Sign in to follow this  
bravo

vtech tool box

The perfect toolbox for the perfect tool - v-tech yo!

Posted Image

If only we still had our old civic run-about, could get my 2yr old to do all the maintenance/mods...

V-tec isn't all bad. For what power they can put out for motor size, you have to admit it is impressive

Haha crack up Graham!

V-tec isn't all bad. For what power they can put out for motor size, you have to admit it is impressive

F1 cars used to put out 1000kw from a 1500cc engine!

In the end they decided they would rather a car that could go around corners...oh and rwd :P:lol:

Edited by cliffdunedin

It's just variable valve lift and duration timing you know right? It was revolutionary, umm, 18 years ago. But now it's pretty standard. Honda Type R engines do have very good horsepower per liter figures (like 100-120, the S2000 held some record with 123ish hp per liter)

But so does an M engine. Even Altezzas have a 200hp 2liter engine. ALTEZZA, the most boring car known to man.

In the end they decided they would rather a car that could go around corners...oh and rwd :P:lol:

Just a tad off topic, anyone know whats happening with F1 going to 1.6L 4cyl engines in 2013?

true or false?

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue. Sadly. Revving to only 13k.

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue. Sadly. Revving to only 13k.

Yep sad when that is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport!

Now back to topic, is it just me or does a big bore vtec sound like a sh!t load of bumble bees flew past your front gate? :lol:;)

I do think the trend is only Forced Induction for the future. Just as N/A engine technology has filtered down into road cars from the last 20 years of F1, we will see turbo technologies and developments on road cars that dwarf even current standards.

Haha crack up Graham!

When did we jump from cheap fun to some of the most expensive cars on earth? I save and go by a DC2 and you save and go buy an F1 car and then we will see who gets there first yeah?

So what if it just vvt, for bang for your buck a little d16b is a pretty solid choice if you are on like a 2k budget and don't want to run a turbo or pay massive insurance. They are good for a first car because they are cheap, cheap to run and maintain and are easy to tune up.

is it just me or does a big bore vtec sound like a sh!t load of bumble bees flew past your front gate? :lol:;)

more like a swarm of bees that went after your honey sandwich in your plastic lunchbox and then got the lid shut on them...

There it is, that's how Vtec got their bad rep, dumb shits who put big cannons on the back of a Vtec, agree, sounds awlful, then floor it through heavily populated areas, they need there licences revoked.

I'd happily own a DC5 type R or even a DC2. They sound f**ken good when tuned with a tasteful exhaust sytem.

I almost bought an EG9 Civic with a fully forged b20 bottom end with a b16a head before I bought the bmw.

I almost bought an EG9 Civic with a fully forged b20 bottom end with a b16a head before I bought the bmw.

Well, looks like you made the right choice :)

Well, looks like you made the right choice :)

I'm not so sure haha. Slightly regretting my decision.

When did we jump from cheap fun to some of the most expensive cars on earth? I save and go by a DC2 and you save and go buy an F1 car and then we will see who gets there first yeah?

So what if it just vvt, for bang for your buck a little d16b is a pretty solid choice if you are on like a 2k budget and don't want to run a turbo or pay massive insurance. They are good for a first car because they are cheap, cheap to run and maintain and are easy to tune up.

I think you will find buddy, that just about every piece of technology on any road going car were pretty much developments from F1...even Hondas, whos turbocharged F1 engines were some of the best in the biz and the Vtec was developed for F1 but was sh!thouse!

If you are a fan boy of hondas, you are a fan boy! Personally i'm a big Subaru guy and plenty of people dislike them!

IMO If we are talking ricers and bang for bucks, i would definitely sway more towards a Nissan RB or CA as opposed to any Vtec Honda!

IMO If we are talking ricers and bang for bucks, i would definitely sway more towards a Nissan RB or CA as opposed to any Vtec Honda!

I'd take an M10 E30 and paint it lime green with chromies on it if I wanted rice.

If we really have to go honda then we need to remember this:

Driving a fast Honda is like coming out of the closet;

You surprise everyone at first, but at the end of the day, you're still gay.

I think you will find buddy, that just about every piece of technology on any road going car were pretty much developments from F1...even Hondas, whos turbocharged F1 engines were some of the best in the biz and the Vtec was developed for F1 but was sh!thouse!

If you are a fan boy of hondas, you are a fan boy! Personally i'm a big Subaru guy and plenty of people dislike them!

I have had a few Subarus and would take another over a BMW.

I have had a few Subarus and would take another over a BMW.

:blink:

Gen 1 Rs or an E30. I know which I would have.

E30 M3.

Gen 1 Rs or an E30. I know which I would have.

Sold my BD5 RS cos i'd rather have an E30.