Sign in to follow this  
Aubrey107

Newbie, looking for an E30!

Hi everyone!

I currently drive a 1995 Nissan Pulsar X1 1.5L and I'm looking at purchasing a BMW 318i a minimum of a 1985 model. Trying to stay under 1.8L, because i cant afford to pay gas!!!!(prices way tooo high)

I'm after advice on what to look for and what to avoid especially in terms of mechanics and what cost am i looking at for service etc.

I am currently looking at this bimmer..... Tell me if its any good????

This is a auto because i can only drive a auto, bt finkin bout a manuel convertion later on....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=363211675

Welcome! i wouldnt bother converting a auto 318i.. just get a manual to start with and learn! 318is are sexy, i would aim to find one of them.

Edited by NickE30

I looked at that too, only thing that put me off was the km's done.

But hey, mines done more!

Welcome! i wouldnt bother converting a auto 318i.. just get a manual to start with and learn! 318is are sexy, i would aim to find one of them.

yea, bt i can only drive auto, bt if i get this car, i will probz sell it a but a e30 318 manuel

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-361596526.htm

I'd get this and spend a few hundred on putting the interior back in/new seats.

Interior bits for E30's are cheap. *and apparently he has most of them*

i reallly wounldnt gt it cause, it looks lik it goin to break dwn soon, and its in sh*t cond

I really wouldn't get that because, it looks like it's going to break down soon, and its in sh*t condition.

You mean like, ever other E30 in the world of existence?

I would go check it out. Before judging anything. it's 20+ years old. I'd rather one that looks sh*t than one that's going to explode..

M10's in my gracious uninformed opinion would be easier because they don't have a Timing belt.

i can only drive a auto because its my restrictesd licence condition, i can only learn to drive a manuel wen i gt my full..... ^_^

You mean like, ever other E30 in the world of existence?

I would go check it out. Before judging anything. it's 20+ years old. I'd rather one that looks sh*t than one that's going to explode..

M10's in my gracious uninformed opinion would be easier because they don't have a Timing belt.

I mite check it out

You can drive a manual if you have a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat to "learn".

tbh, if you don't have long to wait before you get your full get the manual and just borrow an automatic to sit the test.

or if you have a while, keep what you have..save up and wait until you can get your full.. and buy a better E30.

Been and looked at that car when I was looking for an E30. It drives like a POS, loads of diff whine, never been serviced and the guy has no idea about cars. Hes had it for 15 years and hes never serviced it....

Enough said.

M10's will go forever :D

^+1 to this.

I would rather buy an E30 with high kms and its been well maintained than a Low km, badly maintained one.

Edited by AJ_D

You can drive a manual if you have a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat to "learn".

tbh, if you don't have long to wait before you get your full get the manual and just borrow an automatic to sit the test.

or if you have a while, keep what you have..save up and wait until you can get your full.. and buy a better E30.

I agree with all of this.

Especially the bit about saving a bit more and buying a better E30, when you buy cheap, you end up spending more to get the car into tip-top shape, when you could of just bought a nice 1 to start with.

Unless you're wanting a never ending project?

i mite jst save up my money for a beta e30, soo wen i get my full then i can drive a manuel

I might just save up my money and wait for a better e30, so that when I get my full licence I can get a manual.

Edited by Westy

Especially the bit about saving a bit more and buying a better E30, when you buy cheap, you end up spending more to get the car into tip-top shape, when you could of just bought a nice 1 to start with.

i probz jst goin to save up my money aye

I'm probably just going to save up my money.

Edited by Westy

I agree as well lol. I bought an e30 manual with some nice bits on it, but the body work alone ended up being the same price as the car. Money well spent on a lesson well learned.

I could sell my E30.... Its pretty much what your after and its in mint condition...

do you have a picture that i can see??