Sign in to follow this  
WANTED325iM

The search is over!

should put out arount 117kw at the wheels, maybe a little more, depending on how good the engine is (should be sweet)

its so random...ive had like 3 of these come up recently (not FS, but just hearing about them)

15k sounds bout right if its in mint condition

finding it interesting how the mtech 2's are commanding more than the mtech 1's....

would prob be a bit quicker than the early m3's at least

What Tha Fu*k is wrong with chromes??

ahhh i was gonna type something but why bother? Get chromes it will only make 'our' cars look better.

So how does this differ from an mtech2? 2.7, ALUMINIUM? Got all the other mtech bits?

So it this essentially an mtech2 with more?

Get chromes it will only make 'our' cars look better

Thats funny ^

Chromies are just gay! - are you blind?!?!?

Its a 1991.

Whoa O.K well if you think it's an EVO 2 then its 155kw then.

I found a South african website that said EVO1's were 147 and EVO2's were 155kw

I don't have any plans accept for bringing it back to original condition.

ie. fixing the parcel tray (some cock did a half assed job of putting speakers in.)

and getting a M badge for the front. (some tossa stole mine) Does anyone have one?

Not a motorsport? - its got all the m-tech stickers and badges and stuff.

Oh yeah, I was guna ask.

Are the gearboxes/diffs/engines very strong in these things?

I used to have a V8 VL commodore - I'm wondering if I can punish this thing like I did with that and not have anything break.

Guest Spargo

Its all strong, do you have the c/r box with the dogleg 1st?

Its not a Motorsport, as our M-tec II cars were known as Motorsports. In SA they were known as 325iS, in England, 325i Sport, in Iceland, 325i M-Paket.

Do you have the alu panels or the alpina engine goodies (head, extractors, cam, etc)

The Evo I's got the alu panels, and the Evo II got the normal panels, but the alpina engine goodies.

I don't know what you mean by dogleg. But it is a close ratio.

It must be a EVO 1 cus it has alluminium panels and no extractors.

Edited by WANTED325iM

dogleg is when first gear is out the left, and there is a straight line between 2nd and 3rd......or is it just like a normal gearbox?

is it 5 lug wheels or the normal 4?

sh*t dude you musta been looking for ages! at least 4 months! nice effort....where did you find the motorsport?

as for punishing, prob not as bulletproof as the commie, but im not exactly gentle on mine.......certain things to do go but most are easy to do, this site can be helpful with probs like gen e30 sh*t...most of us have had somthing or rather happen

heres a pic of another ive heard of

post-9-1115878502.jpg

Edited by Gus

Well, its got the normal gearbox layout.

And it's 5 stud with M3 brakes.

I got my beemer same place as you.

I had arranged to see the one you bought, when the guy rung me the day before

to tell me it had been sold, to you!

hah travis at silverfield? haha who owned it down there? i never saw that car

yeah...jerry clayton silverfield...but not the actual dealer, just a friend of a friend who works there

I rang them up around the time I went to look at your 325i sedan. The guy (pommie guy- paul i think) told me about your one, then rang me to say it had sold. I was almost gunna give up and get a e36 328i when he rung me about my one. I don't know where he found it though.

Do you know where i can get an M-badge for the front?

BMW want $100 - f**k that.

Tell you what man,

This car kicks arse on the open road, any road for that matter.

I drove it down to dunedin in march, heaps of fun.

One thing that I have found strange with this car is that it has HEAPS of grip in the dry but driving it hard in the wet is VERY entertaining. It does get annoying though, when I want to drive fast to get somewhere I end up going sideways everywhere.

I'm comparing it to a V8 commodore though, which was easy as to drive it fast sideways.

You should drive down to Dunedin again so i could get a good look at your car .. haha ..

It does get annoying though, when I want to drive fast to get somewhere I end up going sideways everywhere.

Somepeople enjoy the E30's oversteer, I had this problem too, what rubber you got on because my slideways probs were cheap barums

So are you currently in Dunedin?? Your location say Auckland tho ... If you are in dunedin should meet up so you can take me for a spin in your beast .....

I've never actually been in an E30 .. you know there is another similar one to your car in dunedin and an asian guy owns it, i know who he is, should check out if it's a true M325i .. Looks just like that anyway ..

Somepeople enjoy the E30's oversteer, I had this problem too...

I don't think you can call it a "problem" in a 320, more a freak of nature!!

And only around right handers wasn't it Carl??

I don't think you can call it a "problem" in a 320, more a freak of nature!!

And only around right handers wasn't it Carl??

Yip, right hand hairpins in the wet and the back would start doing the cha cha

Kind of miss the old rubber for those occasions now

One thing that I have found strange with this car is that it has HEAPS of grip in the dry but driving it hard in the wet is VERY entertaining. It does get annoying though, when I want to drive fast to get somewhere I end up going sideways everywhere.

This is the entire reason i looked for 4 months to find my car. This is reason i still like it. This is why i like e30s, (325i and up with LSD) raw and hardcore.

Get used to it, go to a carpark and test out the limits.

:wub::wub: Opposite lock :wub::wub:

This is why i like e30s, (325i and up with LSD) raw and hardcore.

*chokes on some cocopops, even though I'm not eating any*

:lol:

:jap:

So are you currently in Dunedin?? Your location say Auckland tho ... If you are in dunedin should meet up so you can take me for a spin in your beast .....

I've never actually been in an E30 .. you know there is another similar one to your car in dunedin and an asian guy owns it, i know who he is, should check out if it's a true M325i .. Looks just like that anyway ..

I'm from auckland but i'm studying down here........

Are you talking about the dark blue e30 seden with the m-tech kit?

if so its just got the kit. Its not a M325i.

I had a good look at it when it was parked up outside the uni.

I was going to say that looks like a mates old flat on castle street just by the kodak? am I right? looked at your location and went waaaa? but then read the rest of the thread. Are my eyes right, or is it just because it looks like every other student flat?