Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Jenny Craig

"Lite" batteries have to be the most cost effective saving after you have removed all the interior, Looking for a battery that is a compromise for mine, it has to last a week and not go flat every five minutes, a long rally has us sitting idle a lot before stages.

Say a 10kg loss?

http://www.odysseybattery.com/extremespecs.html

Fooo just looked at getting a carbon bonnet custom made with no under panelling, 3kg total weight. Circa 5k! Will look off the shelf but saving vs $$$ is negligible.

Same for me graham, it won't be seeing constant startups. I need a new battery anyway so definitely thought about getting a lightweight one. That first one looks too good to be true though, 1.5kg and on par with standard car batteries at 10 times the weight...??

Same for me graham, it won't be seeing constant startups. I need a new battery anyway so definitely thought about getting a lightweight one. That first one looks too good to be true though, 1.5kg and on par with standard car batteries at 10 times the weight...??

Yep almost to good to be true. Read the specs on it.

Seems to be great for race cars as it has heeaaps of cranking amps but the draw back is it has relativly little amp hours. So for a race car it would be ok provided you dont have to run extra lights heaters other electrical thingys like a night rally car. Essentially you will be running on your alternator which in most cases is acceptable. Also when not charging the battery ie engine off, it will go flat very quickly. Also there are a few cautionary limits when charging and discharging the battery

Still it would be great on the track

Edited by MLM

I would also suggest leaving your window motors in, windows and doors must operate for a WOF.

You could replace the glass with perspex but they would still have to open and close.

You could always convert to manual windows, would save a bit of weight but I wouldn't think it would be a whole lot.