Sign in to follow this  
Grant

I'm Driving a CRX...

Well if you went from Pacman to GT4 i'm sure you would think its pretty good. Its not bad, just not that different at all from GT3. After like 3 years I would have thought they would have changed the interface. I hate that about GT 1,2,3 &4.

Exhaust, buy, are u sure? yes, ok, fit now? ok, exit, next one...

Or race, load, settings, load, exit load, race, load, replay load, exit load, pize winnings, load.

You're a chick aren't you, bitch...moan...bitch...moan...bitch...moan...

Funny, but I do agree with m325i's comments - a new interface would be nice.

GT4 is the best Racing Sim. Its a high quality game. But if you spend hours and hours getting 90% on GT3, it doesnt hold my attention. GT3 was a massive step up from GT2.

Where is????????

-proper smoke?

-Tyre marks?

-damage?

-online?

-versus drag racing?

-a drift mode? (meant to be in GT2000 aka GT3)

-better interface, ie when modding, have a checklist so you dont have to go through each individual thing

-engine transplants

-They even use they same icons for all the races

Things that are cool:

-photo mode

-b spec mode

-sound - rotors sound like rotors now

-back fires/flames (but on a standard car?)

as a stand alone game 9.5/10

if you owned GT3 6.5/10

IMO :huh:

Guest Andrew

GT4 is the best Racing Sim. Its a high quality game. But if you spend hours and hours getting 90% on GT3, it doesnt hold my attention. GT3 was a massive step up from GT2.

Where is????????

-proper smoke?

-Tyre marks?

-damage?

-online?

-versus drag racing?

-a drift mode? (meant to be in GT2000 aka GT3)

-better interface, ie when modding, have a checklist so you dont have to go through each individual thing

-engine transplants

-They even use they same icons for all the races

Things that are cool:

-photo mode

-b spec mode

-sound - rotors sound like rotors now

-back fires/flames (but on a standard car?)

as a stand alone game 9.5/10

if you owned GT3 6.5/10

IMO :huh:

GT4 may be good - its still miles behind most PC car simulators. GTR (a new game not yet released for International Market) has WAY better physics (+ all the neat little special effects you mentioned). The cars are realistic.. you can't bounce them off the rev limiter for ages, you can't drive through a gravel trap without filling your air intakes/valance with gravel and having the brake temps go up etc etc. Driving in the wet is so damn realistic its unbelieveable.. the force feed back you feel understeer/oversteer not just a crappy vibrate/wobble.

But then again it only has 15 or so race cars and isn't intended to be a modify yo ride type game. The other downside its - its probably way to hard for most people. Which would suck if you just wanted a car driving game.

i believe there is no damage as it gets a bit dicey legally with all the licenced cars somehow....our car would never damage like that/flip like that/burn like that

etc.

think NFSU2 had the same thing and thats why it didnt have any permanent damage(olny the screen cracked briefly)

Guest Andrew

For those who says GT4 is the best simulator, I dare you to download LIVE FOR SPEED !

I have played Live 4 Speed for aggesss.. and its pretty realistic. But a sh*t house game.

Bring back Test Drive I say, that had the best playability of any car game for it's time.

You could take different car routes, go offroad in an effort to find short cuts, drive at night, put your window wipers on esp. to clear off the bugs, dodge cops or get ticketed, etc...

Before that there was just blocky gfx grand prix and nfs...

Slightly OT, but am I like the hardest (perhaps oldest) geek here or has anyone else here played some of the older long running series games such as M&M (1-10), Heroes of M&M (1-4), Doom (1-3), EOB (1-4), TES (1-3+), Bards Tale (1-4?), Civilisation, Art of War, NFS.......

Just trying to remember all those old PC classics...so many over the years...just trying to think which game for it's time had the best playability, not gfx, but game play...

Stunts? Gauntlet? North & South? Indy 500 with damage rocked.

I kick it old school

stunts pwned all.

i loved it when it f**ked up and you would fly for like... eva in the f1 car :D

badassness

Yeah, Stunts ownd, Indy 500 was the sh*t...Gauntlet we still have, my brother in Chch rigged up a pc to an old arcade machine (2 joys, 3 buttons per joy) and is running an arcade game emulator to run thousands of those old classics, P41, Gauntlet, Golden Axe, Street Fighter, Moonwalker, Space Invaders, Centrepede, Tetris, you name it...they wear out quick though

Slightly OT, but am I like the hardest (perhaps oldest) geek here or has anyone else here played some of the older long running series games such as M&M (1-10), Heroes of M&M (1-4), Doom (1-3), EOB (1-4), TES (1-3+), Bards Tale (1-4?), Civilisation, Art of War, NFS.......

Ahh .. Doom 1-3 .. that just reminds me of Duke Nukem .... used to do all night long 56k-56k modem battles ...

Guest Andrew

Stunts > all.

Amiga / Commodore 64 > all.

yeah you could do some insane sh*t in Stunts - i made some badass tracks.

When a game came on a single floppy disc, those were the days.

nah man, when they rocked you from a cassette tape, thats the sh*t.

nah man, when they rocked you from a cassette tape, thats the sh*t.

Haha, bluemax and commando were the tape games I remember best, 15 mins loading time though...and people are complaining now about having to pause a few secs between GT4 screens, shesh!!!

Enthusia and LFS S2(soon to be released) will be the most realistic simulators you can buy, and LFS S2 is only $30, and its going to beat pants off GT4 and any other wanabe sim.

sorry Carl, but I'm older than you, and definitely qualify as a games geek

favourite sim at the moment is F1 2003, havent upgraded yet

but got gt4 on thurs and didnt surface til last night, heaps of fun

Just got the game yesterday. first time round the ring did a 7:30 in my 580kW commodore SS, didn't exactly stay on track but like gus said, going out in a car way to powerful to learn in is way more fun. Oh and no driving aids of course

I was unbeatable at GT3 so gimme a few days on GT4 and i'll have it sorted.

Just got the game yesterday. first time round the ring did a 7:30 in my 580kW commodore SS, didn't exactly stay on track but like gus said, going out in a car way to powerful to learn in is way more fun. Oh and no driving aids of course

I was unbeatable at GT3 so gimme a few days on GT4 and i'll have it sorted.

We should get a link going and have a dual race...

i would buy gt4 2 moro if it was online. imagine how sick that would be!

i heard ther is an unofficial online thing? no link sorry

Guest Spargo

You can fool the game into thinking its a Link battle... gimme some time to dig the info up...

"Josh you fool"

I love that ad

Edited by m325i