Sign in to follow this  
uhlsta

BMW E30 M325i 1989

Anyone know this M325i?

It's go weird front seats, has it not?

Other than that looks tidy, but has exemption licence, what does this mean?

M325i

CarJam

They just look like they have seat covers on them to me

Edited by Grant

is it me or does he want a bit much for it

Guess it's you, that seems to be the norm for Tech2's at the moment.

Exemption means it's got the reg on hold, but as it has a wof you only need to go to postshop and buy new reg to put it back on the road.

Exemption means it's got the reg on hold, but as it has a wof you only need to go to postshop and buy new reg to put it back on the road.

Just curious cause I saw one for round 7000 a while ago a grey one. Looked real clean and just as good as that.

dont know the car, looks pretty decent for the k's

re pricing - its probably right on the money, market at the moment seems to be

$4000-$6000 for replica tech2's or a tech 1

$6000-$8000 for ruff and standard tech2's

$8000-$12000 for average ones with maybe a few go fast bits

$12000+ for something special

I agree with that. Miss mine already, actually thinking about buying another and this one is in Papakura so it would be rude not to have a look.

Depends. If you put it on hold for 3 months, during that 3 months IIRC you can't get rego for it, but when that 3 months is up you can. I have to wait til August to get my E30 some rego.

So with 300,000km of use would this have had all the relevant wear and tear items replaced? Bushes/mounts etc

Depends. If you put it on hold for 3 months, during that 3 months IIRC you can't get rego for it, but when that 3 months is up you can. I have to wait til August to get my E30 some rego.

The minimum period you can have the rego on hold is 3 months, however, you can get some rego before this 3 months is up but they will charge you from the date it was put on hold, not the date you get the new rego. Hope that makes sense!

So with 300,000km of use would this have had all the relevant wear and tear items replaced? Bushes/mounts etc

Maybe. You won't know 'till you look. JiB's old car had lots of 300k km old looking bushes on it when he bought it.

The minimum period you can have the rego on hold is 3 months, however, you can get some rego before this 3 months is up but they will charge you from the date it was put on hold, not the date you get the new rego. Hope that makes sense!

I didn't know that! Thanks for that info

Looks damned nice, but is it just me or are the prices of these things especially in the last 6 months gone up a hell of alot?

Price of the M325i definately has and I don't think this ones worth 10k, same goes for most you see on TM.

There are exceptions when a minter comes up (Atta's) and I can see why people would think they're "rare" but from this period, as far as I'm concerned, the only really collectable 3 series is the M3.

I would say there are more E30 M3's in NZ than Tech-II M325is ;)

Price of the M325i definately has and I don't think this ones worth 10k, same goes for most you see on TM.

There are exceptions when a minter comes up (Atta's) and I can see why people would think they're "rare" but from this period, as far as I'm concerned, the only really collectable 3 series is the M3.

I'd 2nd that. When you see a M325i it's like: ahhh nice, a M325i. When you see a E30 M3 it's like: OMG, Scheiße, pull over have a look, ask the owner if it's ok if you steal it. Don't get me wrong at all, I would love to own a M325i, infact I probably would rather own one over a M3 because of the money tied up.