Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Fusion CA-IP500

Got sick of not being able to listen to "MY" music and got sick of CD's flyin around the car..

SOLUTION.... go to Ripco and get one on special... $199.oo ATM

http://www.fusionelectronics.com/new-zeala...t-category.aspx

Fitted it this morning and I'm absolutely rapt :D

Edited by *Glenn*

Is it just me or does that website not work?

Looks like a pretty sweet unit but I'm not liking the fact that it takes forever to scroll through the artists/songs etc.

Edited by Gaz

Is it just me or does that website not work?

Looks like a pretty sweet unit but I'm not liking the fact that it takes forever to scroll through the artists/songs etc.

The website's working

Scrolling & selecting is great... and it's instant

The online review I watched said it was horrible if you have a lot of artist etc.

Guess I will have to have a play with one and pass judgement myself.

Now I have a small problem... all my computers are new and I didn't save my iTunes. I've read the manual.. but I'm not sure what to do... can I reinstall from my Ipod music to iTunes? or do I just follow these instructions ?

If you connect iPod classic to a different computer and it’s set to sync music

automatically, iTunes prompts you before syncing any music. If you click Yes, the songs

and other audio files already on iPod classic will be erased and replaced with songs and

other audio files on the computer iPod classic is connected to. For more information

about adding music to iPod classic and using iPod classic with more than one

computer, see Chapter 2, “Music Features,” on page 17.

Now I have a small problem... all my computers are new and I didn't save my iTunes. I've read the manual.. but I'm not sure what to do... can I reinstall from my Ipod music to iTunes? or do I just follow these instructions ?

If you connect iPod classic to a different computer and it’s set to sync music

automatically, iTunes prompts you before syncing any music. If you click Yes, the songs

and other audio files already on iPod classic will be erased and replaced with songs and

other audio files on the computer iPod classic is connected to. For more information

about adding music to iPod classic and using iPod classic with more than one

computer, see Chapter 2, “Music Features,†on page 17.

That will do the exact opposite of what you want... You need to use Sharepod or something else to get the music off the iPod and then import into iTunes again - there are a couple of programs out there to do this although I have never done it myself. If you just connect the iPod to iTunes as is, it will erase everything on the iPod.

if its a classic you can take the music off. if its an iTouch or iPhone stop reading now.

plug ipod in, go to control panel and click folder options. then go view and then click show hidden files. then open up the ipod and click ipod control, and then music. then select all those folders (should be F01- whatever) and copy and past to C:/ Then copy and paste to iTunes AFTER they have copied to C.

Edit: may not work on the latest classic, but does on every generation before that anyway

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

All sorted.. thanx guys

I downloaded itunes on my laptop, got my external hardrive out which backed up my old laptop and what do you know.... I had actually backed up my itunes playlist which is exactly the same as whats on my ipod. Opened itunes and it automatically found and installed it from the external hard drive... problem solved

All sorted.. thanx guys

I downloaded itunes on my laptop, got my external hardrive out which backed up my old laptop and what do you know.... I had actually backed up my itunes playlist which is exactly the same as whats on my ipod. Opened itunes and it automatically found and installed it from the external hard drive... problem solved

did you copy the files to C? if not they wont be able to play on the laptop nor sync with the ipod when the external is not attached, just a heads up sorry if youve done this :)

I removed the external, rebooted and all the songs play on the laptop... I also disabled auto sync just in case

My iPod is a Classic 80gig

Edited by *Glenn*

Great stereos huh Glenn, don't know whether you saw mine in the M3 last weekend but i have the same unit, stereo never gets put to tuner now, have far too much music to listen to.

Great stereos huh Glenn, don't know whether you saw mine in the M3 last weekend but i have the same unit, stereo never gets put to tuner now, have far too much music to listen to.

No I didn't see yours Greg. Driving down to Taupo and home again made me look for a solution. Wifey kept playing with the radio to find channels we could listen to, she also forgot to bring some CD's. I don't like cables all over the place so it was a toss up between the Fusion unit or a Sony DSX-S100. They had the Fusion on special at Repco for $199 everywhere else was selling them for $300-$500 even though the Fusion website had a RRP of $299. I'm very pleased with it so far

You got a good deal there, bought mine when they first came out for a "new item" price.