Sign in to follow this  
styles81

newbie to both eurocars and to bmws- took a new route after 6 high rev

Hi all- i've just brought my first bmw and euro car after about a year of searching. A 1995 e36 m sport 325i coupe with 105km.

I've had it for about 3 weeks and got it lowered last week and some tints put on this morning- next on the list is clear facelift tail lights and indicators etc.

I'm curious about performance options for this model though i.e air fliters and exhausts and cost options?

My other query is that the drivers side door window motor seems to be playing up (will stop half way up and then go start going back down and also sometimes will open and shut a small amount vividly while driving and when shutting the door while the window tries to find how far up or down it should be). What causes this and how can it be fixed? also costs?

Thanks, ben

post-6391-1288246575.jpg

Welcome

If your based near hamilton i'll trade you some clear front indicators for yours and beers

If it isn't manual this should be your first performance upgrade-with suitable singlemass flywheel,clutch, etc. Closely followed by an LSD and a suitable diff ratio for what you use the car for. Exhaust headers will give you a little bit (either get second hand ones from an m3 or member wayney might have some). An air filter might gain you some power but more then likely just give you noise.

I believe others have had the window issue before. I'll post back if I find where

What springs are in it?

Your missing a jack point cover thing but looks nice anyways.

Edited by bbs

love the wheels, looks about 15-20mm to low for me.

Hi all- i've just brought my first bmw and euro car after about a year of searching. A 1995 e36 m sport 325i coupe with 105km.

I've had it for about 3 weeks and got it lowered last week and some tints put on this morning- next on the list is clear facelift tail lights and indicators etc.

I'm curious about performance options for this model though i.e air fliters and exhausts and cost options?

My other query is that the drivers side door window motor seems to be playing up (will stop half way up and then go start going back down and also sometimes will open and shut a small amount vividly while driving and when shutting the door while the window tries to find how far up or down it should be). What causes this and how can it be fixed? also costs?

Thanks, ben

Welcome, Window problem is a common issue, swap out the regulator for another one, Brent or Ray would be your best bet for one.

Welcome, Window problem is a common issue, swap out the regulator for another one, Brent or Ray would be your best bet for one.

Hey there, now the window wont even close up the little gap when i close it so it is definately needing to be fixed! How do i contact Brent or Ray and what would it cost?

I'm annoyed that BMW motorsport services Ltd who i paid $202 for a pre-purchase inspection didn't pick up on it!

Theres a sensor in the door striker on the B? pillar-sounds like its that not the regulator-super easy cheap fix.

This sensor controls that short movement of the window that allows the door to close

Ray at Hellbm-forum sponsor,Brent likewise-look on main page for details

PS nice car & Welcome

Edited by 1rotty

love the wheels, looks about 15-20mm to low for me.

Haha yeah i was suprised at how low it ended up when i only asked for stage one lowering springs (30-35mm).

I'm thinking of maybe getting some different motorsport mags if either of you to are interested in my current wheels?

Cheers

Purely out of curiosity what is the ET of E36 wheels?

Around 40ish for factory wheels