Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

How many points?

How many demerit points do you have on your driver's license?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

does more points make your chest hairy?

I generally have 1 ticket on my licence at all times.

As I don't concentrate as hard on cops hiding in the bushes when I don't have to worry about losing my licence.

But I also drive more sensibly in my old age.

Guest Spargo

That would be the boy racer in a black tec-1.

I'm clean, i've been clean for 6 months now, but i've been as high as 85.

already lost my licence last year for demerit points then again for drunk driving(stupidst thing iv probly done) all in one year, im now a changed man and am doing my best to stay clean... good luck me

how do u find out?...

opps i just stuffed up, cause i havn't paid a ticket yet so, i havn't lost the points yet. but i think i'll be about 50 after i pay it :(

It's just coming up 2 years since my last fine.

1st fine 35pts ($170) - 124km/h on the motorway, thankfully this was a slightly slower speed than what I had been doing. Reason for stupidity: I had gone away for a weekend with the mrs and her parents called wanting her home asap - I was obliging and got nailed for it. Funnily enough this Mrs was telling me off, she tried racing a Comodoore the next week and it was a plain clothes cop.

2nd fine 20pts ($120) - 71km/h in a 50km/h. I had just got the exhaust put on my Prelude, went round a corner in Mt Eden and put my foot down to hear it. It was 7:30am on a Saturday morning and the officer was sitting outside a resthome of all places. I said I knew I was in the wrong but why on earth was he sitting there - residents had complained they couldn't cross the road to get to the dairy safely.

Both those fines were in my 1986 2.0 Prelude. After that I had a 91 2.2 VTEC and left my speeding to the track at Meremere and I had one hell of a time down there. Now just about back to 0 demerits.

Edited by *RJ*

stupidst thing iv probly done

Only probably ?

Good luck with being a changed man but there is no excuse for drink driving.

I got a ticket the first week I was back in the country. Id spent the previous weeks hooning around Europe in the 740. 120 mph in France trying to get back for the eurotunnel that we were late for :mosh:

Got here a week later and bought a Legacy GT-b wagon. Was trying my best to remember its only 100 kmh and got snapped by a camera doing 111 kmh :(

im clean..for now.

but once i get a crotch rocket(or steal dads Harley)..we'll see how long that lasts B)

best ive ever had was 50 d's in one go...81 in a 50..think it was bout $450..oooohh

one day the valentine will fail me and i'll get a slap again.

i do so wonder what blair is sitting on...esp after seeing his 149kph(?) ticket

lucky you got a nice cop dude.....lucky lucky bugger

non i think, i haven't got a speeding fine yet but got done for rolling stop sign a while ago, does that count towards demerits?

I currently have none (haven't had any for a few years), but I did have to sit on 95 for a fairly long time. But a big chunk of them came in one incident where I got caught exceeding the speed limit by some margin.

Interestingly I have never had a fine in my BMW and have had in for nearly 6 years. All of my fines were in my old Honda Prelude and Honda Civic.

Cheers

All of my fines were in my old Honda Prelude and Honda Civic.

rice boy

112km in 100 zone passing a car towing a boat using a passing lane. not bad only ticket ever been driving for 16yrs... yes I'm an old f***er

cheers Matt

All of my fines were in my old Honda Prelude and Honda Civic.

rice boy

Sakata boy

0 points, never been ticketed...a few close calls though...<_<

112km in 100 zone passing a car towing a boat using a passing lane. not bad only ticket ever been driving for 16yrs... yes I'm an old f***er

cheers Matt

"It's people like you who kill by passing at those incredible speeds" :D

They actually expect that you pass at bang on 100 and assume the vehicle you are passing is going 70.

No demerits yet, new driver though so I expect to have at least some before long.

yeah that sucks so hard, sooo many people do that at passing lanes, and end up only just getting past, after the car they're overtaking slows down for them, then they slow down after the passing lane. :gay:

only pussys get demerits.

i got none. never have had any either.

but as dan has stated once the bikes come out its all over..

come to me my 250 2 stroke production bike... drool.

112km in 100 zone passing a car towing a boat using a passing lane.

They actually expect that you pass at bang on 100 and assume the vehicle you are passing is going 70.

I have always been under the impression (and by that I mean I read it in the road code rather than a mate of a mate who has a sister that married to some pimp who knows someone) that you are allowed to go over 100kph in the act of overtaking as long as you return to 100kph when you have passed.

Obviously the normal rules apply, road is clean, weather is good, have a clear 100m to overtake and all that jazz.

Passing lanes are my biggest peeve about NZ drivers. They drive all day long at 80 then hit 110 when it becomes two lanes :rambo:

I have always been under the impression (and by that I mean I read it in the road code rather than a mate of a mate who has a sister that married to some pimp who knows someone) that you are allowed to go over 100kph in the act of overtaking as long as you return to 100kph when you have passed.

Obviously the normal rules apply, road is clean, weather is good, have a clear 100m to overtake and all that jazz.

Passing lanes are my biggest peeve about NZ drivers. They drive all day long at 80 then hit 110 when it becomes two lanes :rambo:

haha seriously are you high?

get me a copy of that fantasy road code vol 3 please.

the speed limit is just that, the upper most speed you are LEGALLY allowed to travel on the road. not "over the limit while passing is cool"...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously get that road code and send it to me!

cause i like to read BULLSHIT.