Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Anyone have an iPad?

When I listened to my classic before it got stolen, I could go to an artist, pick all albums, and then pick a particular song and it would play through the rest of the songs by said artist once the original song had finished (make sense?)

On my iPad though, if I pick the same artist, all of the songs are onscreen sorted by album. If I pick a song it only plays the songs in that album though, rather than all songs by that artist. (this make sense too??)

Anyone know how I can fix this? When I leave this thing on my passenger seat or work bench I don't want to keep having to pick songs and I like to start each artist with the song that is in my head. I never listen to albums, nor do I want to when you have one or two songs on each album copied so you can only listen to those few till you change again

Might have to take it to the mac shop if no one knows. It's an iPad 1 OS4.something

Cheers, andy

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Isnt there a setting for "all albums" where you can see all the songs and you can shuffle up the songs in there?

I don't have an Ipad but I have a 3GS on 4.1 and that has that feature :S

I have a Windows Phone because iTunes is horrible.

^^ Stop being a waste of space and posting illegitimate crap that there is no need for! Andy had a genuine question and we get your rubbish. This is about the 3,220th time you have done this. If you can do the math that means you've only had 4 worthwhile posts in your short time here! Think before you post rather than thinking about the size of your internet d*ck.

To Andy's question. This is how is works on my iPhone, which will no doubt be the same on your iPad.

1/ Choose the artist you want to hear. 2/ Click "All Songs" at the top left (above all the albums by that artist).

3/ Choose the song thats "in your head" 4/ Once that song finishes it should just carry on and play all songs by that artist. If you dont want to hear them in the order which is alphabetically then hit the shuffle symbol while the song is playing. This is on the right hand side where the timer bar is

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Brett

Edited by 3 SERIES

Agreed^

Do you really feel the need to post on EVERY thread thats opened, even if it has nothing what so ever to do with the subject?

^^ Stop being a waste of space and posting illegitimate crap that there is no need for! Andy had a genuine question and we get your rubbish. This is about the 3,220th time you have done this. If you can do the math that means you've only had 4 worthwhile posts in your short time here! Think before you post rather than thinking about the size of your internet d*ck.

What a grumpy guy :lol:

Or you could set up your itunes and idevices with a genius shuffle then click artist then genius it...only downside is you get remixes, sampled or remakes off your itunes.

To Andy's question. This is how is works on my iPhone, which will no doubt be the same on your iPad.

1/ Choose the artist you want to hear. 2/ Click "All Songs" at the top left (above all the albums by that artist).

3/ Choose the song thats "in your head" 4/ Once that song finishes it should just carry on and play all songs by that artist. If you dont want to hear them in the order which is alphabetically then hit the shuffle symbol while the song is playing. This is on the right hand side where the timer bar is

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Brett

That's like iPod touch too but iPad seems to be different. It's a different interface to iPhone/touch. It has that arrow that points left that says artist in it like on yours, and on the other side it says 'play all songs', but if I hit that it picks a random song to start off with. I'm going into welly this arvo so I'll see if the mac store can help me. Thanks all the same, ill post what they say