Sign in to follow this  
simke

Telecom, Vodafone or 2degrees?

Just to add to this as i work with selling 2 degrees its more like

<21 - Telecom

21-35 Mix these people just run with what every they have had before.

35-80 - 2 degrees

Business is now all gone 2 degrees monthly [silly not to]

and mobile data is yea a mix but if you live in the mean cites you are crazy not to go with 2 degrees.

Thats just how it works out with people i help everyday.

they might buy a vodafone phone but they will buy a 2 degrees sim card.

Small business maybe with 2 degrees but I doubt you would ever see some of the big business switch over. They don't have the capacity or the products to handle them.

Small business maybe with 2 degrees but I doubt you would ever see some of the big business switch over. They don't have the capacity or the products to handle them.

Ill give you that one as yea as a retailer we don't get the big guys.

No I dont.

If you need to download something big, try stopping in one place, preferably in a metro area as it has the best backhaul from the cell tower to the main exchanges (most bandwidth).

It will happen a lot faster .. Also try a download manager like Freedownload Manager and stream 8 or more connections at one time.

If you need to download something big, try stopping in one place, preferably in a metro area as it has the best backhaul from the cell tower to the main exchanges (most bandwidth).

It will happen a lot faster .. Also try a download manager like Freedownload Manager and stream 8 or more connections at one time.

I have found that with Vodafone the result of doing this is that you are handed down to 2G WOOO!!! 2G!!! because obviously having a "backup" GSM network is just farking AMAZING!

/rant :)

I have found that with Vodafone the result of doing this is that you are handed down to 2G WOOO!!! 2G!!! because obviously having a "backup" GSM network is just farking AMAZING!

/rant :)

This reminds me when I question Voda about what advantage they have over XT last year shortly after the XT fail, they told me they have "2 networks - 2G & 3G" and don't have to worry because they have a backup network. What a load of cr*p. I thought the point is to have 1 well planned, designed and built network to service the customer instead of 2 or 3 so the devices are jumping between them for best signal.

That new Vodafone SureSignal device is a testament to the crappiness of their own network. Customer should not need to pay ($350+) to have their signal boosted. A reasonably good signal should be provided and included in the monthly fees.

Where you live 2 degrees has there own towers so thats why

Incorrect. Roam from Vodafone.

Incorrect. Roam from Vodafone.

They roam on vodafone where there is no 2 degrees towers. But 2 degrees do have their own towers in areas.

I

thought they did my bad =/ They did say a few months ago they are spending 150M or so on new towers all over the place dont know when this starts tho.

thought they did my bad =/ They did say a few months ago they are spending 150M or so on new towers all over the place dont know when this starts tho.

it's a bit of a pain, would love cheap mobile broadband. 20/gig is pretty sweet IMO.

it's a bit of a pain, would love cheap mobile broadband. 20/gig is pretty sweet IMO.

I'm going to biff my Voda plan this month and switch to the Smartphone 60 XT plan (I already have another XT iPhone). $60 per month, 100 minutes, 300 txts, 1GB of mobile data, reception at my house, and no call dropping as I drive over constellation drive on the mway....north shore voda users know what I mean....

$60 per month? Cheap as for that reception and speed...

and not in dunedin where cliff lives :P

I wonder why 2 degrees has better reception then Vodafone if they are sharing towers!?

For the past 3 days i've been in Alexandra and Cromwell, my iphone sucked on both 2 degrees and Voda but the missus old Telecom (cdma?) had full bars everywhere...i think it's just my stupid iphone 3gs :lol:;)

I wonder why 2 degrees has better reception then Vodafone if they are sharing towers!?

For the past 3 days i've been in Alexandra and Cromwell, my iphone sucked on both 2 degrees and Voda but the missus old Telecom (cdma?) had full bars everywhere...i think it's just my stupid iphone 3gs :lol:;)

Go and get an XT sim and drop it into your 3GS and it will kick ass. The reason is that XT is on a better band than vodafail and 2degrees, so it will pretty much always have better reception.

There is nothing wrong with your iPhone.