Sign in to follow this  
CaM

Undercover Cop car

Ok, so there must have been a huge accident or something out toward Feilding or something like that this morning..... Heaps of ambulances/copcars/fire engines etc etc went caning past work......

Our receptionist spotted an undercover cop car, lights and siren blaring, with a TAXI sign on the roof!!!! seems they have a few interesting ones around now.

uuuhhh..... she said it had all the hidden lights flashin and a siren and 'twas caning.... will get a pic if i see it round town or something :lol:

for real???

must be a rent-a-cop or something. i didnt know the police budget was that tight.

thinking about a unforunate incident involving a model last year in aux

yeah man, receptionist and the other guy that i work with in the parts saw it caning up railway road, there was a higgins truck crashed out at those dumb bunnythorpe bridges.

they probably just got a taxi sign thats mounted on a roofrack or something to borrow off a taxi firm for a while, i duno

surely I'll see it sometime this weekend.... maybe go hassle them for a ride or something lol...

Edited by CaM

down here in welly the fuzz cruze round in

dis ol skool toyota corona, just got the d-low light behind da grill.

I got pulled over ona office chair by it. (another great drunken moment) :lol:

I heard Australia have highway patrol towing a motor home on the back dashing around the motorway to catch speeders.

Just wondering, if the law say you can't go over 80kmh (is it 90 under the new law?) while towing something, isn't the cops violating the law themselves?

Maybe we should call the cops on the cops.....

Luvin the stories gents, Tommy, pics of the chair incident?

There's a few boy racer cars about in welly that are undercover cops...that's like entrapment, although we don't really have that as a legal defense here...my understanding is there's also a kitted out honda civic cop car aswell that does lower north island.

There's a few boy racer cars about in welly that are undercover cops...that's like entrapment, although we don't really have that as a legal defense here...my understanding is there's also a kitted out honda civic cop car aswell that does lower north island.

There's a few WRX Cop cars down in South Island I think. Saw them in WRC NZ 2003 specially brought up as pace cars. Man, they suck at drifting.

Sounds blatantly dishonest if true.

What next, tradesmens vans, maybe a big rig truck?

:thumb:

Speed cameras are already in tradesman vans ... old ones too

Sounds blatantly dishonest if true.

What next, tradesmens vans, maybe a big rig truck?

:thumb:

just dont let tim drive it :o

hah, "18 wheels of justice" -> unlimited gears, better performance than anything on the road... just like an american movie..... just watch out for kurt russell in his sh*t pick up truck

had a black FORD F250 7.3LTR V8 turn up at work with all the bells & whistles.

I know they cost a fortune so the budget cant be to tight,could get 3 toyota hilux for that.

///Carl Posted on Mar 24 2005, 08:58 AM

nah gutted eh, it was on my 18th last year, down a hill call wellington road in kilbirne.

flashed his lights at me wen I was rolling though the interstection at the bottom rolling though the red.

he cuda given me the mad fine haha, no wof no reg, no seatbelt,wrong side of the road, :mosh: he just laughed and made lame jokes ;)

Edited by Tommy

Saw an old corrola (like '84) in Otara pulling over a truck. Looked barely warantable - rust, bald tyres etc.

I would like the cops to put out a report how much it has spent on these "undercover cars" and how effective they have been. I am not too happy about this use of taxpayer funds.

Just saw a dark green HiLux for unmark speed camera car.

(Typical Tradesman Van with a hard-top canope on the back)

Parked on College Road, Remuera for most of the afternoon

was driving to the tr0n yesterday and saw a one of those typical american SUV's with lights going nuts on it storming towards auckland. GMC branded usually but sometimes ford I think.

About a month and a bit ago was out with some mates, in the akld domain, i pulled up first in a carpark with my lights shining out over the grass, then my mate pulled up and parked on the grass, debating whether to venture. Low and behold a Nissan Sunny down the road turned on its lights, drove up beside us, stopped and stared for a min or so, then as it drove off it fired up it's lights and sirens and all that... we were just wtf.

There's a few WRX Cop cars down in South Island I think. Saw them in WRC NZ 2003 specially brought up as pace cars. Man, they suck at drifting.
Yea ive seen those WRX cop cars last weekend at the WRC as pace cars and they were also patrolling the main road because from stage to stage the public tends 2 get a lil excited and think they are in the rally aswell.........ok maybe its just me :mosh: but im sure there are others.... that cop Taxi sure sounds a bit cheeky 2 me but hey arnt taxi's been called 2 help the cops?

Guys, I'm fully not bsing here but over a month ago me and my brother we're driving northbound on the motorway past takanini and whats that we see over the other side of the road. A red E46 parked on the side of the motorway with a police officer sitting inside, now it seemed unlikely a cop would be sitting in one of those but he was wearing a blue shirt with those things on the top.

My brother will back me up on this one, he was the one driving.

i can 100% say that palmy and fielding have no under cover cars designated for traffic use with a taxi light on it. infact nothing but stock holdens and a maxima. :banghead:

if only i could get them to give me a bimmer.