Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Owned

just so it saves me having to tell people, on the way back from the BMWCC meeting last night, i was hit by young woman in a brand new ford mondeo going through a give way on the motorway on ramp. the right front quarter panel is farked, as well has bonnet, headlights, and prob a few other bits n bobs. depending on the valuation could well be written off. doing all that i can at the moment, which feels like painfull little! no one was hurt, and andy was in the car with me, prob going about 20k. also had a police comms guy in the car in front of them who saw the crash and helped out heaps.

so yeah....pretty pissed off.......especially since as i know that its not gonna end well being such an old car and high milage, even in mint condition. not cool

will try get pics later

Guest Andrew

If anyone knows the area - the welly st on ramp going north - chick ran straight through the give way.

Was pretty gutting picking europlate and grill off the road. Doesn't look great.

skooled.... gutted bro, that's really gay! but if they write it off, do all you can to buy it back for parts for the next one ^_^ every cloud has a silver lining, sounds like it should all go reasonably smoothly...

good luck :beer:

Guest Andrew

skooled.... gutted bro, that's really gay! but if they write it off, do all you can to buy it back for parts for the next one ^_^ every cloud has a silver lining, sounds like it should all go reasonably smoothly...

good luck :beer:

clouds don't always have silver lining when dumb americans are driving rental cars with no lisense that thier dad hired for them. Only hope is Hertz would be liable as they rented a car to someone with no lisense.

skooled.... gutted bro, that's really gay! but if they write it off, do all you can to buy it back for parts for the next one  ^_^  every cloud has a silver lining, sounds like it should all go reasonably smoothly...

good luck    :beer:

clouds don't always have silver lining when dumb americans are driving rental cars with no lisense that thier dad hired for them. Only hope is Hertz would be liable as they rented a car to someone with no lisense.
ooooohhhhh gutted..... yeah I'd imagine they would be.... hmm, gus' insurance co. should pay out tho anyway and sue them for teh cost?

Dam, foreshadowed....

Surely Hertz will have to front. That is a nightmare. No agreed value?

post-2-1115329049.jpg

Dear GOD ! :thumbsdown: :( :thumbsdown: :( :thumbsdown: :( I'm so sorry this really does suck. If the car does get written off this will be the end of one of the icons in bimmersport community.

My only request is that if it is written off to keep it and get whats good off it.

Oi! - vultures stay away! Let gus offer it up if it happens - bloody picking at the body before it's even cold - goddamn!

f**k

your car is cursed.

Sorry to hear Gus, pretty gutting!!

I have a pre-fl 320 should you need one real cheap to re-shell her!!

You can hear the licking of lips.

Chip, headers, oh and i almost forgot,,,,,, LSD anyone?

Whats that i hear?

Some kind of chant?

"Strip it down, strip it down"

Guest Andrew

I'm sorry about 10 seconds after the impact i had shotgunned most the good sh*t. Sorry guys.

haha, i can imagine.

eeeerrrrkkkrkrkrk *smash!* ....... "I'll take it all bro"

I'm sorry about 10 seconds after the impact i had shotgunned most the good sh*t. Sorry guys.

Andy is no.1 vulture

Gus, my condolences, that was a badass car in what looked to be mint condition. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help should you need it.

Let's not stereotype the Americans though, okay, they can't all be that bad

Guest Andrew

Let's not stereotype the Americans though, okay, they can't all be that bad

No they don't get our strange give way rules.

Sorry to hear Gus.. hope it all pans out

maybe get someone to value it high as a fast appreciating classic or something

cheers Matt

Sorry to hear Gus.. hope it all pans out

maybe get someone to value it high as a fast appreciating classic or something

cheers Matt

yeah holla that...... doesn't andy work on a used car lot now??

mates valuation B) wind up with an m3 haha

dude. gay.

ill have to comne check that out on sunday..

im rolling up on sunday so its drinks on for gus's ride

well got quite a few pics, but all ya really need is one.....

looking hopeful for insurance, need to just confirm sh*t. at the mo not much i can do. its pretty bad...front kit f**ked, bonnet, guard, headlights, chassis bent, radiator, mounts.

could easily be a write off, depending on the valuation......its pretty gutting considering all the time and money and effort gone into it, even only after 4months!

will see what happens, but i got a few ideas on the back burner.....so i wont be selling any cool bits sorry guys

post-2-1115342877.jpg

gutted.. but surely that'll buff right out.

Was that mark across the bonnet ?a bendmark or what, looks like its been given the hell keying.

Edited by E30stz

the front where paint is cracked? bent

the rest is just reflection because its so badassly shiny