Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Changing intake, what to get?

I've seen these intakes around that boast performance increases like 10-14lbs torque and 10+ horsepower etc.

Are these figures reliable and if I'm to get one what should I be buying?

nope...

unless you get a proper cold intake with isolation of the filter from the engine heat it wont do you any good only that of a slightly better engine noise and poorer output due to sucking up hot engine air.

nope...

unless you get a proper cold intake with isolation of the filter from the engine heat it wont do you any good only that of a slightly better engine noise and poorer output due to sucking up hot engine air.

Something like http://www.electrodyne.cc/search_engine_in..._52_39_102.html?

Stock air box with a clean filter is best unless you go with something that creates proper physical separation from the engine bay heat to the outside air. Pod mounted filters will give you more induction noise.

Ram air doesn't work on cars with MAF sensors

Any gains you make are made with cooling the intake air down. Get yourself a OBDII cable and software and read the intake temprature from stock then afterwards with your filter/box setup to measure real world differences. You can also read your MAF loading.

Ive been doing this myself when designing and sealing off my airbox system. One big mistake a lot of people make when doing a airbox is totally sealing it except the coldair inlet, this causes 'eddies' and pressure fluctactions. This is why alot of stock airboxs have a pressure eqaulising port to stop this.

haha it says "up to 15hp" lol what car did they install that thing on and gained 15hp!! LOL