Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

850 on trademe

do want!!! anyone want to buy my car to make ends meet :P

Love the E31 until you turn on the lights, id take an E24 instead.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-305675071.htm

if I only had the money....

Anyone know why this 850 has a 840 front bumper and mirrors or just a refit?

Hi this car has the M-tech bodykit that was unique to the 850csi that also became standard on the 840ci sport circa 1997. A few 850i's over the years had their appearance up-graded with the body-kit.

From what I know, this car has been neglected. Hearsay, but I had a freind look at this car closely and there were numerous issues to sort out. The thing about buying one of these is I think you have to buy a good one and this is translated to a higher asking price. You get a bargain with one of these early v12's, and it could be an expensive exercise in the long run.

Lol the comments at the bottom of the auction in regards to the Teen doing 200kph

850i

For an extra 5k or so you can own that one. Why buy an import that has done alot more mileage & isn't as tidy. That wine red 850i has to be from the pics one of the best examples I've seen.

850i

For an extra 5k or so you can own that one. Why buy an import that has done alot more mileage & isn't as tidy. That wine red 850i has to be from the pics one of the best examples I've seen.

Because the 850 is a lot more expensive to own, and doesn't really "justify" it in term of performance. The V12 is silk smooth yes, but unless you're being extremely picky and do nothing but sit in your car and listen for vibrations all day, you wouldn't know the difference between the V8 and V12 (in terms of smoothness). M60 parts are much easier to find than M70, a lot cheaper, and more people know how to work on them than the M70.

Only justification for having an M70 over the M60 realistically is the idea of "if you're going to own the most prestigious car made by a prestigious brand, BMW, then you might as well own the top of the model". And with that being said, not many have a CSi.

Pics don't tell ANYTHING about the car. I would rather have that V8 one with a dent in it than the V12 if it's been looked after properly (which as stated above hasn't). NEVER get a 8 series that hasn't been looked after, unless you're ready to spend at least half of what you bought it for immediately. They are a nightmare when acting up, but gorgeous when it's running right

Lastly, mileage really isn't an issue for these engines, especially the V12. It's bulletproof. The electronics not so much, but the engine itself is very very well made.

Edited by zara

Because the 850 is a lot more expensive to own, and doesn't really "justify" it in term of performance. The V12 is silk smooth yes, but unless you're being extremely picky and do nothing but sit in your car and listen for vibrations all day, you wouldn't know the difference between the V8 and V12 (in terms of smoothness). M60 parts are much easier to find than M70, a lot cheaper, and more people know how to work on them than the M70.

Only justification for having an M70 over the M60 realistically is the idea of "if you're going to own the most prestigious car made by a prestigious brand, BMW, then you might as well own the top of the model". And with that being said, not many have a CSi.

Pics don't tell ANYTHING about the car. I would rather have that V8 one with a dent in it than the V12 if it's been looked after properly (which as stated above hasn't). NEVER get a 8 series that hasn't been looked after, unless you're ready to spend at least half of what you bought it for immediately. They are a nightmare when acting up, but gorgeous when it's running right

Lastly, mileage really isn't an issue for these engines, especially the V12. It's bulletproof. The electronics not so much, but the engine itself is very very well made.

They are both v12 mate

They are both v12 mate

Oh I've been stupid. Somehow I remember it being the V8 one. Oh well, there's a short write-up if someone wants to know the difference between the two engines in this car....

Yeah hold up lol, they are both 850i's

Are there any Alpina variants in NZ?

Yeah hold up lol, they are both 850i's

Are there any Alpina variants in NZ?

I am almost certain there aren't. But you just never know...it's amazing what you hear people have got in warehouses in private collections..! Alpina's in general are pretty rare, especially in NZ.

However, there is a NZ new 840ci in Auckland which was fully spec'd with AC Schnitzer kit. It lives in Auckland and I am pretty sure is Avus blue with grey leather. Interesting enough, it is a 6 speed manual - one of only 57 in rhd with the 4.0 engine. Rare and very cool looking car.