Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2001 530i Motorsport

Wow you 530i BMW car is looking very nice in the white color, My two friends has this car but One have Black and second have

Metallic black color, I had to drives many time this car, Its so pretty car. Its engine that done head light with aerodynamic design its become a very cool look of this car.

Some stealth bulbs in the rear clears would remove that orange look.If I may be so bold Please do something with those chrome backed headlights they do not fit.

Cheers Allan

Some stealth bulbs in the rear clears would remove that orange look.If I may be so bold Please do something with those chrome backed headlights they do not fit.

Cheers Allan

Importer is pricing me up some factory clears.

Ok so today I'm home sick from school and thought I may as well fill my time with something worthwhile.. Exam study. Pfft whatever.

After my doctor's appointment in 15 minutes I'm going to be re-doing my wheel centres including painting the surrounds matte black.

Basically, I bought cheap CF ones on TradeMe which claim OEM fitment but of course they didn't.

So I'm going to fit the CF badge into the OEM cap. Unfortunately the OEM caps are faded and stained with years of road muck, even after cleaning with Wax and Grease remover so I am going to paint them matte black :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan

Here are some pics from last night on my way home from a mates, excuse the crappy phone pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I reckon go for it, I think it would look good :) Cleans up the front of the car IMO.

Playing with photoshop to get an idea of what I'm going to do:

-Shaving bonnet roundel

-Shaving boot lock

-Smoke tail lights

-19" M6 Staggered reps

-Slight lowering

-Double angel eyes

-Twin exhaust outlet

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan

those M6 wheels actually look alright.. I was expecting them to look silly

The E39 dechromed in 01 when it facelifted? is that correct, looks good with tints and in white, black dished wheels could be a winner

Trying black dished wheels now, gonna stick up a pic of smoked and unsmoked tails as comparison too.

Edit:

Couldn't find a dished wheel to use so stuck the ones that are on it on. Had a bit've a mare with them but you get the idea.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan

Not a fan of the M6 reps. Only cars they should be on is the M6 IMO

Get some BBS LMs and I like the standard tail lights over the tinted ones.

On LMs. I'd be going Style 5s if it weren't for the price/rarity.

How much can you get LM reps for? Looking on tirerack.com for actual ones.

Posted Image

Heres an e39 with the m6 Mags.. blue but you get the idea.. its not that bad really..

post-4350-1289079603.jpg

This is what id put on an e39, Spider Spoke 128, comes on the e60.

But in 18/19inch, they look a bit big in 20+ inches

post-4350-1289079923.jpg

Real twin exhausts on either side? im sure you cant do it properly without modifying the underneath of the car..

Keep it single and replace the muffler factory ones are heavy as hell.. i think it looks quite good single.

Edited by shaneg

closer pic.. although on another 7, cant find one on an e39, but look good in person

post-4350-1289080837.jpg

Have you given any thought to improving the light quality of your halo rings. Also do you have the Xenon low beam set already

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/al...t=halorings.gif.

As for the mirrors something like these.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/al...=our530i002.jpg.

Just check to see if you have the tilt option on your mirror when you are in reverse and you retain it when you change the mirrors over.

Something not right I feel the balance of tints / blacked out area around the doors is a bit much IMO.

But some staggered M parrallels on the only wheel for the M sport some 18" on trade me.

If putting larger dia wheels on just check out the loading you are applying to the steering and suspension have heard 19" are as big as you want to go and these can course you problems could be wrong.

Always liked the twin tips but not sure on the sport version maybe a nice 75mm chrome tip is all that is needed.

Shaneg I think a few of the NZ SE model e39's had those alloys on them

On LMs. I'd be going Style 5s if it weren't for the price/rarity.

How much can you get LM reps for? Looking on tirerack.com for actual ones.

PM Ethan (DrphTa) he just imported some LM Reps from Cali. His are 18x9.5 (rear) and 18x8.5 (front). He showed me 19 inch ones he was looking at and I don't remember them being much more than 1,800 USD. Don't quote me on that though....

LMs are awesome on E39s

Regarding headlights, I'm getting new complete units then will likely upgrade the halos in them.

Regarding wheels, not a fan of the spider spokes. Still not sure what I'm going to put on it.

Regarding mirrors, I do have the tilt function. I love it haha, looks like I have a +1 on Dad's car since his doesn't!

Planning on swapping them at some point although it isn't very far up my list as they're quite expensive.

And yeah, the LMs look sweet. I'll have a chat with DrphTa.

Ok after much consideration (and the above post) BBS LMs have shot to the top of the list. Haha - Cheers Shane.

Ok after much consideration (and the above post) BBS LMs have shot to the top of the list. Haha - Cheers Shane.

Mag and turbo have reps, $1800 19x8.5 19x9.5

No probs, white e39's, well white bmws are my favourite..

Heres another for you..

post-4350-1289091557.jpg

I like the clear rears, but here is one with smoked rears.

post-4350-1289091201.jpg

Edited by shaneg