Sign in to follow this  
j.ingledew

E39 Project Low n Slow

All spacers need certs as far as I know, is that correct?

Yep, all spacers need certs, but not all spacers will get certs.

I don't know the details about thickness limits just that they must be hubcentric.

I was looking at the car and considering wheels first or lowering then I thought maybe I could get a nice stance to the car if I lowered it on the 15"s for now with lower profile tyres and got some spacers just to pump them out a little bit, certed of course. Opinions?

A 15" wheel is too small to nicely fill out the huge E39 wheel arch.

You'll end up with massive gaps around the tyres, you'd have to bring the car right down to eliminate the gap on top, and you'd still have gaps to the sides.....

Save the money you'd spend on spacers/cert and buy a set of nice wheels. ;)

A 15" wheel is too small to nicely fill out the huge E39 wheel arch.

You'll end up with massive gaps around the tyres, you'd have to bring the car right down to eliminate the gap on top, and you'd still have gaps to the sides.....

Save the money you'd spend on spacers/cert and buy a set of nice wheels. ;)

Yeah looking at the car you are right, but what to buy first, rims or a lowering kit?

Likewise.

Youre welcome too, I share those doubts and don't believe it either, I have only had a car a week and I merely wrote what the badges on the back say. Regardless, I couldn't be happier with the car, it is by far the best thing I have ever owned, including a slushy machine.

better than a slushy machine...thats a big call..

Wow there are some negative people. Hartge or not, been done before or not its a tidy car and has some cool options in it that I have noticed from seeing it in person. A car is a personal thing do what makes you the most happy with it. E39's can so easily be made too look awesome with only a few things done to them. Keen as to see this when its finished!

I think were missing the point here.

YOU OWN A SLUSHY MACHINE???

OMG!!!!

I always wanted to know, add bacardi does it make a decent pina colada?

Wow there are some negative people. Hartge or not, been done before or not its a tidy car and has some cool options in it that I have noticed from seeing it in person. A car is a personal thing do what makes you the most happy with it. E39's can so easily be made too look awesome with only a few things done to them. Keen as to see this when its finished!

Cheers Ryan :) Yours looks really nice too btw, if you want someone to take those wheels off your hands, they would look great in black on my car haha.

OMG!!!!

Last time I drank Bacadi I woke up minus phone, iPod, hat, right shoe and watch on my sisters couch on the other side of town with blood all over the back of my head and a fractured foot. No Bacardi, ever!

Makes a wicked Frozen Jagerbomb. You use Redbull as the ice cubes and the Jagermeister as the liquid. It is life changing.

Cheers Ryan :) Yours looks really nice too btw, if you want someone to take those wheels off your hands, they would look great in black on my car haha.

Well when you get sick of your head unit and want a nice NZ spec BMW Professional RDS one you know where to come...

Last time I drank Bacadi I woke up minus phone, iPod, hat, right shoe and watch on my sisters couch on the other side of town with blood all over the back of my head and a fractured foot. No Bacardi, ever!

Makes a wicked Frozen Jagerbomb. You use Redbull as the ice cubes and the Jagermeister as the liquid. It is life changing.

I'll go with this to. Bacardi = the devil

Well when you get sick of your head unit and want a nice NZ spec BMW Professional RDS one you know where to come...

If its a 7 inch fold out moniter we could come to a deal here :P

Perhaps its time you got one....

Atm I have an inbuilt screen haha

OMG!!!!

Thank f**k someone else noticed this :D

We just landed a sample set of E39 Height adjustable shocks and springs if you are interested. $895, cheers.

Just got some new rims today, picking them up tomorrow and putting them on the car on Thursday. They are 18in style 32s on 235/60/ZR18 tyres with heaps of tread. The rims are in good condition, minimal curbing, a little bit of yellowing on the fronts from brake dust so they will need a good scrub. I am going to paint them a nice gloss gray and change the tyres to 215/40/ZR18s. Hopefully these new wheels will aliviate some of the 4wd look of the car because it is looking a bit strange at the moment. Also have begun building a custom subwoofer and amp enclosure in the back with a bandpass sub box and a single 12", the enclosure will cover the back of the boot entirely with the sub on the left and behind a plexiglass cut out will be the monoblock amp running it and the carpet of the box is going to match that of the boot to give it a factory look.

This is the rims on the car they are on atm Posted Image

Edited by Oh Jake Yeah

Had those on my old 528i...love them!

Just got some new rims today, picking them up tomorrow and putting them on the car on Thursday. They are 18in style 32s on 235/60/ZR18 tyres with heaps of tread.

Nice choice!!

Are they off an E38 (Tyre/Rim Size suits) ??

Might pay to check as the Centre-bore is different to an E39

E39=74.1mm

E38=72.6mm

Style 32's were a good choice. Thumbs up.

Have you sorted out how your lowering the car yet? As stetched tyres with only enhance your wheel gap.

Style 32's were a good choice. Thumbs up.

Have you sorted out how your lowering the car yet? As stetched tyres with only enhance your wheel gap.

Yeah have sorted it out :D Just going to get money together again first.