Sign in to follow this  
htra024

lower people mover

Hi all,

I just want to lower people mover to have a bit of sporty look.

Does this lower make lot of affect to driving comfort and handle while with fully 7 passenger loaded?

Any suggestion whether I would lower or keep it factory standard?

Ta

english?

forgive me if its your second language, its hard to understand...

Cool car, they are based on a MK5 golf platform, we have lowered a few of these when they were new for VW NZ and they handle great after lowering, heaps less body roll, we have a couple of sets left and can give you a very sharp deal.

Cheers Keith.

021-378-912.

I had the offer from Keith for a 35mm lower (H&R spring).

The Volkswagen Touran 05 is always full load (7 girls) when its on the road so my most concerns are how the car drive, handle, comfort and any problems later on?

This is car for my partner.

Thanks for any advises.

Kelvin.

imho its already pretty low,obviously with 7 people in it it will sit even lower,making it less practical for driveways,speed bumps etc. just my opinion of course

imho its already pretty low,obviously with 7 people in it it will sit even lower,making it less practical for driveways,speed bumps etc. just my opinion of course

You also have to remember although it will be lower from the original standard height, it will have stronger stiffer springs in it, so even with weight onboard it wont be much lower when filled with people than what it would have been with the standard springs in it, these are higher grade uprated springs compared to some of the cheaper ones and they have to pass a TUV safety test which entails that the vehicle much be able to retain the OEM axle weight loadings laden and unladen.

I had the offer from Keith for a 35mm lower (H&R spring).

The Volkswagen Touran 05 is always full load (7 girls) when its on the road so my most concerns are how the car drive, handle, comfort and any problems later on?

This is car for my partner.

Thanks for any advises.

Kelvin.

I have the number plate "LOWLDY" for sale if she's interested Kelvin .... belonged to my daughter

I have the number plate "LOWLDY" for sale if she's interested Kelvin .... belonged to my daughter

Thanks Glenn but my partner is not interested in.

To all others: any ones have any picture of how H&R 35mm drop (with and without full load) should look like?

I am very concern of the difficulty to drive as my partner isnt a good and skill driver.

Thanks

K

depending on spring rates, i would expect it to have a harsher ride. Pretty much apart from driveway scrape, thats pretty much the only negative i can think of.

Should I pick a set of wheel+tyres first or lower the car first? Which ones of these should be done first? Ta

OMG... very confusing in lowering my touran.

I brought it to Qualitat today for full service. I also asked the guy there whether I should lower (35mm H&R Spring) and he suggested to leave it as standard factory if its for daily use. :wacko:

He said lower (35mm H&R Spring) would affect toward to the mechanical warranties, join ball fail, WOF fail, shock fail and lot of troubles that I cant remember all.

I personally like the sporty look with 18" wheel but.... consideration on what he suggested I think............ :( I dont know... give me an advise please.

Thanks

OMG... very confusing in lowering my touran.

I brought it to Qualitat today for full service. I also asked the guy there whether I should lower (35mm H&R Spring) and he suggested to leave it as standard factory if its for daily use. :wacko:

He said lower (35mm H&R Spring) would affect toward to the mechanical warranties, join ball fail, WOF fail, shock fail and lot of troubles that I cant remember all.

I personally like the sporty look with 18" wheel but.... consideration on what he suggested I think............ :( I dont know... give me an advise please.

Thanks

Over 10,000 cars lowered in 9 years with no comebacks hmmm, not sure who has the right story!.

Qualitat Motors are correct with what they have told Kelvin.

The Warranty Companies are taking a harder line with all their new policies. If you lower a car or modify its suspension you will void any claim on suspension or steering components.

It also applies to other mechanical components. They are quite strick on their new "NO MODIFICATION" policies

Basicaly, now if you buy a vehicle with a new mechanical warranty you must not modify anything, or run the risk of claims not being accepted.

Edited by *Glenn*

Qualitat Motors are correct with what they have told Kelvin.

The Warranty Companies are taking a harder line with all their new policies. If you lower a car or modify its suspension you will void any claim on suspension or steering components.

It also applies to other mechanical components. They are quite strick on their new "NO MODIFICATION" policies

Basicaly, now if you buy a vehicle with a new mechanical warranty you must not modify anything, or run the risk of claims not being accepted.

I agree Glenn with the warranty issues with some companies, I disagree with the part about causing ball joints and shock absorbers etc to fail and failing wof's, If the correct lowering springs are in the car at legal height and correct shock absorber travel etc it shouldn't cause damage to the car, that's why in europe they have to pass the strict TUV test to be allowed to be sold throughout europe and the world, but if Kelvin is unsure he should keep it standard, also you have to watch out with aftermarket wheels, I have heard some warranty companies fail to complete warranties if the the overall width and diameter of your aftermarket wheels is more than 10% larger overall than the original wheels and tyres, pretty soon we all have to drive 500cc 3 cylinder, 2s seater semi hybrid one colour cars if they keep these restrictions up :blink:

Kelvin may have got that mixed up. Qualitat were referring to the fact of making a warranty claim on failed components, not the lowering of the vehicle causing it.

I have heard some warranty companies fail to complete warranties if the the overall width and diameter of your aftermarket wheels is more than 10% larger overall than the original wheels and tyres, :blink:

No self rspecting wheel or tyre shop should be selling anything that is 10% larger. It is not only stupid it is also illegal. WOF laws state that 3% is as big as you can go. We go to MAXIMUM of 2% as sometimes with tyre upsizing you can't get it 100% correct. The extra size can cause extra stress all on all of your driveline components, including the engine and gearbox.

No self rspecting wheel or tyre shop should be selling anything that is 10% larger. It is not only stupid it is also illegal. WOF laws state that 3% is as big as you can go. We go to MAXIMUM of 2% as sometimes with tyre upsizing you can't get it 100% correct. The extra size can cause extra stress all on all of your driveline components, including the engine and gearbox.

Probably got my percentages mixed up Jono, my point is they are getting extremly fussy over things that are often done correctly and focusing less on the things that are probably more dangerous.

Kelvin may have got that mixed up. Qualitat were referring to the fact of making a warranty claim on failed components, not the lowering of the vehicle causing it.

Thanks Glen, just didn't want people getting the wrong idea

Qualitat did not just refer to warranty claim, they also referred to the facts that lowering the car causing issues.

After quick look under the car, they also said if 35mm drop then it would cause something relate to 100mm (I cant remember) so the car cant pass WOF.

Keith mentioned to have correct spring, shock absorber etc so it shouldnt cause damage to the car. So you mean that lowering the car by JUST ONLY MOD the spring (H&R) would cause damage later on?

Ta.

Umm the car is for your partner... then why do you care how it handles or what it looks like? Function over form mate, leave it as it was designed... to move people.

Just my opinion.

Qualitat did not just refer to warranty claim, they also referred to the facts that lowering the car causing issues.

After quick look under the car, they also said if 35mm drop then it would cause something relate to 100mm (I cant remember) so the car cant pass WOF.

Keith mentioned to have correct spring, shock absorber etc so it shouldnt cause damage to the car. So you mean that lowering the car by JUST ONLY MOD the spring (H&R) would cause damage later on?

Ta.

No wouldn't cause damage later on, otherwise these professional companies with all of their safety tests would not be in existence, if you are so unsure perhaps leave the car standard Kelvin then you have no worries, was nice to talk to you the other day.

Best Regards.

Keith.