Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Owned

Sorry to hear Gus... Hope all works out

I was looking forward to us lineing up at the drags :(

Cheers David.

That sucks arse gus, sorry to see your ride die like that.

Now would be the perfect time to upgrade to the e34 you've always wanted :ph34r:

hah e34? having already been through the complete new car buying process 5 months ago, next will either be another e30 or a bike

I knew you shouldn't get driving lessons from Tim. :lol:

the same thing happened to me bro, except i was stopped and i got sandwiched between to cars. front and rear damage. :thumbsdown:

got my ride looking sweet. then some women run up the back of me with her childern in the car. not cool. i got my car back after 2 months.

sad bro, i feel for ya!

Gus, I might know of a cheap 323 if you end up wanting to reshell. Same spec as my old henna red car before the engine swap, but auto.

well got a call from the assessor today, he liked my car which is good, didnt seem to keen to write it off. its going to be towed to precision auto werks in wairau tomorrow...they the best place i could think of. will do a quotation and hopefully be fixed...got a feeling it aint gonna be cheap. but its looking hopeful and will be keeping my fingers crossed. insurance will cover all (dont see why it wouldnt) only things i need to keep an eye on is my ellipsoids, and my strut brace.

Was it asian?!! f**king tosser mother f**king hoe! Save her addy show her how it feels!! :angry:

OOOOOOOoooooo i know how you feel!! :puke:

Hopefully if your with sate youl be fine and get sh*t loads outa it like me.

My fingers are crossed for you! :)

well got a call from the assessor today, he liked my car which is good, didnt seem to keen to write it off. its going to be towed to precision auto werks in wairau tomorrow...they the best place i could think of. will do a quotation and hopefully be fixed...got a feeling it aint gonna be cheap. but its looking hopeful and will be keeping my fingers crossed. insurance will cover all (dont see why it wouldnt) only things i need to keep an eye on is my ellipsoids, and my strut brace.

chur chur!!

yeah, gotta watch that everything that was done is done again...

did the yanks come to the party or is your insurer handling it?

haha the last one was...was gonna get a small dent fixed on monday....then this came along

was a chick my age......shelley what did you car cost to fix all up for the insurance company? its going through hertz insurance, and they seem to be being pretty good about it. my insurance is only 3rd party, as i have not yet magically become the better drive over night when im 25, and i have a penis. poor me.

My car is fully insured for $13500 and in the end it cost insurance $11000 to repair my car, and cost me $0. They were obvisly kicking themselves, the assessor didnt pick up on any engine, gearbox or drive shaft problems only panels and interior.

In the accident all engine and gear box mounts broke and bent the driveshaft and f**ked all my passenger side suspension, nobody knew this until i tryed to drive it home! I could pull the gearbox up and down with the gear lever BY ABOUT 50MM!!!!

In the end botany motor workx lyed to state and told them a few of my hoses burst by the fan cutting into them (which didnt happen) so i got new hoses all round too, lol :lol:

so take the woman for all shes worth!!! Itl make you feel better.

Sounds like your car better off then mine so you should be fine! :thumb:

post-2-1115715308.jpg

Edited by M325is

yours does look worse, mines just panel

was however making strange noises when towing...i know at least one engine mount f**ked....prob both and trans....will find it all out eventually....

*sniffs the air..hmm i smell tears...and ..eww net'sperts..musta been a car crash.

Oh badass..BIDNIS !!!

ha , if that cars written off i'll eat my sofa...but it is auckland so im not gonna shake on that..hehe

well with every expert on the forum giving their "expert opinion" i'll just

laugh and point at you

u know where i am gus if you need any real advise or help.

oh and ive got a E30 bonnet you can have if you need it (have as in cheap $$..nothings free my friend...drug habits cost money too).

post-2-1116241251.jpg

well still no word

if it is written off, ill prob be looking to get another e30...maybe a facelift, and make it up into an m325i (have all the bits but full kit). have a few ideas and stuff...any input appreciated. makes sense to buy a cheap e30 since i have all motorsport good bits instead of buying a motorsport, as they command a premium simply because they are a motorsport, not much different to a normal 325

really only want a black one, although a certain calyso red has just caught my eye

Dont even need an engine replacement ... this ones a genuine motorsport :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=27194756

nah take a second look at this one, looks pretty good condition, its a standard 325 with leather non recaros.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-27542669.htm

on second look ... shes a 4 door auto ... with mags that im not so fond of.

Edited by E30stz

slight problem with that one ... its owned by quite an old couple... they had it was either a 7995 ... 9750 or 11,500 (one of the three cant remember lol, with all these outrageous trademe prices im sure its one of those) buy now on it last time i looked. Ask what there buy now is and you'll change ur mind i bet.

Edited by E30stz

f**k, I didn't see this thread until now, gutted about that, all of us I'm sure. Twas the nicest car at the megameet, imo.

If it is a write off, maybe you could somehow swap the LSD for a single spinner behind their backs??? since thats what every E30 owner seems to desire haha

Edited by E30_318i

Oh badass..BIDNIS !!!

Not a bad plate idea - available too...

post-2-1116595026.jpg

Not a bad plate idea - available too...

already on his list...

he has a massive list for masty plates

Hey Gus, just for ur info i was snooping through the Otago Daily Times today when i was in Dunedin, and i found an advertisement which stated:

1989 BMW 325, Leather, Spoiler , Alloy wheels (which immediatly got my attention because of low k's leather and spolier coulda been M TECH and the dealer might have missed the MTECH kit)

So i went and had a look at that car dealers, and i had a bit of a chat with the guy, quite freindly bloke actually.

Anyway i got a few details outta it all.

1989 325i

95 000 km's

Japanese import in 1997,

Service history with Cooke Howlsion BMW (The local around here)

Head work, with full recipts

Black, as in either Diamant Schwarz or hardcore black

M TECH steering wheel

Black leather seats, but they had sheepskin covers on the front ones, but from what i can tell in the grooving in the covers, looks like sports seats)

And i'm such a dumbass... i forgot to have a look at the tranny... so i don't know what shift it has.

Anyway if you want to contact the guy:

Motor Inn Cars Ltd

384 Andersons Bay Rd South Dunedin Dunedin

0-3-455 5155

www.motorinncars.co.nz

A/Hrs - Alan

03 472 8911

Oh yeah, and when i was in Dunners, i saw our old E30 (random i know)

Edited by BMW POWER

Haha yeah course i know, dunno whether its fake or not. But i do know he doesnt want pre-fl but why not give it a try.

well car has finally been written off.......im getting 8k plus the car. kinda sucks, but not much i can do about it

will hopefully be flying down to wellie on saturday morning, and picking up that 4 door mtech 2, depending on whether the settlement comes through by the weekend

full steam ahead