Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed

It looks good!!

Content won't be as big as GT5, Polyphony spent 5 years getting reflections in the door knobs right :lol:

I've got it. Well my brother does.

Looks like a great game, I haven't played it that much, I know he has a Z4 with an S65B40 with a MASSIVE turbo on it as his drifting car. Very cool.

Will be trading GT5 on this.

The Last Shift was a great game, much more fun than GT5 with a real sense of actual speed and realism.

Did take much notice of this game until a mate sent me here

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_AU/media/vi...eanfss20411nzar

Anyone played it yet?

Sure the content isnt as massive as GT5, game play wise???

Honestly. GT5 can keep all its out dated content and 10,000 JDM sh*t boxes, keep your X-Box and get this, it will be better on PS3 but not that much better.

I feel so let down by GT5, it’s pathetic. Sad that I paid $1,200+ for my PS3 to get GT5 and then have to wait years and years for it to be no better than GT4.

Biggest down fall of Shift was including NFS in the title.

The last Shift was sh*t, hopefully this is an improvement.

Anyway, back to GTR Evolution I go

What was sh*t about the first Shift I am curious?

From a "real life" fast driver and racers point of view it is the most realistic sense of simulated driving I have experienced in a game. I'm thinking most people didn't switch it to pro and turn all driving aids off, it transformed the game.

Is GTR evolution a PC game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTR_Evolution

Keen to have a go at that!

GTR Evolution is good, especially with free add ons you get off websites. I remember many fustrated hours with it on a crappy steering wheel trying to master Monza

The only problem i have with NFS Shift is the gearing on a g25 steering wheel. Hopefully this will support the individual gears

I feel so let down by GT5, it’s pathetic. Sad that I paid $1,200+ for my PS3 to get GT5 and then have to wait years and years for it to be no better than GT4.

Haha ok.

Did you play gt4? It was a piece of crap.

Regardless of whether shift is a better game or not, GT5 is a HUGE step up on GT4. There is no comparison between the two games.

Might give Shift 2 a go. GT5 is a bit of a mixed bag. A lot of people are disappointed with the racing part of the game, including myself. However as a driving simulator it is great. As long as I have all my DTM cars that I can take around the 'ring I'm happy. When you get a perfect lap around the 'ring in DTM Alfa 155 you'll see what I mean :)

Do a perfect lap around the ring in NFS Shift in a Vet Z06 with no driving aids on and in PRO mode and you will know what I mean. I can drive the ring on GT5 with my eyes closed, on SHIFT you are on the edge of your seat!

Problems with GT5 and elements that make SHIFT far superior.

No sense of actual speed in GT5. In SHIFT your heart rate rises, you get hot and sweaty and are afraid to pause it because you know you can’t simply un-pause it and carry on, it’s so much faster than GT5, as you go faster vision blurs and when you clip something you feel it!

AI is pathetic in GT5, they don’t race you they have either a faster or slower car. Simple as that. When you win a race in SHIFT, you feel like you have raced for it, it’s very challenging and you will only win half the time as its actually challenging, go off the track or crash and its over.

Content sure GT5 has 10,000 cars but only 3 have interior detailing and advance dynamics.

Sound. The sound effects in SHIFT are far superior, im running 7.1 channels and its sounds great, in GT5 you can only hear the fake blow off and all cars sound the same.

Game structure. What is the actual goal of GT5? To see how many punishing hours you can play it with no real achievement?

You know GT5 was created by a car fan and not a racing driver, or even a good driver at that.

Im sorry GT5 is a beautiful game to look at but that’s about it. Im so disappointed and have had to eat my hat 10 times over as I was so sure GT5 would be the be all and end all.

Edited by Apex

Haha ok.

Did you play gt4? It was a piece of crap.

Regardless of whether shift is a better game or not, GT5 is a HUGE step up on GT4. There is no comparison between the two games.

You just called GT5 a piece of crap then as more than half the game is exactly the same as GT4, most of cars are the same as GT4, dynamically and physically.

I finished GT4 a couple of times, thought it was great.. in 2005.

GT5 is sh*t. Shift 1 was sh*t. Forza 3 was average. IMO.

Shift 2 however is not half bad. The physics will take a while to get use to but once you do you may like it. I do. The brakes are the most realistic brakes I have found in a game. The AI is just awesome! You can race alongside them and they will test you! They are not on some set lame ass line like the crappy GT5 AI. It actually feels like you are racing another human that actually cares about their car.

There is plenty of BMW's. Including an E30 M3. There is even a Merc 190E Evo 2 which is awesome. The way you mod your cars is a mix between NFS and Forza. Similar class ratings to Forza. The tracks are great and there is many versions of them. You are rewarded for mastering the track which on some of them is not easy. Especially once you get into the faster cars.

You can put the V10 into the E30 M3. :P

The race modes are quite good too. Time attacks etc. Also live rewards for beating your mates times.

Now the drifting. Why the f**k they do this I don't know. But there is a totally different physics engine for the drifting. And it is f**king crap. Instantly all your gear ratios are f**ked and the car will do nothing but skid. Even in a straight line. You can tell they have tried hard. But imo it sucks.

There is however quotes from people such as Mad Mike in the game. Haha.

"Wear a Flat Peak and talk like you are from compton and you will win"

Edited by driftit

NFS: Shift is not even slightly realistic, not even compared to other PC games (e.g. iRacing, rFactor, Live for Speed). The tracks don't feel right compared to iRacing either, but I put most of that down to the unrealistic handling and weird FOV in Shift. Still, it's fairly fun when you don't want to play a serious sim... enough so that I'm keen to give Shift 2 a shot.

Yea im not sure, I love the physics of SHIFT, it’s maybe not a case of realism more a sense of actual speed and excitement, it sure is challenging, so much more so than that of any other game I have played other than F1 games.

This is imposable on hard with AIDS off.

http://formula1-game.com/

Need to get some PC games I think, sounds like they are really realistic.. or just get to more trackdays and race events in a real car!

Currently playing F1 2010 on medium, cannot get passed Monza in career mode, I have litterally done the qualifying maybe 50 times and i cannot get to qualify higher than 20 (Goal is 15), managed a 1.24 (Pole is at 1.20 - record is 1.14!!). Is an epic game that F1.

Sorry but iRacing, rFactor, Live for Speed are all ancient crap now. The only realistic part of them was the physics engine. And that was only "realistic" compaired to any other games physics engine at that stage. Nothing else in the game gave you any sense of realism. There is no changing factors in those games. No bumps, no off line marbles no intelligent AI. The cars behave exactly the same way on every corner every time.

IMO playing shift 2 is closer to racing my series car than any of those "Sims".

Sorry but iRacing, rFactor, Live for Speed are all ancient crap now. The only realistic part of them was the physics engine. And that was only "realistic" compaired to any other games physics engine at that stage. Nothing else in the game gave you any sense of realism. There is no changing factors in those games. No bumps, no off line marbles no intelligent AI. The cars behave exactly the same way on every corner every time.

IMO playing shift 2 is closer to racing my series car than any of those "Sims".

rFactor and LFS are becoming dated. rFactor's very dependent on the car/track pack you've got installed (the base cars and tracks aren't very accurate, and a lot of the user generated stuff is rubbish) and setting up various plugins like RealFeel correctly.

iRacing sees major updates at least four times a year. Except for marbles, you're wrong about iRacing. The tracks have similar bumps to the real tracks, because the tracks are created by laser scanning at fairly high resolution. There's no AI, it's multiplayer only. There are plenty of changing factors, including tyre heat and wear, damage to the car's aero surfaces and suspension, weight distribution shifting as fuel is consumed, etc. If you try to drive each corner the same every time and you're driving at the limit, you will go off. It doesn't sound like you've played it much if at all.

F1 2010 feels like a video game after driving the Williams FW31 in iRacing.

What wheel and pedals are you using? That makes a huge difference.

Edited by kinetik

I lent GT5 to my brother inlaw for about 2 months, I got it back last night and didn't know what the f**k to do, it took me ages to sort a race, buy a car, mod it, only to find it didn't make much difference, I'm contemplating trading it on Shift 2 but I'm unsure whether I should stick to GT5 or not, give it another shot???

I dunno.

What was sh*t about the first Shift I am curious?

From a "real life" fast driver and racers point of view it is the most realistic sense of simulated driving I have experienced in a game. I'm thinking most people didn't switch it to pro and turn all driving aids off, it transformed the game.

Is GTR evolution a PC game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTR_Evolution

Keen to have a go at that!

I recommend you try GTR Evolution with the E30 M3 DTM car on the Nurburgring. Lots of fun.

Shift was ridiculous. I don't know of many other people trying to advocate its physics as being remotely realistic. All the motion blur helped to do was disorientate you. It also felt as if the car was rotating around a central axis, as opposed to the individual grip from the tyres. There were other things,

but this is all from memory about a year ago, as I haven't played it since. I took multiple stabs at it, hoping that I was wrong. Yes I disabled all aids.

A game with a nice physics model was Enthusia for the PS2.

bought shift 2 today very fun =D drifting is hard

Man I want this game with all the talking up of it.

No Time

No Money

May be a while off :(

Shift was challenging but beat it in the end, Shift two does look good but don't think i'll bother.

Believe it or not i'm still enjoying GT5. As said in one of their quotes, GT5 is not a game, it's a driving simulator, i believe this to be true, some may disagree but that's fine, opinions are just that.

You can put the V10 into the E30 M3. :P

Sold!!

Seriously though, that is what sold me on getting Forza, engine swaps and the large amount of customisation optoins. I can't wait for Forza 4, the Kinect funcionality should be interesting