Sign in to follow this  
jager

I need a new Radiator, E36

Hey guys,

I have a mighty 316i and just over 2 years ago the radiator split right down the side tank. We had it replaced at the cost of $1000 and all was well in the world. I had it on the hoist last week for a pre wof check and noticed coolant on the guard underneath. I had seen this before but thought I'd check back at a later date.

Then this morning I went outside and noticed a little damp spot on the drive way right under where I had discovered the coolant leak. So looks like I'm in for another new Radiator.

So what are my options? I want an after market one due to the issue with BMW ones. I know my car is only a 316i and I don't work it very hard but is there a alloy version or something to that degree? It's getting higher up in the Km's but we have owned it for 8 years and I can't see selling it in the near future. I was how ever considering a turbo swap, so would like some future proofing.

Cheers

Andrew

sometimes you can reclamp the tags with some pliers or use a screwdriver and hammer . they dont seam to use much clamping pressure when they make these radiators , i got a new one for amy e28 m5 engine and had to go back 3 times for replacements under warranty , the next time it started to leak i just reclamped it and no problems since then

I got a new, assembled rad from Abel Smith Radiators in Wellington for about $380. It works.

So no plastic end tanks? Would you be able to get me the dimensions of the core

So no plastic end tanks? Would you be able to get me the dimensions of the core

It has plastic end tanks. Identical to the original, made up by assembling pattern end tanks to a pattern core.