Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

BMW disappoints Apprentice winner

He has point, they are povo pack hose out specials before options and at $70,000 the entry level three series has less kit than a $30,000 Holden.

Yea I read that the other day.

I can see his point however no need to go to the media with it. Take it up with the Production company and let them sort it out as the agreement was between BMW and the production company.

He has point, they are povo pack hose out specials before options and at $70,000 the entry level three series has less kit than a $30,000 Holden.

But is still much much better to drive!

What an ungrateful bastard.

He's been given a BMW to use free for a year and he got the 'poverty pack' version.

What the hell did he expect? a bloody M3 convertable.

I just wonder what sort of shitter he owned before he was GIVEN this Beemer.

Edited by C0SM0S

It did not say in the agreement the options that would be in the car i don't think bmw isn't going to hand over a premium packaged car to him.

I am thinking the price from bmw to the production would be for a standard car but for promotional purposes why not show off the packaged car.

Edited by M-Spec

The prize on the show was a job, the car is part of his salary and was marketed as a “premium luxury car†so I can see where he is coming from, the lease on it would cost what, $1,200 a month and is a deduction from his salary package, given the choice I bet he would rather have the cash to put towards a decent car.

Sounds like a spoilt kid, having a cry lol.

But is still much much better to drive!

You are joking aren't you?

You would rather drive a new budget pack 2 litre diesel station wagon than a 2-3 year old 6 litre SS Commodore?

Why is he complaining to BMW, they would've given him what the production company paid for....douche

Sounds like a spoilt kid, having a cry lol.

You are joking aren't you?

You would rather drive a new budget pack 2 litre diesel station wagon than a 2-3 year old 6 litre SS Commodore?

If I had to pay for fuel, yes.

if not. Hell no. V8 please.

This

As far as "company cars" go its alright, how many of you that have a company car get a choice of what the company gives you to drive and what spec it comes in? not many i bet..

Would be better than getting a mazda 3 hatch or a smart ka..

Imagine if Great Wall or Geely sponsored the show! haha

He didnt have to drive it, he couldve just left it in the garage..

It's still wrong to have shown a high spec model on TV then give the show winner the poverty version.

If I had to pay for fuel, yes.

if not. Hell no. V8 please.

That's no V8. Its some kind of blunt farm implement.

:ph34r:

It's still wrong to have shown a high spec model on TV then give the show winner the poverty version.

I think thats the producers rather than BMW themselves..

Who complains about free stuff anyway?

I agree that he is being ungrateful. BMW will have provided what the producers paid for, he should be taking up his issue with the producers of the show, not BMW. BMW is just providing a service and from their perspective they're selling their good for what is paid.

If he gets a high spec model for $xxx,xxx that the producers are paying, people are going to wonder why they don't get the same.

In the end it's still a business and if they do give the high-spec model for the entry level price they're losing money.

Of all people he should understand that.

IMO.

We keep saying production company paid for the (use of the) car, can anyone actually confirm this is the case? I mean is BMW actually a sponsor of the show? If they are, won't BMW NZ be partly to blame too?

No they werent paying for the show..

I assume its a form of marketing, they would pay the production company $ 50,000 or whatever to be associated with it and give a car to the winner, and of course they wont get a high end one.

Terry was always in a BMW when you saw him driving.. well, being driven around, that was the CEO's personal car.

We keep saying production company paid for the (use of the) car, can anyone actually confirm this is the case? I mean is BMW actually a sponsor of the show? If they are, won't BMW NZ be partly to blame too?

Why would BMW be to blame if they are a sponsor? They're giving the production company money/endorsement/cars etc. to use in order to get their name out. I wouldn't expect a sponsor to give away a $100k car to the winner. Then again this could be my midnight self talking tired.

I would say BMW provided a year’s free lease on the car, along with Seritepoosess 760il as product placement, the idea or theme of the show was one of a premium lifestyle and to be part of that is great exposure, im sure Audi, Mercedes or Lexus would have loved to have been the sponsor, it was a hi roller package as such.

Wind down windows and cloth seats are not that premium.

That cute blond should have one anyway, she has a big future ahead of her.

That cute blond should have one anyway, she has a big future ahead of her.

she sure does...... now she promotes Holden :lol:

she sure does...... now she promotes Holden :lol:

that is sad!!!!!!!

I can vouch for that, ive just got my 2008 320d company car and to be honest Im not that happy with it. 16inch cheap alloys, no ipod, no heated seats etc

It has no options compared with what some of the other managers have, they have Audi A4s with some fruit, 17", Parking ass, heated seats, ipod int and Alfa 159s with heaps of fruit 19"Alloys, Nav, Leather, heated seats, Parking ass, ipod int, brembo brakes body kit etc.

Im a BMW man but these 320ds have buggger all for there money. In saying that it does go bloody well and handles better

Im up for a new one in may so I think ill grab the Alfa