Sign in to follow this  
brad91

E30 Coilovers

Hey guys.

Wont some coilovers for my beema. Are there any bolt in brands that are cheap? Want to spend around about the $1200AUD mark or less :S I know 32 skyline front coilovers fit in the rear but not sure what to use for the front. Over here i can buy a kit where i cut the spring perch off and weld the adjustable thread onto the strut tube and then use a spring but have to retain the non damper adjustable struts. I can get that kit for around the $350 mark and 32 coils for around the $400 mark. However that doesnt include camber tops.

I have looked at BC adjustables but they say you have to weld the front hub onto them??? No idea what this means or what you have to weld as as far as i know the front hub was part of the struts?

Are there any cheap bolt in kits? I want something firm for drifting. Think i run like 10/8 in my fc so the firmer the better. And do the kits come with camber tops? Or would i have to buy that seperatly?

Thanks

VMaxx does a "bolt on" kit. No welding etc required.

Not really exspensive too..

Been looking into these,

Still researching it, but the XYZ coilovers seem to be pretty descent for the price, im tempted. They are weld in jobbies though, using your existing knuckle etc, and optionally hacking the OE rear spring perch.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-313311078.htm

http://www.speedfactor.co.nz/suspension.php

http://www.xyz-racing.com/

Vmaxx's look nice, but dont seem to have adjustable shocks/camber plates, so all you can adjust is the ride height?

Other option is these, http://www.ground-control-store.com/produc...php/II=121/CA=8, and some adjustable konis, but thats closer too $2k

Edited by Jacko

VMaxx is only height adjustable, although you could splash out and buy some adj. camber plates as the stock top mount is used.

over here in Aus they have a bright orange e30 drift car that i was going to buy but just missed out. I asked what coilovers they were running and apparently it is 32 front coilovers in the rear (seperate spring/strut removed and the coilover with spring on it goes straight in) and ae86 very modified to fit in the front.

Other thing that i had thought about is, would it be possible to convert to the stud pattern to 4x114.3?

Will have a look into those other coilovers. Really want something damper/camber adjustable though.

Or does anyone have any links on what is involved in the welding? I have acess to welders but dont know what i would have to weld.

over here in Aus they have a bright orange e30 drift car that i was going to buy but just missed out. I asked what coilovers they were running and apparently it is 32 front coilovers in the rear (seperate spring/strut removed and the coilover with spring on it goes straight in) and ae86 very modified to fit in the front.

Other thing that i had thought about is, would it be possible to convert to the stud pattern to 4x114.3?

Will have a look into those other coilovers. Really want something damper/camber adjustable though.

Or does anyone have any links on what is involved in the welding? I have acess to welders but dont know what i would have to weld.

Sell that nasty mazda and go all out on the bimmer :P

Guy in the black coupe is a loose unit, but he sure can drive.

NOOOO lol. That nasty mazda owes me more money than its worth 3 times over lol. I want something i can have fun in while i cant drive turbo.

But then i need something for more serious comps aswell where i plan to place on the podium. Which there is no way i will get that in something i can legally drive on the street

what is involved in fitting bc golds? I remember seeing them on ebay aus but they arent on there anymore. Any idea where i can get them? Have read they are pretty good for the money. Wish you could just buy a pair lol. Then i could get some tiens or hsd for the rear from a skyline.

With the bc's do you eliminate the seperate spring/shock combo?

AST-USA FTW. A bit exxy bro, but doable.

Why do you want to go to coil-over rears? Not really necessary and not the best thing to do with un-reinforced strut towers.

if you read the link it says that the skidline rears dont work, not without modification anyway.

just get an adjustable spring pearch set of somewhere like ireland engineering, or a set of ground controls. dont get anything custom if you can help because then it just opens up a whole new can of worms, and if you go coil over rear you will need to get the towers reenforced pretty well.

if you read the link it says that the skidline rears dont work

He tried rear R33 bilstein shocks though not front R32 coilovers.

if you read the link it says that the skidline rears dont work, not without modification anyway.

just get an adjustable spring pearch set of somewhere like ireland engineering, or a set of ground controls. dont get anything custom if you can help because then it just opens up a whole new can of worms, and if you go coil over rear you will need to get the towers reenforced pretty well.

Is it the top of the strut tower that rips open? Is it a common thing?

I busted both mine a week after I put new shocks and springs in, thought it was kinda random at the time :D

Cut out the top of the tower and welded in some ~5mm steel plates, been fine since.

Edited by Jacko

yea i work at an engineering shop so can just weld some extra plate in the top. I want coilovers for the height adjustability. Over here you arent allowed to be lower than 100mm. My other car is wound down to around 98mm i think and my fc i havnt measured.

I want it so i can set it pretty much bang on 100mm. And i can adjust the damper and camber of it. I just love the adjustability of it. Standard springs and struts you wont get the same versatility out of? And not to mention some good hard springs would cost me almost as much as coils anyway.

The rears arent a massive problem as i can always buy 32 coilovers but the fronts i dont know what to do. If i should buy a kit or buy some of these.

http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewSuspension.htm

scroll down to the sleeve kit. Just not sure what i would do for camber plates. Thought about making them at work but i wouldnt know how the pillowball setup works

Iv got some v-maxx and am happy to ship