Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

Possible 318 > 320 stroke

Is it possible to stroke a 1.8 to 2.0? How much would it cost, etc? I wana get some methods of power increasing in mind. I'm not into turbos, superchargers, etc just not.

I like NA.

I have no idea what it would cost, but i do know that it will be alot. I also know that it's not worth it as its not going to be fast even if you did it. Buy an m3 if you want big power

I have no idea what it would cost, but i do know that it will be alot. I also know that it's not worth it as its not going to be fast even if you did it. Buy an m3 if you want big power

he didn't say he wants a fast car ... just some power increase was all .... why does so many people always likes to say get a M3 or something like that ....

Im just trying to save him $$$$.

By the time you do all the work, you may have the power of a 325i? if you are lucky.

By the time you do all the work, you would have spent almost enough to buy an m3.

An m3 goes like an m3.

It seems rather pointless spending thousands and thousands of dollars to make your car perform like one that costs the same???

Guest Andrew

There is a 2 ltr motor you could put in - but a waste of money.

I recoed a MG 1800cc motor years ago.

When I took the block into the reconditioners, I asked him what can I do to beef it up.

Long story short, he bored it out, and used cortina 2L pistons. They fitted right onto the existing rods.

Power differance was quite noticable. So - what I'm saying is chat to some engineers. They will know some nice mods im sure - without breaking the bank.

PS: and dont forget to share your findings :)

The best thing to do would be to pick up a M50B25 or M52B25/28, then you'll have a 323ti, 325ti or a 328ti.

Prolly cost as much to put a 2.0l crank into your engine, for hardly any increase in power.

your better of to slap a S14 head on it. but saying that it is pointless less as your not going to force feed it sum how.

i think it could be possible, with the M10 or M40 block but if you want a 2L 4cylinder motor in it you better off putting a SR20 under the hood. even thou its not a BMW engine, this way is more bang for your buck!!!

Edited by bumpstop325

I agree with some of the others

If you've bought a car that doesn't have the power you want, sell it and buy one that is closer to the top of the ladder, which in this case would be a 325i.

Otherwise you could spend alot of money on your car and still not have the power of something that in the end would've costed far less!!!

m50 convert.... do it do it!!!

a bit of decent power to match the handling.... :mosh:

anything you do is gonna cost a fair bit, doing major mods to the 1800 is going to cost probably as much as an m50 convert, with less power, and more potential reliability problems than a factory standard engine..