Sign in to follow this  
j.ingledew

E39 Project Low n Slow

Hey everyone, this is my E39 that is going to slowly become something a bit different from most BMWs around in New Zealand.

I bought it as totally stock aside from some stupid crystal tail lights, (which are now on another members car and tinted red, maybe I should have kept them). So far I have replaced the tail lights with OEM ones which are getting a bit of uniqueness to them over the next couple of weeks, I have alarmed and immobilized the car and tinted it. As far as tints go, the back window is 35% on top of the factory smoked glass and the rest of the windows are 35%.

Pictures will be added as new updates happen.

Here is the car as it is now with the new tints and the new lights installed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Oh Jake Yeah

there's a badge on the back...

Hartge?

Hartge have always been renowned for their subtlety when tuning cars, this model has such subtle mods that you can’t even tell it’s a Hartge.

It was the Japanese style number plate holders and optional 15 wheels that were a giveaway for me, you will get the hang of how to identify such limited number special editions one day.

Welcome to "BS" (aptly abbreviated) Jake.

If your thinking low and slow, I don't think it will be very different to many E39's at all.

If your thinking low and slow, I don't think it will be very different to many E39's at all.

yours was super low haha

Needs M5 kit, front at least, I dislike stock bumpers on 5 series....

Hartge have always been renowned for their subtlety when tuning cars, this model has such subtle mods that you can’t even tell it’s a Hartge.

It was the Japanese style number plate holders and optional 15 wheels that were a giveaway for me, you will get the hang of how to identify such limited number special editions one day.

Welcome to "BS" (aptly abbreviated) Jake.

It must be the stealth model Hartge E39, only the rear badge gives it away

the return of the SLAB's :D

Edit: genuine Hartge below

post-5577-1300237538.jpg

Edited by e38king

Haha! Too true.

Welcome to Bimmersport, Sense the sarcasm and dish it out when you feel the need :D

Sadly im sure you are aware its not a Hartge. When are the wheels coming? You should talk to "Pierre" about lowering. He knows how to go low lol

Needs M5 kit, front at least, I dislike stock bumpers on 5 series, unless it's on a 540 touring, cause everyone knows they're the sh*t.

Fixed that for ya.

True

but do it any way. But on wide 18s

Welcome to Bimmersport, Sense the sarcasm and dish it out when you feel the need :D

Sadly im sure you are aware its not a Hartge. When are the wheels coming? You should talk to "Pierre" about lowering. He knows how to go low lol

Where is he these days.

He plays with boys.. I mean Mercedes I think

Yeah not Hartge, because negative on the body kit and such (motor has been changed though)

I know low n slow is done on e39s but what I want to do hasn't been so when it is all finished you can judge it.

I think that the M5 kit is a bit done and I am very against putting a body kit on a car it doesn't belong on like an m kit on a non m car or an evo body kit on a lancer, it is sacrilege. The body kit will be one I make myself. I am going to buy doner kit like this one and build off that with fiberglass and such

(motor has been changed though)

<_<

I have my doubts.

<_<

I have my doubts.

As do I. But, regardless, I don't care if it is Hartge or not, I didn't buy the car for that.

As do I. But, regardless, I don't care if it is Hartge or not, I didn't buy the car for that.

Good on ya mate, enjoy it for what it is. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters! (contrary to some people's belief)

^Agree

Good on ya mate, enjoy it for what it is. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters! (contrary to some people's belief)

Agreed there Ian.

I was looking at the car and considering wheels first or lowering then I thought maybe I could get a nice stance to the car if I lowered it on the 15"s for now with lower profile tyres and got some spacers just to pump them out a little bit, certed of course. Opinions?

I was looking at the car and considering wheels first or lowering then I thought maybe I could get a nice stance to the car if I lowered it on the 15"s for now with lower profile tyres and got some spacers just to pump them out a little bit, certed of course. Opinions?

I think that low pro's on the 15s will make them way to small for you wheel arches, lowering the effective offset with spacers would be a positive, but it'd be a waste of money certing something thats just temporary (thats what you meant, right?)

I recon save your money till you can get some wide 18s and lower it, then if it needs certing do it once your more or less happy with it.

My 2c

Total waste of time and money. You may as well just give me all your cash you have saved up :D

Lower profile 15" tyres will not only look silly but they will prob create havoc with your auto trans, ABS, speedo etc. Do it once and do it properly. Some nice wide 19" wheels and adjustables would look awesome :)

Edited by e38king