldn't have said it better buddy.

^^^^

A lot of the stuff you post is unnecessary....like the above post....

Come on dude, you're not helping.

*edit* - this was aimed at Antil33t

Edited by Creaver - STOK3D

Gone, You're right.

+ Agreed, couldn't have said it better buddy.
It seems most of the recent controversial threads have been started by immature noobs.

The threads that have been closed have been related to a certain member who has arrived on the forum and rather than sit back and see how things are done (lurking)... he has jumped in headfirst and started posting new threads every 5 minutes. Moderators do this regularly when new members get all excited about finally purchasing a BMW and post new threads about subjects that have been covered numerous times. That's fine, and someone usually suggests that they "do a search" for the info... but when they continue to start new threads out of sheer laziness thinking they can just be spoon-fed answers, then that's where we step in.

@CliffDunedin, I don't think you realise the extent of what goes on behind the scenes - in the Moderator's only forum - to control unruly members and keep the peace on this forum. We're all volunteers, helping out to ensure everyone can enjoy the site. You seem like someone who likes to continually question authority, and that's all well and good, but we're just following the rules as set out by the administrators. So if you don't like it, get out.