Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E34 Locking

So i disconnected the battery in my E34 sedan while i decide to either fix it up or part it out. I want to get into the car now but its all locked up and the locks are electric meaning turning the key does not open the door on either side. Boot opens, i took the liner out but the skihole isnt punched out so i have no acess into the car. How can i get into the car? is there a way to pop the bonnet as thats also closed so that i can recconnect the battery? im just happy the battery is in the front in this car and not under the seat where it usually is..

PM me would be the best way for the sake of security of our E34s so hoodrats dont get this help? cheers, Andy

Jack the car up and connect a jump pack or battery to the starter positive and a ground

With my E32 you need to turn the key and lift the handle at the same time if there is no battery connected. Maybe your e34 is similar?

With my E32 you need to turn the key and lift the handle at the same time if there is no battery connected. Maybe your e34 is similar?

That will work as well...so long as he doesnt force it and break the key. Especialy if it isn't a genuine key

if you put the "dead lock" on when you locked it , you will need to get some charge back into the battery ,

one way you can do it is conect a 12volt battery to the boot lid light just be carfull to get the neg and positive around the right way (remove the light unit pull the bulb out conect the neg to the brown wire and the positive to the other ), then you shoudl be able to use your key to unlock from the door.

That will work as well...so long as he doesnt force it and break the key. Especialy if it isn't a genuine key

That didnt work for me on either door, key isnt the original so that must be why. seems a strange setup but i dont know how the handles work ha

if you put the "dead lock" on when you locked it , you will need to get some charge back into the battery ,

one way you can do it is conect a 12volt battery to the boot lid light just be carfull to get the neg and positive around the right way (remove the light unit pull the bulb out conect the neg to the brown wire and the positive to the other ), then you shoudl be able to use your key to unlock from the door.

Now you mention it, I remember reading this trick somewhere, i will give this a try. Just jumped on the Playstation now (waiting for a stupid update atm) will try this arvo now ha thanks!

If you've got a sub and amp in your boot, then you can back feed a bit of juice into it through the amp cabling. I've done that before, works a treat and easier than doing it from underneath the car.

Cheers

prooving to be quite a mission... i backed up against a wall and my flatmates car is alway in the way so i cant get the wagon close enough to put juice into the boot curcuit!! Will have to do it on wednesday when hes at work. thanks for the help guys!

the turn key lift handle thing is a mission but it works...as you lift the handle AS you turn the key ALL the way left,you have to lift the handle at the same time you turn,you dont have to use force.When you get it right you will see the door knob move a little bit,repeat until it lifts far enough to unlock.I think on my car it was the passengers side that worked.

it worked!! patience is the key, no pun intended! now to get this car running again...

Hrrm, mine was always easy as.

I would turn the key as far is it would go clockwise, then lift the handle, when I lifted the handle the key would then turn further and unlock it.

Hrrm, mine was always easy as.

I would turn the key as far is it would go clockwise, then lift the handle, when I lifted the handle the key would then turn further and unlock it.

thats how it is but on my e34 you had to do it about 5 or 6 times to lift the knob enough to unlock