Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Bargain of the century!

Visit My Website

I've seen several post 200,000km pre-facelift imported models for 20k plus. At 16slides providing theres nothing wrong with this car it has to be a bargain. Same setup as my old CLK55 and that was an epic unit. The E55 is an absolute hammer of a car, instant performance & alot of fun.

Yer, they've only had it a month. A pre-purchase Mercedes check is in order for sure. These things are big big bickie's to fix if there's issues.

Very good buying. Even better if you can find someone that will sell you a warranty for it...

Very good buying. Even better if you can find someone that will sell you a warranty for it...

Merk pre-purchase inspection and warranty are ya set.

Warranties for AMG merk's are bloody expensive though, starting at around the 2k mark from memory.

EDIT: Just found my CLK 55 AMG's warranty booklet and I paid $2400 for a 3 year warranty for it.

Edited by Clinton

Such a nice car the E55, big grunt for the money too. How can someone buy a VT Clubsport or VY SS over an E55? Same money....

Such a nice car the E55, big grunt for the money too. How can someone buy a VT Clubsport or VY SS over an E55? Same money....

cos you dont need to buy a 2500 warranty to be able to sleep at night

The clown that buys the VT Clubby needs to un-install life IMO.

If things weren't so up and down with my work at the moment I'd be on a bird tomorrow and thundering that thing back to Dunedin. All I'd take is my wallet and radar detector!

The clown that buys the VT Clubby needs to un-install life IMO.

If things weren't so up and down with my work at the moment I'd be on a bird tomorrow and thundering that thing back to Dunedin. All I'd take is my wallet and radar detector!

what are the big ticket repair items?126 k the thing is still new!

Still 10 years old though. I believe they are pretty reliable and over engineered but they can still break, just pay to have that warranty just incase.

Brakes, seat switches ($1300), sunroof switches ($1250), seat airbags (cornering ones, not safety), radiator fans ($2500) etc etc, this on a car with 48kms and 5-6 years newer.

Yer, I do remember the brakes being very expensive on them and need replacing every 80km Mine had done low k's so I avoided all these items luckily.

Brakes, seat switches ($1300), sunroof switches ($1250), seat airbags (cornering ones, not safety), radiator fans ($2500) etc etc, this on a car with 48kms and 5-6 years newer.

pass......

pass......

It's unfortunately what you need to spend on upkeep for a supercar. When released these things were the best road going sedan available IMO. I can't imagine the maintenance costs being any more than a M5 ?

For clarification, that was all 4 brakes replaced at 48kms.

For clarification, that was all 4 brakes replaced at 48kms.

My Dad just replaced all of his brakes on his 04 E55. Thats the supercharged E55. I think his was around $4500K including it's 50,000km service. I can't remember what his warranty costs but it is up for renewal soon.

The E55 is just an awesome machine. Is quite a laugh when you outdrag a SS Commadore and you have your race car towing behind.

My Dad just replaced all of his brakes on his 04 E55. Thats the supercharged E55. I think his was around $4500K including it's 50,000km service. I can't remember what his warranty costs but it is up for renewal soon.

The E55 is just an awesome machine. Is quite a laugh when you outdrag a SS Commadore and you have your race car towing behind.

I've always wanted one (supercharged one) - what do they go like & would you compare it to a M5 if you've been in one?

They're becoming very cheap now for the performance and power you're getting. They have more torque than a E60 M5 but I actually think the E55 would be easier to live with especially on a day to day basis.

Edited by Clinton

Another clarification, I was referring to an S55 Kompressor (04), the torque is stunning, 1800rpm will take you past pretty much everything. And with charcoal 19's off a SL65AMG and tints, looks stunning too. I'd stand by the pricing though, everytime I mentioned AMG you could hear the tone change and the price go up.