Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

PLEASE tell me if i'm wrong but...

there is such thing is a M-Sport right, cause this was some guy wrote about my car on another site

Why are you trying to be something you're not?

I mean, your driving a regular 3-series, why are you trying to trick people into thinking it's a M3. You went so far as to buying M3 front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and badges and mirrors! And yet, it's still a plain old 3-series. It's got a slow old 3-series engine, no M3 engine. There's no such thing as a M-Sport 3 series. You just made that up. There's a M (as in Motorsport) Powered 3 Series, aka M3, and then there is the 318, 325, 328, 330.

So basically, I'm saying, "Why are you trying to make people think your car is a M3 when it's not"

hes wrong right?

yep, but just an interesting note, if its an american site the only M cars they got were M3 M5 etc so maybe thats why he's confused

tell him to go suck some cock

unless you go round telling people your car is an m3

my e30 is an m325i, and basically just adds a kit and LSD and some other things, yours is prob pretty similar, sans LSD. it just isnt CALLED one by BMW

kits look good.....doesnt matter what car they off

added to the fact that yours prob does a 15 sec quarter mile, which is decent for such a heavy car

question is ... do you like your car??? thats all it comes down to.

my cars just a shitty old 325 and im putting a m tech2 kit on it if anyone doesnt like it they can eat a dick its my car.

at the end of the day its your car and it looks good.

On a side note I saw you up Bastion Point yesterday, car was looking nice.

i have no idea where that is but, thank you.

yeah i'll agree that its questionable wheather mine is a real one, but still thats was it says on the lil bit of paper from the sale. who cares aslong as that other guy is WRONG :D

thanks

ps. ur comments have been passed on ;)

Edited by 1N STYL

yeah i'll agree that its questionable wheather mine is a real one, but still thats was it says on the lil bit of paper from the sale.

yeah when mine came from the dealer it was sold as a "325 M Sport"

in my case it means it came with a sticker on the side of the front guard that said SPORT ..... extra 10hp id say haha

needless to say it lasted about 5 mins on there

Haha, knob

My Impreza has an STi rear wing but I don't go around saying it's an STi, neither would I with my BMW, even though it has an M3 kit.

Like Gus said, who cares, aslong as you don't tell people it's something it isn't.

Yeah, IN STYL i agree with all these guys, so long as you don't say its a M3 its fine.No wonder why Greenday don't want to be "American Idiots" :lol:

Your car is cool. Have you got a link to this discussion?

to me an //M aint worth s&^T unless it is a M3 or M5.I am pretty sure that the 1990 535IS cars were all sold by BMW NZ debadged with only an //M badge on them...mine came off almost straight away....by all means tell it like it is ie sports seats etc,but dont call it a motorsport unless it actually is.If it is good if it aint dont call it one.

to me an //M aint worth s&^T unless it is a M3 or M5.I am pretty sure that the 1990 535IS cars were all sold by BMW NZ debadged with only an //M badge on them...mine came off almost straight away....by all means tell it like it is ie sports seats etc,but dont call it a motorsport unless it actually is.If it is good if it aint dont call it one.

the question is how do u know if it really is or not?

Yes there is such a thing as motor sport kit .... Hell .. my car has the motorsport kit ... but everyone see's the badge (just ///M)on the boot always asks whether it's an M3 ... i always have to explain the difference ...

It was funny when this random guy did think it was an M3 .. cause on my registration just says BMW compact M ... lol ..

The 540iS was completely debadged and has remained that way. Even though it has all the M5 performance bits in the suspension. It still isn't an M5 (not that there was one outside of Europe in 95)

At least with the older cars, BMW was actually doing something to improve the performance of the cars. A new motorsport has not much more than spoilers on it and the seem to be a BMW equivalent of a Holden Equipe (now not saying it's like a Holden), but they tart it up, to sell it off as a run-out.

Tell your septic tank to look at an English website, even the BMW club of GB.

Point him towards an E30 320iS if you want to see the strange variants of BMW's that do exist. i.e. It's an M325 body & suspension, with a detuned M3 motor!

de badging pwns

werd dawg

Yes, debadging especially when you have the bits there such as the kit or the wheels.

If you want to stick a badge on use one that is obviously wrong, like a W/// for winner, or a STI or NISMO. Stay away from Mugen though, that'd just be gay.

Grant, sticking an mtech kit on your car is a personal choice, if it looks good then why not. The front spoiler and rear wing are the most important... :ph34r:

Hey, Look out for me next time you're around Birkenhead(Black E36 Coupe) I've had so many discussions (arguements)on what's a motorsport and what's not. In general, Motorsport models were just the standard car with M badges, M kit, harder suspension and interior. No engine difference att all unless a homologation special. I got so sick of the drama i took the badge off the boot. They were definately recognised as a genuine motorsport model. I'd be keen to meet whoever told you there's no such thing. Rip his face off and he might not be so cocky.

there is such thing is a M-Sport right, cause this was some guy wrote about my car on another site

Why are you trying to be something you're not?

I mean, your driving a regular 3-series, why are you trying to trick people into thinking it's a M3. You went so far as to buying M3 front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and badges and mirrors! And yet, it's still a plain old 3-series. It's got a slow old 3-series engine, no M3 engine. There's no such thing as a M-Sport 3 series. You just made that up. There's a M (as in Motorsport) Powered 3 Series, aka M3, and then there is the 318, 325, 328, 330.

So basically, I'm saying, "Why are you trying to make people think your car is a M3 when it's not"

hes wrong right?

The M-sport thing is mainly a asain import thing ... its to do with the styling kit .. he is confused, but a lot of people from the US are like that. They dont think that there is a world outside of there own country.

When you ring up a insurance company these days .. they even ask if its and M-sport ... so yes it is a classification for later modeled BMW 3 series vehicles.

1N STYL

Check the post from BMW POWER.

I think i've set them straight.

LMAO wats our personal relationship like? :wub:
lol i was just saying that because that'll bum the American assholes out even more.

:lol: