Hey Guys im after:

LOW! Lowering springs, pair or set. eg.H&R/Bilstein or Superlow Kings

A good set of Shocks: eg. Bilstein HD or Koni

Aftermarket Rear Swaybar: 18+mm

Also a Adjustbale Camber Plate.

Ideally After a H&R Cupkit or similar

Cheers Andrew

Failed the cert? Giving up?

Ishh..Its a pain in the ass to cert coil overs on e30's, Welds have to be crack tested and TIG welded..Ive got 2 sets of coil overs now.. Just seeing whats out there really.

Question: Does Vmaxx Coilovers for e30's need a perch welded on for the adjustable platform? or can it sit in the normal spring perch.

Threaded the same as the insert securing nut thing so you screw it onto the top of the strut.

No Welding needed B)

Edited by Blackie

What coilovers have you played with APT? Im in the market for some soon, hard work sorting out whats good whats bad and whats required for a cert.

Sorry to hear about your pain dude (but secretly glad I sold my coilovers). I've got some front 6cyl voigtlands available if you want to get the ball rolling. This low:

Posted Image

What coilovers have you played with APT? Im in the market for some soon, hard work sorting out whats good whats bad and whats required for a cert.

Tried BC GOLD's need to be crack tested and TIG welded by certified welder.

Have got another front set here made by autolign which is what im using on my next recheck hopefully it passes.

Had a talk with the certifier and if the load points have been altered with any coilovers then they have to be crack tested and TIG welded.

Also after a set of front struts & top hats, 45mm or 51mm.

I have some standard (I think) rear bilsteins if you're interested. Not sure how much they're worth though?

If you want v-maxx i will cut you a deal :)

Tried BC GOLD's need to be crack tested and TIG welded by certified welder.

Have got another front set here made by autolign which is what im using on my next recheck hopefully it passes.

Had a talk with the certifier and if the load points have been altered with any coilovers then they have to be crack tested and TIG welded.

Thanks man, do you have a link to any LVVTA doc that applies? Ive hunted but maybe I missed it, found one that is pretty basic and only mentions coilovers once...

I assume by load point they refer to the spring perch?

I wonder what certification is needed with the crack testing, I have access to free NDT ;)

Edited by Jacko

Yeah mate, i believe it is the spring perch. The other set i have also has The spring Perch cut away and the threaded plate welded to the strut body- not the casting, so im insure if it needs crack testing.

This is the only link i have that relates to certs: http://www.lvvta.org.nz/CertThresholdScheduleApril04V3.pdf

Keen to help out with NDT if i fail this time around ? :P

Anybody have any 2nd Hand Lowering Springs ?