Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

2001 530i Motorsport

Fairly sure I'm going to go for some LMs or LM reps. How much would a cert for spacers + spacers cost, to make an ET35/40 wheel fit?

Cert is $400

Spacers new are around $150ea last time I was looking.

Deals pop up on trademe though.

May be more expensive since the E39 Hub size is larger and will need to convert down to E36 size on the wheel side, so the spacers hubcentric for the cert.

Pretty sure Hyper in Pensrose can get them made though? Try ringing them....

Edited by Blackie

Spacers + Cert = $$$$$$

I have wheels on the water :ph34r: .

Edited by zenetti

Sweet as, Zenetti. I've got 2 jobs atm sorting the third .. Haha busy holidays coming up. - Unfortunately I've got no idea how much new years is going to cost otherwise I'd be coming in to you guys! Oh well, we'll see how things go!

Also went into TMC BMW today, $230.00 for bonnet/boot roundels + 4 wheel centres. Extortion!

It's been awhile. Got a few things to update:

-OEM HEADLIGHTS ARRIVING TOMORROW!

-Black german plates with my actual plate on it arriving soon.

-Exhaust being done tomorrow. Removing backbox, installing free-flow muffler and twin tips to fill OEM Bumper.

Thanks!

The headlights arrived (shipped to Dad's office) He's bringing them home soon.

Exhaust has been done. It had 2 or 3 mufflers so that's why it was so quiet. They put a freeflow one in closest to the tip, fitted a twin tip, and took out the other 1 or 2 mufflers. Sounds great, really happy with the result and in less than an hour and a half. Definitely recommend Woolf Mufflers.

Posted Image

Will try post up some audios later.

Looks reallllly nice ! .. congrats.

Im interested in the exhaust tone ... thinking about doing mine soon for a suttle v8 burble ... Mine came with the ultra quite exhaust

confirmation of headlight replacement???? ... will put my mind at ease haha ... everytime i see those otherones i throw up a little.

EDIT: BTW if you want proper euro plate mounting frames (i noticed you were rocking the velcro) i have some lying around you can have.

Edited by Matt45

Car looks much better now!

Must sound sweet, keen to hear some sounds of it.

BTW noob question, is straight pipe same as freeflow? I seen some straightpipe E39 that sound pretty sweeet as well.

Car looks much better now!

Must sound sweet, keen to hear some sounds of it.

BTW noob question, is straight pipe same as freeflow? I seen some straightpipe E39 that sound pretty sweeet as well.

Will stick up some drive-by vids soon.

Straight pipe I'm fairly sure doesn't have a muffler at all and is straight from the headers(?) to the tip.. The E39 530s have a big U-Bend about halfway back and 2 mufflers. I'll stick up some pics of the underside of the car when the suns out.

Matt, those mounting frames would be much appreciated. I can pick them up from you if you'd like?

I managed to lose my plate parked in Mission Bay but some good c**t stuck it under my windscreen wiper.

Sounds really good Tristan.

Would like to hear it at one of the meets down the line!

What brand is the rear muffler?

Edited by Achtzylinder

Got pics with the new headlights in?

Headlights aren't in yet. Been a bit busy. I'll take a look at the rear muffler brand when I get up.

hey tristan,

I know it's being a bit pedantic but it grates me.

But your M badge. It's alittle high.

post-5771-1291149523.jpg

post-5771-1291149509.jpg

Edited by M5V8

True true, you will need a warm hair dryer for at least a good half an hour to get that off, if they are chinese copies of the 3-d injection moulded badging they have green VHB, very high bonding adhesive which is exactly that.

Best to probably leave it was it factory?

True true, you will need a warm hair dryer for at least a good half an hour to get that off, if they are chinese copies of the 3-d injection moulded badging they have green VHB, very high bonding adhesive which is exactly that.

Best to probably leave it was it factory?

warm hair dryer and some careful prising. If it doesn't come off then just rip it and replace with 3M adhesive tape from repco.

Done.

warm hair dryer and some careful prising. If it doesn't come off then just rip it and replace with 3M adhesive tape from repco.

Done.

I'll do it now for you :) Then I'll post pics of the underside of the car too and brand of muffler if I can see it.

I know I'm just a pedantic prick. :lol:

for what it's worth, with some LM's and your new headlights bro, she'll be really looking the part.

Na you ain't being a prick haha. I knew it was off but couldn't be arsed fixing as I thought it'd be messy but just did it in 2 minutes. Already had 2x side tape in my glovebox and a craft knife which I accidently took from work.

Decided not to buy a new bike frame so that puts me $800 further towards wheels :)

Seems to be unbranded welfare muffler :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If it's still too high (I think it might be?) let me know haha

Edited by Tristan