Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

If you have 5 seconds to spare...

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

"it didnt look genuine, it was nicely designed and colourful though"

Interesting comment here, anyone on here post this? Interested to ask a few more questions.

"car cleaning"

haha awesome... should have seen this one coming :lol:

Edited by crazyarab

Done... Looks like a dodgy pop-up you need our pc fixy software because your pc has 10 billion viruses thing...

No offense...

It is pretty and shiny if that helps soften the above comments...

"it didnt look genuine, it was nicely designed and colourful though"

Interesting comment here, anyone on here post this? Interested to ask a few more questions.

Hi :)

Its just like wat drtdvl (Heath) said, looks like a popup-fix-ur-pc thing, plus the CNN and other "as seen on.." logos didnt really add to it's legitimacy.

It is really well designed and attractive site though. I knew what the product is and what you are selling. It wasnt clustered and I knew you had other products also (is that correct?)

For the 5 secs i looked at it for, design was good but i felt that i've seen this before and it wasnt a special or one of a kind product.

Done... Looks like a dodgy pop-up you need our pc fixy software because your pc has 10 billion viruses thing...

No offense...

It is pretty and shiny if that helps soften the above comments...

None taken! This is the sort of honest feedback I'm looking for :)

Can I ask what elements of the website gave you this impression or is it really just the stigma that surrounds these kind of products. (this question goes for you too dubman)

Edited by crazyarab

Hi :)

Its just like wat drtdvl (Heath) said, looks like a popup-fix-ur-pc thing, plus the CNN and other "as seen on.." logos didnt really add to it's legitimacy.

It is really well designed and attractive site though. I knew what the product is and what you are selling. It wasnt clustered and I knew you had other products also (is that correct?)

For the 5 secs i looked at it for, design was good but i felt that i've seen this before and it wasnt a special or one of a kind product.

So "usability" is fine however it's a matter of conveying the legitimacy of the product somehow. I wonder what elements of the website made you feel this way about it being "dodgey", perhaps this is just the first thing that comes to mind when you think of anti-spam / anti-virus type software?

So "usability" is fine however it's a matter of conveying the legitimacy of the product somehow. I wonder what elements of the website made you feel this way about it being "dodgey", perhaps this is just the first thing that comes to mind when you think of anti-spam / anti-virus type software?

"stigma that surrounds these kind of products" and "the first thing that comes to mind when you think of anti-spam / anti-virus type software?" adds to my feelings.

As i said, CNN and other logos didnt really help, maybe add youtube link to show its not BS?

Maybe its just me, a person who uses the internet heaps for alot of different things, but i see heaps of ads and different sites offering different programs.

The site felt like the old ashampoo site, where everything is colourful, but lacks the professional and serious image the site gives now IMO.

Plus i didnt know the brand, product name was MailWash or something, but i couldnt see/remember which company made the product

Gotcha, awesome feedback man really appreciate it :)!

"Bullshit system tools that don't actually work."

"Bullshit, Yeah Right, Who's this thick?"

Very interested to hear from whoever posted this comment. That's 3 now holding similar impressions.

Edited by crazyarab

None taken! This is the sort of honest feedback I'm looking for :)

Can I ask what elements of the website gave you this impression or is it really just the stigma that surrounds these kind of products. (this question goes for you too dubman)

It's like it's trying to hard to be a legit site and a little like we found web 2.0! It distracts from what it should be selling, people associate clean and clinical with medical - people associate flashy showy with someone hiding something / snakeoil salesman... well i do anyways

Look at some of the sites like:

Mcafee, Symantec, Nod32 vs sites like System Mechanic, Avanquest, etc...

You can see how they look a little dodgy???

"stigma that surrounds these kind of products" and "the first thing that comes to mind when you think of anti-spam / anti-virus type software?" adds to my feelings.

As i said, CNN and other logos didnt really help, maybe add youtube link to show its not BS?

Maybe its just me, a person who uses the internet heaps for alot of different things, but i see heaps of ads and different sites offering different programs.

The site felt like the old ashampoo site, where everything is colourful, but lacks the professional and serious image the site gives now IMO.

Plus i didnt know the brand, product name was MailWash or something, but i couldnt see/remember which company made the product

^^ what he said

It's like it's trying to hard to be a legit site and a little like we found web 2.0! It distracts from what it should be selling, people associate clean and clinical with medical - people associate flashy showy with someone hiding something / snakeoil salesman... well i do anyways

Look at some of the sites like:

Mcafee, Symantec, Nod32 vs sites like System Mechanic, Avanquest, etc...

You can see how they look a little dodgy???

^^ what he said

Yep, I understand where you are coming from.

Would you agree though that a product which removes EMAIL spam does not have these negative connotations associated with it?

I'm just like you guys when it comes to registry cleaners, anti-virus and pc-utility tools as they almost always never work and as you say try and trick the user into thinking they need the services.

Having said that, anti-spam is the type of product that is blatantly obvious if it works or not... (we can't fool you into thinking that you have spam emails) and you will pretty quickly find out if the product works or not because it will either eliminate your spam or not.

I'm wondering if the lack of email/inbox imagery coupled with the "50% TuneUp Utilities" deal (from one of our affiliates) is contributing to fueling this negative impression. I can also understand why the use of superlatives and "CNN" style testimonials can come across as "trying too hard".

Basically what I'm trying to say is that our products have nothing to do with anti-virus, pc-utilities, registry cleaners etc... we specialize in email solutions and I would have thought that our product line wouldn't share the same negative associations.

Amazing feedback guys!

Edited by crazyarab

Unfortunately i think it all falls into the category for me - pc fixy stuff - be it spam, virus, phishing protection, reg clean, etc...

So many products out there that do this that are built into anti-virus software, is this software you/your company have created?

Bearing in mind this is all from a 5 second snip of the next web page i can't make any real judgment about the actual software. This probably isn't really aimed at someone like me, but someone rather like my mom or my sister who isn't so computer savvy - heck my mom signs up for everything under the sun, she use to get tons of spam before we got her to stop...

I don't know if it's the imagery or how the imagery is presented to the visitors to the site.

Note: I looked at the video on the current site, it would be good if you could integrate the software into the email program so you didn't have to open two programs to use the software.

What others have said.

What I think you need is a solid logo on white, not a colourful glamour. I know (and use) the product. It depends what your target market is, for mail washer I think its aimed at your IT sysadmin / archtect types. The colourful stuff / 'box art' looks more like its aimed at the home market.

I would look at people like VMware / Citrix / Cisco / Microsoft for marketing ideas. A friend of mine works for Tomizone and done alot of their marketing stuff. Take a look.

no offense to anyone .. just my 2c

What others have said.

What I think you need is a solid logo on white, not a colourful glamour. I know (and use) the product. It depends what your target market is, for mail washer I think its aimed at your IT sysadmin / archtect types. The colourful stuff / 'box art' looks more like its aimed at the home market.

I would look at people like VMware / Citrix / Cisco / Microsoft for marketing ideas. A friend of mine works for Tomizone and done alot of their marketing stuff. Take a look.

no offense to anyone .. just my 2c

Said it before and will say it again, this is the sort of feedback I'm looking for... if anything I'm happy to take this kind of criticism :)!

Josh, the product you boys are using is "MailWasherEnterprise Server" which as you said is aimed at the sys-admin types and has a completely different type of branding and image.

Hit it bang on the head with MailWasherPRO, this is our consumer based "home/single PC" solution which caters for the non-techie "mum n dad" types. Having said that, we are trying to broaden our target market so that it hopefully appeals to a wider range of people.

p.s. Here is the concept design in case you guys wanted a longer look at it.

post-1976-1300852079.jpg

I think the soap has to go.

Otherwise I like it.