Sign in to follow this  
j.ingledew

E39 Project Low n Slow

You may be dissapointed to find that they won't fit on the e39 hub (see above post) Style 32's were an option in 18" for e39 very rare tho, and staggered unlike the ones you describe. What car are they coming off?

They don't fit. Quite angry because when I bought them I was told specifically by the seller at the parts place that they will fit my car. They go on but as soon as you drive they are all over the place wobbling like crazy. I am taking them back and I am going to shout lots.

Is there a way to make these fit on my car. Can I make the bore bigger or change my hubs to E38s?

Bit of machine work on the wheels?

Yeah pretty much Lucan. I just spoke to Johno at Mag and Tyre Direct (you are a legend) and he put me on to Wheel Fix It who can machine the bore on a lathe. The only problem is that this will cost me $220 including pulling off the tyres and putting them back on and balancing them and such. If anyone can get a discount on machining them you are a champion.

Update have sorted it for $160 + gst now! I think. See how we go. Sorry Johno. Can anyone come over today and help me change my brakepads by the way?

Here is how the wheels look and I do really want to keep them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Oh Jake Yeah

DON'T drive any further with the wheels on the car. They will likely fall off. If you can get the wheels to us we will strip the tyres off for you no charge. That should make it cheaper to getthe centres machined for you as well.

DON'T drive any further with the wheels on the car. They will likely fall off. If you can get the wheels to us we will strip the tyres off for you no charge. That should make it cheaper to getthe centres machined for you as well.

I am not driving on them, I just put them like that to show what they look like. Thanks for the offer by the way but I am just going to get my money back on them.

They go on but as soon as you drive they are all over the place wobbling like crazy. Is there a way to make these fit on my car. Can I make the bore bigger or change my hubs to E38s?

I am not driving on them, I just put them like that to show what they look like. Thanks for the offer by the way but I am just going to get my money back on them.

ok, good, just in your previous post you stated that they were wobbling when you drove on them :)

Good luck in getting your Money back :)

Weaksauce...get them machined!

Can i ask why you are going that skinny on an e39?

ok, good, just in your previous post you stated that they were wobbling when you drove on them :)

Good luck in getting your Money back :)

I meant driving down the driveway to move it out of the way.

Can i ask why you are going that skinny on an e39?

Because I got them really really cheap.