Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

e36 M3 Straight pipes

So Ive been tempted for a while...

Excuse the dry belt and lose exhaust flange ffs!

Besides the rattling :lol: ... iLike

Cars looking bloody awesome too.

Yer, ill get under it tonight and tighten that Sh!t up!.

Cheers, im on the fence about lowering. It touches on alot of bumps, driveways as is. An inch lower would look perfect tho

nice area to live in ;) nice sound too

I wouldn't drop it. Yes it might look cool but only until you forget its that low.

I do love the look tho!

Sounds hot.

If that is the driveway you have to navigate each day then I wouldn't bother lowering it anymore. Looks like a struggle as it is.

Ethan, I’m looking at exhaust options at the moment for my 97 M3. So I would be very interested in a write up and photos of what your done.

Would you have before and after dyno results

Cheers

Two real options for b32's

2 inch pipes from headers to retain torque or 2 1/2 inch pipes for a little bit of extra power in the top end but at the loss of low end torque (more useful for every day driving)

Retain the pipes as straight and long as you can. You can run a center muffler about 1 1/2 meters up to keep it street legal.

Back box muffler shouldnt be of the straight through type unless you going for a race setup.

You can make extra power by having an X-pipe around after the headers but before the center muffler. This requires a lot of dyno and refabrication time to make work properly to get the correct position. Putting it in the wrong position will decrease power.

Two real options for b32's

2 inch pipes from headers to retain torque or 2 1/2 inch pipes for a little bit of extra power in the top end but at the loss of low end torque (more useful for every day driving)

Retain the pipes as straight and long as you can. You can run a center muffler about 1 1/2 meters up to keep it street legal.

Back box muffler shouldnt be of the straight through type unless you going for a race setup.

You can make extra power by having an X-pipe around after the headers but before the center muffler. This requires a lot of dyno and refabrication time to make work properly to get the correct position. Putting it in the wrong position will decrease power.

Hybrid

do you mind if I start another topic in Performance and copy your post from here.