Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

What's the point of lowering.

Maybe its because i am old but i just don't really understand why people want to lower their car's. IMO when the body is dragging on the ground and you can't go over the smallest of humps without scraping something or worse ripping something off.

What's the attraction ??. Sorry maybe i am not getting the point.

Please enlighten me.

Looks better? If done right, handles better - lower center of gravity?

But then again whats the point of anything :P

depends on the car, e30's have to be lowered, modern cars not so much. everything within moderation...

Went for a walk last night, noticed the 'average' new cars passing, and was pondering, what is gonna happen in 5 - 10 years time when the only used cars available to the 'hooded fraternity' are cross-over vehicles - seems to be the only thing selling new at the moment! - how will they look lowered to the weeds :blink: :blink:

meh, will just mean a new market for lift kits i guess lol

some cars look really nice with a subtle drop. esp. BMW's the front always sits higher than the back..always look wrong to me..even before the big stance deal craze..

Maybe its because i am old but i just don't really understand why people want to lower their car's. IMO when the body is dragging on the ground and you can't go over the smallest of humps without scraping something or worse ripping something off.

What's the attraction ??. Sorry maybe i am not getting the point.

Please enlighten me.

Is this a serious thread?

IBTL

So many pros and cons for road/race, probably a topic that will get offtrack quick I would imagine.

Nothing like a driveway scrape every morning <_<

Edited by Josh_

Is this a serious thread?

More a light hearted thread as each to their own.

IBTL

So many pros and cons for road/race, probably a topic that will get offtrack quick I would imagine.

Nothing like a driveway scrape every morning <_<

True but there are pro's/con's for anything just interested to hear people opinions

Whats the point of a driveway scrape though, Unless your driveway is particularly bad i just don't see the point or practicality of having your car low enough that it would do this, Does it not stiffen your ride up so much you feel every little bump in the road ??.

Edited by M-Spec

meh, will just mean a new market for lift kits i guess lol

some cars look really nice with a subtle drop. esp. BMW's the front always sits higher than the back..always look wrong to me..even before the big stance deal craze..

Yup good to be in the suspension market at present lol.

I do agree that some that have a subtle drop done front end makes for a better look. I guess i am more angling at when the whole lots dropped down that i think it just looks stupid.

My car scrapes on driveways and it's not considered "low" low.

I lowered mine for looks and also performance. Yes the ride is somewhat harsher, but I don't mind as it's not a daily driver.

At the end of the day everyone has their own style preference and so long as your car is legally modified there's no harm in lowering it to your preferred height.

Simple; the lower it is, the better it looks. It's nothing new. Hence the popularity of "lowriders" etc. If you think it's just misguided youth wanting their cars to be touching the ground, you're wrong. Check out any hotrod club or whatever.

IMO the car doesn't appeal whatsoever unless it has been lowered heavily

More a light hearted thread as each to their own.

True but there are pro's/con's for anything just interested to hear people opinions

Whats the point of a driveway scrape though, Unless your driveway is particularly bad i just don't see the point or practicality of having your car low enough that it would do this, Does it not stiffen your ride up so much you feel every little bump in the road ??.

I was taking the piss, although my front bumper just touches the driveway, depends on the angle.

Its all good. Its just interesting to her other people's view on it, As i said each to their own if its something you want then that's great.

I was just saying for me I think the ones sitting on the ground be it BMW or not just seems silly but then that's just my opinion :lol:

My e30 vert is standard suspension, the e30 touring is lowered.

Touring - when i feel like driving a car with a more tight feel and better road response.

Vert - when I feel like a more relaxed drive with more comfort and give in the suspension.

Just depends on how you like your daily drive I guess.

When I hit the laps I take the springs out and roll round on the b-stops all night. Gets some mad respect and lots of people want to see a skid, they yell 'SKIIIID, SKIIIIIID, DO A SKIIIID' etc

Guest Simon*

When I hit the laps I take the springs out and roll round on the b-stops all night. Gets some mad respect and lots of people want to see a skid, they yell 'SKIIIID, SKIIIIIID, DO A SKIIIID' etc

Don't forget that it gives all the bitches a wide-on :D

It's only cause the labia you see on the 'aves' here while 'kruzing' is foul, and imagining that pulsating and growing is something they should put in the next Saw movie. Saw 7 'This summer, the christchurch labia are making you choose, life or death'

I had to google that term, that is foul hahahaha

+1

"F*** me that guy is so sexy i got a wide-on like a wind tunnel"

Sounds like a parachute struggling to open

OR a raw steak thrown on a tiled floor....again and again.

Guest Simon*

I was just sick a little in my mouth - thanks Henry

Still, better the nasty Ave camel toe to the K'rd "Elephant's nose" version

Do the youngun's seriously think that cutties get them laid? The chicks only dig the attention, but they're too smart to tell the boys their ride is an ugly POS to their face :D

When it comes to lowness, I like it to a degree but there is a point where it gets silly. Varies from model to model, and at the end of the day I prefer the function over form I guess. "Cool stance" doesn't win you any respect at the track ;)

OR like pulling your feet out off the sand near the waters edge over and over