Sign in to follow this  
NZ300E

Race series spec suspension

Is the race series spec suspension I.e. King springs and koni shocks a good option for the road...or does it feel like your riding on rocks? And...does it need to be LVV certed for the road?

Is the race series spec suspension I.e. King springs and koni shocks a good option for the road...or does it feel like your riding on rocks? And...does it need to be LVV certed for the road?

I drive my race car everyday and its fine. Just adjust the shocks to soft..

Have just put the koni adjustables with king spring rears and vogtland fronts in my car and they are amazing to say the least, i run them on full soft and its still hard enough for daily driving imo. Have run them on full hard and is bumpy as and very stiff, kinda like you are on rocks, but thats how its meant to be, very impressed!

No cert required.

Bring on track day in September!

Have just put the koni adjustables with king spring rears and vogtland fronts in my car and they are amazing to say the least, i run them on full soft and its still hard enough for daily driving imo. Have run them on full hard and is bumpy as and very stiff, kinda like you are on rocks, but thats how its meant to be, very impressed!

No cert required.

Bring on track day in September!

Cheers for that

I have just looked up the koni spec in the regs for the rears and the catalogue says they are for a Falcon....I know, just call me a noobie...but can someone confirm this is correct before I shed my readies for a set...the code is 8041-1067-sport

Cheers for that

I have just looked up the koni spec in the regs for the rears and the catalogue says they are for a Falcon....I know, just call me a noobie...but can someone confirm this is correct before I shed my readies for a set...the code is 8041-1067-sport

^^^^^ Yep unfortunately you are correct - Falcon is the version we use on the rears

Edited by hotwire

You will also need to change your front struts to 51mm out of a 325 from your current 45mm ones if you have a 320. Well i did anyway.

You will also need to change your front struts to 51mm out of a 325 from your current 45mm ones if you have a 320. Well i did anyway.

Is this a must do? Cause the racing authority quote a 45 mil koni...8641-1029-sport

Unsure, the race series guys would know, but thats just what i did as i was originally going to get bilstien sports.

Is this a must do? Cause the racing authority quote a 45 mil koni...8641-1029-sport

You can get Konis to fit either strut - some of the guys are racing with the smaller diameter.

I run koni yellows and a harder spring rate than the series cars softish on the road and it sweet .. infact Id say perfect.

I think the difference is, and im not a pro at all and expect to be corrected, but the series springs are non progressive and are always stiff... you can have a stiffer spring that is progressive macking it more compliant on the road.

I ran them in my M325i and they were great 90% of the time but very annoying on anything sharp and rough at low speeds. My man breasts were a jiggling.

I think the difference is, and im not a pro at all and expect to be corrected, but the series springs are non progressive and are always stiff... you can have a stiffer spring that is progressive macking it more compliant on the road.

I ran them in my M325i and they were great 90% of the time but very annoying on anything sharp and rough at low speeds. My man breasts were a jiggling.

Nope, the series springs are progressive. Thats the main selling point of them..

Quite easy to see with the fronts, the first few coils are tiny and get progressively thicker..