Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

How many points?

How many demerit points do you have on your driver's license?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

seriously get that road code and send it to me!

cause i like to read BULLSHIT.

Really, you like to read bullshit???

Do you eat weaties for breakfast too???

I prefer men's magazines <_<

Personally, if you've got demerit points then you're obviously doing something wrong, go the whiteninja styles I say. It's not illegal if you don't get caught :ph34r:

True, carl, but the reason you don't lose your license for just the first few demerits is because the system realises that minor infractions happen. Like the rolling through a stop sign etc. Some of the people with no demerits will be the ones that cause accidents by holding up traffic. They may not have demerits, but they drive like a nanna, and cause other drivers to become frustrated.

nothing wrong with the odd demerit, something wrong with losing your license due to too many demerits.

55 points

35 in my truck and 20 in my car. im not sure if i got any when i got caught 4 ton over weight in my truck. so it might be abit more.

its easy to aviod the demerits, like the other post said just over pay and you will be sweet.

im not sure if i got any when i got caught 4 ton over weight in my truck. so it might be abit more.

that pron motherload you were shipping to gus?

True, carl, but the reason you don't lose your license for just the first few demerits is because the system realises that minor infractions happen. Like the rolling through a stop sign etc. Some of the people with no demerits will be the ones that cause accidents by holding up traffic. They may not have demerits, but they drive like a nanna, and cause other drivers to become frustrated.

nothing wrong with the odd demerit, something wrong with losing your license due to too many demerits.

I ain't no nana driver, if you read between the lines you'd have understood that the reason you're getting points is for doing something wrong, like getting caught.

I'm an advocate from driving at 5kph more than the limit and overtaking at speeds necessary for safe overtaking. People who hold up traffic are arse, but it's the drivers that can't handle a bit of patience that are the true menace. I like the current add on tv with the time bomb, it is the impatient drivers that take risks, just mellow out and bide your time.

But, as Tim says, it ain't illegal if they don't catch you....so don't get caught :ph34r:

0 points :finger:

55 points

35 in my truck and 20 in my car. im not sure if i got any when i got caught 4 ton over weight in my truck. so it might be abit more.

its easy to aviod the demerits, like the other post said just over pay and you will be sweet.

ya don't get demerits for that i'm fairly sure.

No, I caught your implicit mesasge re not getting caught carl, and I do like the timebomb ad - no blood and gore, but shocking nonetheless.

I think that there are three types of drivers with demerits:

1. Bloody idiots who deserve them, and should be off the road NOW.

2. Regular idiots who deserve them, but once they get them will tone it down. These are the impatient ones who take unnecessary risks, but aren't reckless drivers per-se.

3. Inattentive idiots who are usually very safe drivers, but who sometimes get blase and don't pay enough attention and commit minor infringements, and so therefore deserve the demerits to wake them up.

I am one of the third type of idiots - but aware of the fact, and so very careful. Thus currently no demerits. :D

haha seriously are you high?

Sic my friend you need to get laid. Your obviously suffering from having too much pent up emotion, and you just need a release.

Seriously, how the fcuk you became a moderator I will never know.

Sic my friend you need to get laid. Your obviously suffering from having too much pent up emotion, and you just need a release.

bro, you need a chill pill. please take post at face value.

lot of thought has gone into making a sic a moderator(surpising), so dont start thinking this decision was made OTP or that sic has sore knees.

sic, yeah i wish the motherload of JC is was carting.

back on topic.

JC has a motherlode?

awesome

Can someone with a recent Road Code please verify the overtaking thing, preferably without insulting Sic or Martyn's delicate sensibilities? I think there'd be a bunch of people here interested if it were true.

So far as points go I'm pretty sure I'm sitting somewhere in the 1-25 mark, 115km on the motorway going down a slight hill on a beautiful sunny clear day with virtually no traffic.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of clean licenses here... by the way some folk talk on here about their driving.

Oh and Martyn you misspelled f**k. :lol:

im pretty sure they all lying bastards

the road code wont say anything officially....however IMO it all depends on the leniancy of a cop.....will possibly look more kindly upon 115k downhill in secluded area overtaking than 115k going up hill on SH1 on holiday season

cops are only people too....which helps explain why so many are cool, and some are arseholes

haha lax out mate.

my post was sarcastic, to the fact that i was disbelieving that a Road Code would at any point state that it was ok to go over 100km on the open road, seriously can you imagine the loop holes?

not gonna happen, so i sarcastically asked you to supply said road code which had this info, so i could laugh at either a) its non existance, b ) that it was actually produced by the nz govt, or c) your handmade road code.

have fun on the board and remember I TAKE THE PISS HERE LOTS, no offence intended.

pm me if you have any probs

oh an i have a badass misses, of coming up 8 years none the less...

:pimp:

oh an i have a badass misses, of coming up 8 years none the less...

:pimp:

I thought you ditched you bitch for the weight gains??? I did :lol:

My road code which is now getting on 15 years old said alot of things that were meant to be guidelines but have now become laws in recent years with particular attention to the roundabout and drafting guides which can into law just recently.

I like the German system, you can argue out of infringements if there are valid reasons but hate the american system where it's the lawyers who reap the benefits and the cops beat you up if you're black. A demerit point for each beating?

i do so wonder what blair is sitting on...esp after seeing his 149kph(?) ticket

lucky you got a nice cop dude.....lucky lucky bugger

Well, my brother with another mother, wonder no more, for I am currently sitting on 90 points...

I got slammed hard by the local 5-0 in Puta-ruru at 5am doing a horrendous speed. I kissed a lot of arse and finally got a ticket for 149km/h... :bowdown: I consider myself extremely lucky, and it has really toned my driving down. However, the only reason I was doing 185km/h in the first place was because I was blazing down the passing lane trying to get ahead of 3 trucks. The cops were at the end of it and I just drove right on into their trap... Damn, oh well, you live and you learn eh - my lesson was to start travelling late at night and drive mellow - everytime I start to find my speed creeping up, I stop for a while - go spotting up random side roads and rest areas etc...

My only other speeding ticket, (2 years ago in May) was funnily enough in the slowest car I have ever owned or driven! A single cam non turbo diesel wagon and I got done for 132! I honestly did deserve that too - There was no other reason for doing that sort of speed...

I honestly try to keep to the speed limit, its just sometimes, as stated earlier in this thread, indiscretions happen, and people get caught. At least they didnt catch me hooking doughies or doing a mean drift or somthing... (Not that I do that!!!) :rolleyes:

Surprisingly i have zero, only ever been pulled up once for running an orange light, then wrote into them and got off the fine.

Damn, oh well, you live and you learn eh

damn blair you crazy ass mofo. you wont for much longer busting that pace on the roads

damn blair you crazy ass mofo. you wont for much longer busting that pace on the roads

Yeah I know - I am trying to keep the speed to the limit, but its hard sometimes.... Everybody has exceeded the speed limit sometime - IMO it would be impossible not to have, in some circumstance or other...

Tui Billboard:

"I need to travel at 185kph to overtake trucks"

Yeah Right.

Just read an article about the Easter Road toll... where a young driver killed himself & 2 others when he went off the road:

"The driver, Sebastian Sigamoney, 19, was a self-declared boy racer who had driven at speeds up to 200km/h and had told his parents he expected to die in a car crash. His parents said he had incurred speeding fines worth thousands of dollars."

Edited by shadowninja

Tui Billboard:

"I need to travel at 185kph to overtake trucks"

Yeah Right.

Just read an article about the Easter Road toll... where a young driver killed himself & 2 others when he went off the road:

"The driver, Sebastian Sigamoney, 19, was a self-declared boy racer who had driven at speeds up to 200km/h and had told his parents he expected to die in a car crash. His parents said he had incurred speeding fines worth thousands of dollars."

Yeah - thats a good excuse - yeah right! Seriously, I had been travelling at the speed limit, because until Atamuri (that place halfway between Taupo and Toke) the roads had been wet as - so when I was on the passinglane and saw I could take all the trucks, I gassed it. Wrong move... It honestly was the first time I got above 110 that trip (actually the only time - when they let me go I sat on like 95 the rest of the way!)

Far out - that kid should have been stopped before he could do that - if he had even told his parents that he would die in a crash caused by his speed, then surely the parents and the police could have found some way to forbid him from driving....

Far out - that kid should have been stopped before he could do that - if he had even told his parents that he would die in a crash caused by his speed, then surely the parents and the police could have found some way to forbid him from driving....

nope, what can you do?

really its all just natural selection the roads these days. retards mostly die on the roads, and i have no sympathy for them, but the fact they take out others on the road is not cool.

gah this sh*t makes me pissed.

Nothing at the moment last ticket camera between Sanson and Bulls 64 kph 5 mins earlier had the M6 redlined in 4th on straights 230 kph on the clock when the limitter cut in, cant complain about the camera ticket realy.