Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

E30 Turbo Coupe

I bought this a little while ago with the intention of racing it, however have decided that it will limit the events which i can enter so regretfully i'm selling it and sticking with the 325i!

The car has a standard CA18DET and 5-Speed running standard boost with front mount intercooler. The conversion is certified. Has current wof and reg.

BMW E30 318i Facelift Coupe

No sunroof

No A/C

Electric windows

Disc rear end

Alarm/Immobiliser

Since purchasing it i have done the following:

New oil (Magnatec)

New spark plugs

New oil Filter

New pod filter and adaptor

New 5ply silicone joiners for i/c piping

New bov

Heat painted all i/c piping black for stealth look

New steering coupling

Added rear spoiler

Replaced kidney grill

Replaced front discs and pads with some good ones

Exterior is pretty good, just needs a new front valance and lip which i've on the hunt for. The passengers door has a small dent. I have the side trim for the passengers side guard. Can't find any rust.

Perfect for someone wanting something a bit different. Could do with new battery, but i can probably sort that out.

Will come on 4 of the front wheels - just haven't had time to get rear tyres swapped over. Also the car isn't clean in the pics....!!

Will accept $5000 from a bimmersport member for a quick sale

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...550&ed=true

Contact me on 02102777666

EDIT: Pics added. Trademe link

Thanks.

post-1740-1297158921.jpg

post-1740-1297158926.jpg

post-1740-1297158935.jpg

post-1740-1297158939.jpg

post-1740-1297158942.jpg

post-1740-1297158946.jpg

post-1740-1297158949.jpg

post-1740-1297158953.jpg

post-1740-1297158956.jpg

post-1740-1297158961.jpg

post-1740-1297158965.jpg

Edited by bmpower

Small case 4.1 afaik. Was replaced with this diff before i got it. It was previously advertised as having an lsd, which it has never had!

Ahhh, so you bought it!?

Just curious, why does the cert say 4-dr under the "body style" part? Its a 2dr.

Ahhh, so you bought it!?

Just curious, why does the cert say 4-dr under the "body style" part? Its a 2dr.

Not sure as it was certed before i bought it - can only assume someone made a mistake on the paperwork for the cert plate and hence the plate was made saying 4dr! All other details including chassis number etc are correct.

probably because the certifier assumed it had 4 doors

lost count of the number of people that tried to open my non-existent rear doors in my old e30

^Had the opposite problem with mine on the race car, just assumed it had 2 doors, it has 4. For the bitches.

How does this compare pace-wise to a manual 325i? Just for curiosities sake.

A standard ca18det puts out about 130kw which is slightly more than the m20b25 and is also lighter. I had a ca18 s13 and a 325 and would say the ca18det is probabley quicker.

Throw a bigger turbo, injectors and a quick tune and you can get 200kw out of the CA very easily.

How does this compare pace-wise to a manual 325i? Just for curiosities sake.

Exactly 2 years ago I had my first full proper track day session and spent around 3 laps following some old datsun thing with a CA18DET in it, stock boost, FMIC, like this e30. It pulled 1-2 car lengths on the straight at Ruapuna. So it was kind of even, but that annoying pace difference which is hard to overtake without a big car-smashing-together brake-dive (but with an old slow-cornering datto; painful to follow in the corners)

Whereas an SR20DET on stock boost pulls 8-10 lengths, comparatively. CA's + box are 10-15kgs lighter than the SR package, which is 20-25ish kg lighter than a full m20 package.

Tickle the boost/injectors/fuelpump on this car and you would have as much fun as what could be possible to have in an E30, really really. As it is now, about 30% more fun than a 325i.

GLWS!

A standard ca18det puts out about 130kw which is slightly more than the m20b25 and is also lighter. I had a ca18 s13 and a 325 and would say the ca18det is probabley quicker.

Throw a bigger turbo, injectors and a quick tune and you can get 200kw out of the CA very easily.

Exactly what i was planning on doing, accompanied with a link, t28 turbo, injectors etc and easy reliable 200rwkw+

First port of call LSD and suspension. Would be a lot of fun. I had a NZ new 2000SX with the CA-18DET back in the 90's and it went hard, had the same try to go sideways quality as the M325i.

Race car commitments stop me from impulse buying this… and the other mean E30’s that are being waved around al of a sudden. I swear as soon as I can’t afford a toy they all come out to taunt me.

Good luck with the sale man.

PS you should put Hyundai Turbo diesel in a E30 for lols.

First port of call LSD and suspension. Would be a lot of fun. I had a NZ new 2000SX with the CA-18DET back in the 90's and it went hard, had the same try to go sideways quality as the M325i.

Race car commitments stop me from impulse buying this… and the other mean E30’s that are being waved around al of a sudden. I swear as soon as I can’t afford a toy they all come out to taunt me.

Good luck with the sale man.

PS you should put Hyundai Turbo diesel in a E30 for lols.

Agreed, i would have just swapped mine out of my 325i. The CA18DET E30 is lowered, thats about it!

On that note i would love to put the 2.2R series in one with a link and increase the fueling and wind up the boost a lil bit - would be lethal ...and economical! Someone crash one so we can try it.....!

Exactly what i was planning on doing, accompanied with a link, t28 turbo, injectors etc and easy reliable 200rwkw+

Did that on my s13 and boy was it fun. Can only imagine what it would be like in an e30.

I would buy but too many wants and not enough cash

Just to note i will consider 'swaps' etc.....

Hi Kerry.

You should try advertising it on the SS2000 forums, would be a good car for that class www.ss2000.co.nz

Thats an expensive cage and seats Heath!!

Thanks Keith, if i have no luck here it'll go onto trademe very soon!! Might need to have a chat about e36 springs soon too....

Not really...

4k cage, couple hundred for harness, 1200 - 2000 grand for seats.

Now on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...550&ed=true

Will accept $5000 from a bimmersport member for a quick sale.

Need to fund a cage and seats....

Thanks.

Edited by bmpower

Yea thats the one! Thanks.

That's one neat E30, GLWS mate. Wish I had the funds at the moment. Time to pull finger and sort the Hilux out and sell it off.

SOLD and gone!