Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

E34 535I/M factory 5 speed

I am after a E34 535 manual. No conversions. Prefer NZ new. Prefer M or schnitzer kitted. Prefer LSD.

4-6K depending on condition.

Cheers

Dan

ya just missed this nice one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-346735402.htm

maybe go for this one .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-349865052.htm

faster ,lighter and more economical

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

I bid on the Silver one. But someone hit the buy now. Had a mate check it and it was a good buy.

Already an E28 Turbo being built for the series. E34 is where it is at.

That red one looks bloody horrible. They really don't look good in that color. Doesn't look in the best condition ether.

Would not pay more than about $3800 for that one in that condition. Also being English is also off putting. Rust prone.

The white Schnitzer with the plate WOGBOS would be ideal at a realistic price. $5K. Would have to de-rice it though.

Already an E28 Turbo being built for the series. E34 is where it is at.

Truth is Dan, the E28 will always be 100 to 150 kgs lighter, so just got to get it to handle and it will be no contest. :lol:

Truth is Dan, the E28 will always be 100 to 150 kgs lighter, so just got to get it to handle and it will be no contest. :lol:

be easy to lose lots of kilos from an e34,pity you werent looking a few weeks ago....

be easy to lose lots of kilos from an e34,pity you werent looking a few weeks ago....

Trouble is you have with a heavier car to start with, and I can get more out than an E34 anyway. Milan has trouble getting much more out now without spending a small fortune on plastic, glass and carbon.

Trouble is you have with a heavier car to start with, and I can get more out than an E34 anyway. Milan has trouble getting much more out now without spending a small fortune on plastic, glass and carbon.

no disputing that mate,e28 will always be lighter,but say my old car you could lose a lot easily (electric seats etc!)

Guest Simon*

I know of a 540is nearly for sale ..... :ph34r:

Lighter donk than the M30 and a bulletproof 6 speed

V8's are too slow unless you spend massive amounts of money.

Can always make up for the extra weight with a bigger turbo Dave.

Just imagine Millans car with a conservative 300 -350rwkw.

V8's are too slow unless you spend massive amounts of money.

Just imagine Millans car with a conservative 300 -350rwkw.

Are we allowed to imagine Milan driving it too ?????? :blink:

Just imagine Milan's car with a conservative 300 -350rwkw.

Are you allowed to run a turbo on an E34 (guessing you are looking at the Open Class)? E28s got in on a special case due to turboed Alpina E28 I think.

same with the e34

The Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo was first introduced at the 1989 Geneva auto show, based on the popular and very successful BMW 535i. It was the fastest car Alpina ever built and to this date it remains the second fastest after the B12 5.7 Coupe. The extremely smooth and refined inline-6 engine, coupled with twin Garrett T25 turbo chargers that work together to practically eliminate turbo lag, provide over 100 horsepower per litre. A 5-speed manual transmission especially developed by Getrag for the B10 transmits the powers to the 17 inch wheels while Lucas-Girling four pot fixed caliper brakes, 332 mm (13.07 inch) ventilated brake discs and of course a ABS system help slow the car down.

Other modifications performed by Alpina include new Mahle pistons, new valves and camshafts, new intake and exhaust systems, an intercooler for the turbochargers and standard exterior trims including front and rear spoilers. The interior is also updated with Recaro sport seats, a hand-stitched 3-spoke leather steering wheel by Momo and a whole bunch of dials including everything from boost pressure to oil temperature. Only 507 Bi-Turbo were built in total, however none are believed to exist in North America. The last Bi-Turbo ever produced rolled out of the plant in March 1994. The Bi-Turbo is extremely quick and should not be under-estimated by any BMW M5 owners (or Ferrari 348 / Testarossa owners, as a few German magazines found out) because the twin-turbo B10 both accelerates faster and has a higher top speed. - by Traian Popescu

Edited by Silver Fox

same with the e34

The extremely smooth and refined inline-6 engine,

hmmm not sure i would go quite that far with the M30