Sign in to follow this  
TIZZLA

NOOBIE

Hey guys im Tony and im hooked on BMWs

I've just bought my 5th one. Ive owned e30-e46 sedans but this is my first REAL bmw. As its a manual and its a coupe :D

I've just started Uni and i had a bit of cash to spend before i blew it on living expenses.

Managed to pick up a '86 318i coupe 5spd for 1K! It just needs a new muffler and possibly a rear break disc skim. It's in ok condition but im hoping to slowly restore it to it's former glory. Id love to put facelift bumpers on it but i know the rear bumper is quite a mission to put on. has anyone here tried it?

Im hoping to do most of the work myself so have been searching the net for the best DIY sites. R3Vlimited seems like the best one?

cheers

Welcome mate, trawl through the site! there's guys with plenty of e30 knowledge and bound to be threads that will come in handy along the way.

Have you looked at E30tech, I'd say it's more appropriate than R3V??

Anyway, both are US sites, so their US versions are not as cool as the Euro versions we've got.

You'll probably get a quicker response on here anyway if you need any actual help or advice.

Also, update you details so we know where you are in the country.

Welcome.

Also, I've read it's not too difficult to fit FL bumpers on a PFL, like, almost bolt up easy.

Edited by Blackie

I have spare Front FL bumper in the garden if you want it too.

Welcome.

If a 318i is a REAL BMW my Toyota Corolla is a Bentley.

Have you looked at E30tech, I'd say it's more appropriate than R3V??

Anyway, both are US sites, so their US versions are not as cool as the Euro versions we've got.

You'll probably get a quicker response on here anyway if you need any actual help or advice.

Also, update you details so we know where you are in the country.

Welcome.

Also, I've read it's not too difficult to fit FL bumpers on a PFL, like, almost bolt up easy.

I know the front should bolt up but i read that the rear needs modification because of the lower wheel arches or something. Theres a tutorial on R3V. Yea the state of those pre facelift "diving board" bumpers in the US is a joke they look terrible :lol:

Welcome.

Haha well its better than a 4 door auto which all my previous bimmers have been.

Edited by TIZZLA

Angle grinder will get it on there :P

Need pics of your car too, its a requirement, that way when other members see you around they can give you the initiation.

Edited by Blackie

Hey guys im Tony and im hooked on BMWs

Condolences.

PS. Leave the chrome alone.

Boom

Yea will get some pics up soon, the initiation?? sounds dodgy....

Oh and whats up with the forum replies having to be selected individually from a list? Is there a way to keep them all on the same page like normal?

Edited by TIZZLA