Sign in to follow this  
mark247

m50 powered e30 for sale

Hey guys.

The time has come to let this project of mine go.

It's a 1988 325i powered by a M50B25 non-vanos with a Getrag 240 behind it.

This car isn't mint but it has got me from Hamilton to Wellington many many times in the past 12 months with the m50 in it.

I have managed to get wof's for it in past but it does need a cert. The car has done about 156,000 miles and the engine has done around 140,000km.

For a cert it would probably need a few bits and pieces, but possibly the only thing it would need is the ABS pump removing which isn't a big job. The reason it needs removing is because when I got the car the ABS was not working, then I swapped the struts out and the replacement struts were not ABS ones. The brakes work fine with the ABS pump still in there but it would need removing for a cert and replacing with non-abs brake lines. Not difficult.

Car is lowered on shortened monroe shocks and some red springs of some kind.

The front guards could do with rolling, full lock going up curbs can make 'em rub.

Car has a decent stereo and speakers.

The heater isn't hooked up but isn't a big job, just need to remove the inlet manifold and do some minor plumbing.

It has a recaro seat out of an Evo or something, probably needs certing as well. Will come with a standard drivers seat as well.

I would do this work to get the car certed myself but my plan is to go overseas again very soon so I dont have to time.

I will put the price at $4000 but I have no idea what it is really worth.

Can be viewed in Wellington but next week I'm going up to Hamilton for a few days so can be viewed there then. If I cant sell it before I go overseas ( sometime around the 20th September, not even 2 weeks away ) I'll throw it in the shed and take it off the market, so be quick.

Heaps of possible things you could do with this, either get it certed how it is, or throw all the drive train in your e30 and make it m50 and part out the rest.

Stickers and pin stripe are removable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mark247

Rust? Particularly in battery tray or firewall?

Is it Diamond schwartz?

Edited by KSMYRS

Rust?

Some in the sunroof, some in the rear valence ( i think that is what it is called ). The worst is the rear which I was quoted $500 to be repaired and painted in one of the more expensive paint shops in Hamilton. I tried to fix the rear but I'm no pro and if you are perfectionist you'll what to get it sanded back and done again. I've been told getting a whole rear valence cut out and welded in to this car would possibly be even cheaper? But I dont know. Nothing structural I have seen. When the engine was out I saw none in the engine bay. The actual sunroof panel itself has none.

Rust? Particularly in battery tray or firewall?

Is it Diamond schwartz?

Read above. Yes diamond schwartz. Boot and roof could do with repaint. Roof due to it fading slightly, and boot because I took the top off the tech 2 spoiler and it has left some lines in the paint from where the top part of the spoiler touched.

Edited by mark247

Could you send any build pics etc you may have to e30chris@gmail.com

were are you going now

I've had a few pm's of interest etc. As I said $4000, firm.

It's going to go on trademe in the next few days, so if you are interested let me know soon and save me $39! ;)

Edited by mark247

So that means you want $4000000 for it?, thats a bit steep

Ok i put it down to $4000. I thought 4 mill was quite a good deal.

I am now without a car! I never realized how f***ing loud it is until he drove off in it on his way to Christchurch!

Edited by mark247

I am now without a car! I never realized how f***ing loud it is until he drove off in it on his way to Christchurch!

Oh yessss!!! Another awesome E30 in Christchurch!!! :)

Oh yessss!!! Another awesome E30 in Christchurch!!! :)

Awsome it must be about time for another meet... who bought it? :)

I will let the WOF inspector decide how loud it is :P.

Finally made it home after being delayed 2.5hours waiting for the ferry and land in Picton around 7.15. It drove sweet the whole but would have had a lot more fun up the hills if it had an LSD :D

Finally made it home after being delayed 2.5hours waiting for the ferry and land in Picton around 7.15. It drove sweet the whole but would have had a lot more fun up the hills if it had an LSD :D

Yep needs an LSD like hell.

I was sad to see it go, it was back firing and popping down the hill as you left, sounded sick. First time I've ever seen it move without me driving! I now know why the neighbours always look at me in disgust when I fly up there now, must sound like a earthquake haha.

Score! Shot Gaz... Chch is haording modded E30's B)