Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Looking for a 1.8l econovan/bongo motor..

Anyone know of any cheap 1.8l sohc bongo / econovan motors ? Mine just crapped itself nearing the 500,000kms mark so im after another one but they are EXPENSIVE on trademe. Almost how much I paid for the van couple months ago ha.. I missed out on a cheap one that went for a couple hundy cos the guy pulled it off ..

But yeah if anyone knows of someone stripping one or someone selling one cheap let me know need one a.s.a.p !

Anyone know of any cheap 1.8l sohc bongo / econovan motors ? Mine just crapped itself nearing the 500,000kms mark so im after another one but they are EXPENSIVE on trademe. Almost how much I paid for the van couple months ago ha.. I missed out on a cheap one that went for a couple hundy cos the guy pulled it off ..

But yeah if anyone knows of someone stripping one or someone selling one cheap let me know need one a.s.a.p !

try Lance aka melowpuff,something of that description is kicking round here somewhere

Can i please be the first????

Sitting back waiting for the replies to THAT post.

Now where did i put my popcorn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: And paint it Camoflage...from a can.

Yep Class!!

Dropping in a 12a into it now got a mean deal with some chrome titans.

In all seriousness.. I'm just after a standard motor it's only a daily run around was cheap as hell. Comes in handy having a van for dem hoez.

Edited by e30ftw

Bolt a 2 litre FE series in it [ from a E2000 / econo / Cosmo/ 929 / B2000 / Courier ]

the 1800 and the 2000 are the same series engine [ FE ] but the 2 litre has a 25mm taller block for the extra stroke

So it's a bolt in!

If its only the shortblock that you need, a FWD Telstar can be used [ the RWD heads have 90 degree distributor drive]

"Bitch please, I am just as successful at throwing money away in this hobby as the next person!" But don't you worry sunshine, success is only a dollar away.........

The whole thing was caput.. It was a 2l FE aswell. Ahh well, a 1.8 will do anyway just need to find one for a reasonable price !