Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Auckland Paintshops

I know, I know. Its been covered before. I searched though all our old threads, damn 18 pages of it but kind of just came up empty handed.

Im after a bodyshop to send a few brand new bits and pieces to, to be painted for my car. Was just wondering what your suggestion is, places your have dealt with in the past, what you got done and what damage did it to your wallet :lol:

Ive sent a few quote requests out so just waiting on some responses, in the mean time I'll like to see who you guys can suggest.

Cheers!

Oh and you can PM if you wish not to have details on places or what you spent splashed around..

i went to Graeme Hughes in north shore, good people to deal with, and a good job for a good price.

They resprayed by rear quarters, rebuilt my valence and texture coated it to match factory. Oh, the cut and polish for the rest of the body was damn good of them as well.

i went to Graeme Hughes in north shore, good people to deal with, and a good job for a good price.

I'd recommend these guys as well, they did an amazing job at a very cheap price

Ray Hasler for good pricing and quality work.

Euro Collision (now called German Kollision Haus) for top quality work, but expect to pay for it.

Ray Hasler for good pricing and quality work.

All good if you want the work done by drug f**ked P heads.

This is a true statement as i know 3 painters who do/did work at Haslers, and believe me when i say you would not believe the stuff they get away with.

All good if you want the work done by drug f**ked P heads.

This is a true statement as i know 3 painters who do/did work at Haslers, and believe me when i say you would not believe the stuff they get away with.

Really? Well it's been quite a few years actually (like 4 years +) since I last visited their workshop, so perhaps times have changed? Are they still the official Audi and Porsche factory repair shop?

Cheers for the help guys!

Graeme Hughes has given me a good deal so Im going to get a piece painted by him and see how it comes out and if it looks crap I will probably go back to Precision or Evans European. But for the love of god please no one ever go to Newmarket European Panel...

I wouldn't use Auckland Paint & Panel again, they are in town near the Vic park markets.

Paid $450 to have a front bumper sprayed, was OEM and Urethene, which should be pretty easy.. no prep work required.

Timeframe was great, done the same day I dropped it in. They even wired up my brand new smoked indicators for me (was on my 300ZX), though they severely damaged them by cutting and grinding them to fit in to place instead of soldering the contacts together... a few weeks later the paint started warping at the edges and flaking off.

They didn't care.

There're only 2 BMW approved paintshop in Auckland.

Precision Autowerks in the shore and German Kollison Haus in Glen Innes.

Ray Hasler is approved for VW/Audi group cars. (that means Porsche, Lambo, Seat and Skoda as well)

Can't speak highly enough of Precision Auto Werk in Glenfield.

Paul is great to deal with.

Those of you who watched my e46 build and their painting and prep of my e30 brake booster ... the care and workmenship of precision speak for themselves ..

They aren't the cheapest but one of the best.