Sign in to follow this  
htra024

Mobile handwash, worth for $200?

HI all,

I got a Mobile Hand Wash car & boat groom company.

I asked him (might be the owner) for the fully service ( I really mean to get everything interior and exterior done). He told me I would purchase $200 service included cut & polish. Yes, $200 I would expect a very good, perfect job as $200 is the most expensive service that company offer.

A Chinese couple turned up and get the job started. After 3 hours of work, they finished it. I checked around the car and I did not satisfy with what they have done. I had to tell them what and where need to be done and they redo it. It was wasting the time and leading to disappointing for customer.

I personally think the Chinese couple is not professional, skill and expertise on what they are doing. I would do better job through.

My point here is I feel that mobile service normally these organisations contract the employees. Organisations and contractors share profit (50:50 or 30:70 maybe). Because of they contract people hence they do not control the job quality neither skill and expertise.

I would personally recommend do not purchase from the mobile service. The proper shop would much better hence they would care about their quality and reputation carefully.

Ta

I personally think if you want the job done right, do it yourself. You get what you pay for.

$200 isn't much for a groom really, when you consider the labour and product that goes into a decent groom I would expect to pay $500+

Does a full in & out groom include doing in behind interior parts that arent normally done and also in engine bay and under car etc? $500 seems a lot if they dont.

I hadn't washed/cleaned my Passat in the two years I had owned it, and it had performed like a swiss watch. I cleaned it two weeks ago, and two days later the starter motor quits.

There is a lesson in that somewhere.

Does a full in & out groom include doing in behind interior parts that arent normally done and also in engine bay and under car etc? $500 seems a lot if they dont.

i guess you havent fully groomed your car recently then eh? either that or you think the min wage the groomers get paid is the same as the labour rate they charge you...

Used to be $280 for a full top shelf groom at JC BMW

Only way to get the job done properly is to do it yourself.

The hardest part is the polishing if you don't have a machine, the rest is easy.

We are more than happy to give pointers and there are plenty of what to do threads on here.

Give me $200 and I will send you all the Mothers stuff you need to give your car a brilliant shine.

Clay bar Kit

Polish/Glaze

Wax

Protectant

Car-wash

Drying towel

2x Wax on wax off packs.

Extra’s you will need to buy.

Meguiars hand polishing pads. $10?

Window Cleaner for the wheels and windows $5.00

5-Pac of Microfiber cloths from Godfries. $5.00

done.