Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

E30 M50 leftovers

Would you consider shipping? I note the buyer must pick up, kinda leaves me unable to bid

Could do, but you would need to pay shipping costs. Ill ship for bimmersport members, hows that.

Dont really wanna go to the trouble of sending something for a $1 though :lol:

Could do, but you would need to pay shipping costs. Ill ship for bimmersport members, hows that.

Dont really wanna go to the trouble of sending something for a $1 though :lol:

Of course, wouldn't expect not to pay shipping / postage

Also wouldn't expect you to bother if it was won for $1

Swaybars and Shock/Springs sold B)

M20B23 sold for $50

Diff for $1

Hopefully some of you guys got a good deal :ph34r:

Still available -

* Metal airbox, could use a paint

* 323 Halfshafts (pair)

* 4 Spoke E30 steering wheel, good nick

* E30 expansion tank, very tidy

* M50/52 thermostat housing gasket - New (obviously)

* New O rings etc for M50/52 oil filter (Big one, little one, and washer)

* E34 M50B25 engine mount arms - Free.

* Gasket for the casting around the camgears on a M50 (NV) 11-36-1-740-840

* Pair of E24/28 engine mounts, 2nd hand but good nick. (E30-M50 swap ones)

* New genuine crankshaft bolt and spacer 11211720633 & 11231288660 for virtually all M5x engines from E36's too E85's

Offers on the lot, needs to go B)

Edited by Jacko

So the springs and shocks are gone?

Yup gone burgers.

Diff/halfshafts are gone burgers.

Havent heard a peep from the the dude on trademe who won my engine for $56. He seems to have lots of feedback about placing bids and not making contact :mellow: So if anyone wants an M20B23 for $50, yell out and if I havent heard from him by wednesday its yours. Ive lopped some plugs off the loom, and it has no flywheel but is otherwise complete. For $60 Ill include the metal airbox :P

Edited by Jacko

Yup gone burgers.

Diff/halfshafts are gone burgers.

Havent heard a peep from the the dude on trademe who won my engine for $56. He seems to have lots of feedback about placing bids and not making contact :mellow: So if anyone wants an M20B23 for $50, yell out and if I havent heard from him by wednesday its yours. Ive lopped some plugs off the loom, and it has no flywheel but is otherwise complete. For $60 Ill include the metal airbox :P

There was someone in a thread a few days ago, I think new member who mentioned he wanted to put a m20b23 in his car eventually as his, what I want to do to my car in the future

Can't seem to find it but be worth hitting him up.

I would be keen on the engine, just have to find something to put it in lol.

There was someone in a thread a few days ago, I think new member who mentioned he wanted to put a m20b23 in his car eventually as his, what I want to do to my car in the future

Can't seem to find it but be worth hitting him up.

Pretty sure it was me, could be keen, would have to find out if i could store it/pick it up. How much more would it cost me before getting it running in my car?

Also, i'll take the gear knob

Edited by whitey

Pretty sure it was me, could be keen, would have to find out if i could store it/pick it up. How much more would it cost me before getting it running in my car?

Depends what you want too do, and what your car already has. Could spend thousands, or a under a hundy if all you want to do is find a starter and flywheel and your gearbox bolts up.

Ideally you'd want to do the cambelt, waterpump, thermostat, rocker gaskets etc, and the intake elbow is rooted (had been repaired with epoxy sealant, but needs replacing). You could add a set off plugs, new ignition leads, new dizzy and rotor etc etc etc. It has done 145,000miles, and is 26 years old!, but in saying that it was still running fine and dandy, but will need some love in the future :D I have literally only changed the oil (every 5k miles) in 3 years.

Play with some wiring (it'd be pretty simple Ive just lopped the C101 (rectangle at the fusebox) and C103 (under dash next to DME) , but theyre only useful on early E30's anyway (pre 85)

Ive re-emailed (3rd one) this guy on tardme, if no reply on wednesday we can talk. If all you need is storage for a couple of weeks (ie less than a month) its OK where it is.

Edit - Gearstick got biffed sorry, had to draw the line with the massive pile of old/new bits.

Edited by Jacko

Depends what you want too do, and what your car already has. Could spend thousands, or a under a hundy if all you want to do is find a starter and flywheel and your gearbox bolts up.

Ideally you'd want to do the cambelt, waterpump, thermostat, rocker gaskets etc, and the intake elbow is rooted (had been repaired with epoxy sealant, but needs replacing). You could add a set off plugs, new ignition leads, new dizzy and rotor etc etc etc. It has done 145,000miles, and is 26 years old!, but in saying that it was still running fine and dandy, but will need some love in the future :D I have literally only changed the oil (every 5k miles) in 3 years.

Play with some wiring (it'd be pretty simple Ive just lopped the C101 (rectangle at the fusebox) and C103 (under dash next to DME) , but theyre only useful on early E30's anyway (pre 85)

Ive re-emailed (3rd one) this guy on tardme, if no reply on wednesday we can talk. If all you need is storage for a couple of weeks (ie less than a month) its OK where it is.

Edit - Gearstick got biffed sorry, had to draw the line with the massive pile of old/new bits.

Hmmm alright, i'd have to seriously have to think about it, I wasn't expecting an engine to come up so soon so bit underprepared, put me down as a probably not, if someone else comes up your better off going with them, spoke to dad and he's not keen as he can't hear it running now and its so cheap haha

Hmmm alright, i'd have to seriously have to think about it, I wasn't expecting an engine to come up so soon so bit underprepared, put me down as a probably not, if someone else comes up your better off going with them, spoke to dad and he's not keen as he can't hear it running now and its so cheap haha

Hahah, You couldve heard and driven it 2 weeks ago :P

Its only cheap as I cant be assed hording, have no room for it, and there are literally M20's for africa available at the moment (for probably too much money as I dont see them selling very fast!) and I need to get rid of this one ;)

The way it works for me is, if I sell it now I get beers, If it stays in mates workshop it costs me beers (and verbal abuse) <_<

Hahah, You couldve heard and driven it 2 weeks ago :P

Its only cheap as I cant be assed hording, have no room for it, and there are literally M20's for africa available at the moment (for probably too much money as I dont see them selling very fast!) and I need to get rid of this one ;)

The way it works for me is, if I sell it now I get beers, If it stays in mates workshop it costs me beers (and verbal abuse) <_<

Alright, i'll have to have a talk to dad about it, i rang him, he wasn't keen but it was a bit random. I'll talk to the bro, he might be keen to store it and work on it for me haha

How easy would it be to put in and replace a m20b20? Also the would a m20b20 loom work for this or would the plugs youve taken off need replacing for it to work? Does it go and work algud? Coz my engine is about that age and has those kms so upgrading to a 2.3 would be sweet. Looking for a bit of a power upgrade.

Edited by NP E30

How easy would it be to put in and replace a m20b20? Also the would a m20b20 loom work for this or would the plugs youve taken off need replacing for it to work? Does it go and work algud? Coz my engine is about that age and has those kms so upgrading to a 2.3 would be sweet. Looking for a bit of a power upgrade.

Same deal as above, you can probably swap your B20 loom onto the B23, havent looked into it though. Just assuming ;)

Id compare p/n's on realoem and work out whats interchangeable between the two engines, likely a lot. Car is a 12/85 manual UK spec http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mode...mp;mospid=47260

Trademe guy is screwing me around :rolleyes: Says he'll come pick it up and is a no show, 4 chances is plenty....

$50 takes it, the airbox, and a radiator expansion tank. And if you dont need the temp sender (gauge) you can take the lot for $40 :P

Epic Bargain.

Cant pick up till the 3rd of Jan though, off to Aussie for a week.

Edited by Jacko

Damn you and your North Island location... I really need to move if I ever want to really take advantage of the bargains on here :)

I am sure you will sell this easily enough.

Sold.. Hopefully :D

Engine is hopefully sold, everything else remains up for grabs.

Also have a genuine BMW NZ towbar and tech1 rear kit (with towbar hole) that'll be coming off my car in the next week if anyone wants it. Ummmm $80 for the tow bar, $100 for the rear valance, or $150 for them both. Both in good nick, kit could do with a paint as is mattish swartz black.

And if anyone has any use for a very very very near new nissens E30 radiator (built in expansion tank, manual) with a rooted core (might be repairable) all the plastic etc is fine you can have it for $10

Also have a doorstop shaped like an M50 DME for sale :P

Edited by Jacko

Also have a PFL front kit, no idea what it is, possibly early BBS? Look through the project thread for more pics.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=31249

Lower edge looks to have been removed, but cant gaurantee it as have never seen one the same. Someone with some glassing/plastic welding skills could turn it into something a bit different to the usual E30 front end. ;)

$50 ono.

As always, I have NO room to store this stuff, so it needs to go, make an offer and Ill probably take it as long as your not takin the piss :P

Edited by Jacko

Bump.

Holy sh*t are there some clowns on trademe, after I placed bad feedback on the original seller and made a fixed price offer to the watchers, he came into the workshop and took the engine off my oblivious mate.

So now ive sold it to two people, what a mess :rolleyes:

Ah that sucks.

I had a dude pay for something by bank transfer once then never come to pick it up :lol:

Bump

* 4 Spoke E30 steering wheel, good nick

* E30 expansion tank, very tidy

* M50/52 thermostat housing gasket - New (obviously)

* New O rings etc for M50/52 oil filter (Big one, little one, and washer)

* E34 M50B25 engine mount arms - Free.

* Gasket for the casting around the camgears on a M50 (NV) 11-36-1-740-840

* Pair of E24/28 engine mounts, 2nd hand but good nick. (E30-M50 swap ones)

* New genuine crankshaft bolt and spacer 11211720633 & 11231288660 for virtually all M5x engines from E36's too E85's

* E30 PFL BMW NZ Genuine Towbar

* E30 MTech 1 rear kit (with tow bar hole) Mattish black

* BBS? Front kit for PFL

Make me an Offffffeerrrr :P

If Anyone has mint E30 front screen, window rubbers, and shadowline trim Id consider swapsies. Also interested in PFL rear bumper, bonnet, RH Plastic inner gaurd, wiper relay, interior window trim (the shiny bits that snap..) if anyone wants to swap E30 Parts piles.

bump :unsure:

Bump ;)

Add to the list - Ultra racing E30 lower front strut brace, UR-LA2-493, New in packaging - $50