Sign in to follow this  
Grant

I'm Driving a CRX...

...in GT4.

I surcumbed and bought a Playstation 2, Logitech Steering wheel etc and GT 4 today.

It is good fun, I have resisted playing computer games as I have thought that they are a big waste of time.

However, I must say I am enjoying GT4, even if I am not much chop at it yet.

Hopefully my current lack of skills will soon be sorted out.

Cheers

i'll bring a controller and beers. did you say you have a 50" plasma?

Strange the Honda Civic Type R is so slow in the game (from the start) those damn cube car things have been beating me in some races! Skyline GTS-T makes an alright starting off vehicle.

i'll bring a controller and beers. did you say you have a 50" plasma?

It's awesome playing GT3 on our 52'' plasma .. so i think GT4 would be better ... I need to get off my ass and go to harvey norman to get the game now ..

BTW .. what would be considered the best steering wheel for gt4 ?

Word, It rules hard....

definitely worth getting!!! the physics seem really quite real no longer can you bounce off the walls to get through certain corners more quickly.... some cars seem really slow in comparison to their realy counterparts, and others fast, in particular the wheelbarrow mini box cars and sh*t.... must say, drifting it up (read crashing into everything) in a new M5 on nurburgring is the sh*t.... :thumb:

Ah man, I was going to go home early from work and play it now that I have it but someone told me the trains were delayed :(

Tick tock tick tock...

My first buy was a lancer evo II.

BTW, what's the best car you got from the National B license, I got a silly VW Lupo. I'm assuming the Lupo is the bronze car, what's the silver and gold cars???

E: Nevermind, here they are:

B(Bronze) : VOLKSWAGEN Lupo 1.4 '02

B(Silver) : MAZDA KUSABI '03

B(Gold) : HONDA S500 '63

A(Bronze) : PONTIAC Sunfire GXP Concept '02

A(Silver) : ACURA DN-X '02

A(Gold) : NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R (Gran Turismo Version) '01

IB(Bronze) : NIKE One 2022

IB(Silver) : MAZDA RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '04

IB(Gold) : JENSEN HEALEY Interceptor Mk.III '74

IA(Bronze) : NISMO 270R '94 (S14)

IA(Silver) : NISSAN GT-R Concept (TokyoShow) '01

IA(Gold) : DOME ZERO '78

S(Bronze) : MERCURY Cougar XR-7 '67

S(Silver) : PONTIAC Solstice Coupe Concept '02

S(Gold) : FORD Model T Tourer '15

Edited by ///Carl

I am making progress, I can win all of the beginner races everytime now, so time to move to the next stage.

Basically when I play it all I do is drive the Nurburgring in the arcade mode in different cars. I even drove it in that 15hp Subaru that is one of the choices.

Cheers

I am making progress, I can win all of the beginner races everytime now, so time to move to the next stage.

Basically when I play it all I do is drive the Nurburgring in the arcade mode in different cars. I even drove it in that 15hp Subaru that is one of the choices.

Cheers

Nana car for a nana driver aye :P

Cheers

Yup, I felt like a leisurely drive around it, it is perfect for getting the right lines for corners.

It is a bit sad however that my best time around the 'Ring to date is in a Toyota Corolla - I am able to do lap after lap in it without varying from the right line and amazingly enough without going off the track. That time is 9 mins, 57 secs (I can hear the shrieks of laughter from here)

I still suck at it, but I suck a little less each time.... :D

Edit: I love that ghosting feature too, helps me improve my laptimes easily, as I can know my best braking points etc, and can try and brake later, accelerate earlier etc to carry more speed through the corners.

Cheers

If you want fast money, go to Special Condition(which is on the far left side of GT mode) then do the second rally down(Capri rally) you don't need rally tyres, because it's a tarmac track.

$10,000 for winning both races, then the car you win can be sold for over $260,000 and keep doing it again and again, lots of money

Cheers

Yup, I felt like a leisurely drive around it, it is perfect for getting the right lines for corners.

It is a bit sad however that my best time around the 'Ring to date is in a Toyota Corolla - I am able to do lap after lap in it without varying from the right line and amazingly enough without going off the track. That time is 9 mins, 57 secs (I can hear the shrieks of laughter from here)

I still suck at it, but I suck a little less each time.... :D

Edit: I love that ghosting feature too, helps me improve my laptimes easily, as I can know my best braking points etc, and can try and brake later, accelerate earlier etc to carry more speed through the corners.

Cheers

You're onto g-money, understanding how to actually handle the car properly goes a long way, it's the same conept with track racing too. It's no use trying to race (intermarque is a good start point) in a car that's too powerful for you, hence why the E30 bimmers make good intermarque cars. Gotta learn to drive properly fist :)

Maybe we should have an online competiton of some sort round the ring, in a car of choice. Make it rwd tho.

I'll clean all you biatches up :pimp:

You're onto g-money, understanding how to actually handle the car properly goes a long way, it's the same conept with track racing too. It's no use trying to race (intermarque is a good start point) in a car that's too powerful for you, hence why the E30 bimmers make good intermarque cars. Gotta learn to drive properly fist

Yep, the MX5 and 1 series were perfect cars for learning on the ring.

a good alternative for PC guys is GTR...andy n i have been cranking laps round the ring.....good fun with a momo wheel. so realistic...first racing game i ever have played where in the wet it actually feels like your driving in the wet, and you dont just get chucked off the track

and starting in a way too powerful car that you cant control is way more fun :D

I hired GT4, been playing a bit. Its not that differnt to GT3, pretty average i reckon. The photo mode is the best thing...

post-18-1111312360.jpg

Going from GT2 on a PSX to GT4 on the PSX2 it a big jump so don't dis it

Can't decide which is my fav ride yet between the M3 GTR, RUF CTR2, AC 427...but the Nürburgring is the track to use

Well if you went from Pacman to GT4 i'm sure you would think its pretty good. Its not bad, just not that different at all from GT3. After like 3 years I would have thought they would have changed the interface. I hate that about GT 1,2,3 &4.

Exhaust, buy, are u sure? yes, ok, fit now? ok, exit, next one...

Or race, load, settings, load, exit load, race, load, replay load, exit load, pize winnings, load.