Sign in to follow this  
bravo

1990 Supercharged e30 325i

You all know this car.

I haven't had it regularly out of the garage for 18 months. I gave it a birthday about 2 months ago and gave it a few good shake-down runs to make sure there were no issues. Apart from a flat battery and new rear brake pads (plus a full fluid change) there were none.

Brand new WOF, and reg is on hold until it sells. Will come with 6 months rego for the new owner.

Not on trademe yet as I want to sell my MR2 first if possible, but if a BS member wants the e30, then I'd let it go first.

It could do with two small areas of paint damage repaired to bring it up to mint (and I mean mint) condition. I was going to have these done and put it on the market at $8-9k.

Once the mr2 sells this is still the plan.

But if you want to save yourself some dosh and arrange the touch-ups yourself (or drive as-is), then it's out the door at $7,500 firm. The paint work is a few hundred bucks, so you're well in front.

ECU/tune done by Gavin at Hi Velocity. We all know what he can do, and he's done a great safe tune on this.

Runs a SC14 supercharger installed to look as factory as possible. Everything has been done to a high standard. There is a build thread here.

Leather interior in good condition. All the SA extras like long-range fuel tank, sump guard, oil cooler, and cruise control. Everything works 100%. No rattles squeaks, etc.

Rims are BBS RB reps. Suspension is a custom H&R/Bilstein setup with custom valving and return plus shortened bumpstops on the billies. Bushes have all been replaced with Powerflex bushes except rear subframe. Front strut brace installed as well. Front tophat bearings and bushes replaced with OEM.

High-end Alpine cd head unit with amped Pioneer sub in custom vented box in the boot and amped Infinity Audio 6.5 components in the front and JVC 6.5 2-way rear fill off the head unit. Amp is rebranded Caliber CA75+ - audiophiles will know about this amp. Probably around $2k install when new.

This car has been fully maintained since I bought it 5 years ago. It's been my long-term project, and had alot spent on it. I'm not trying to recover my costs - it would simply be impossible to try.

I'm ready for my next project and have 4 cars which is too many considering I really only use one of them. I have a parts car the same colour which the new buyer could have for free if they want otherwise I'll be selling/giving it to the likes of Ray.

Featured in the Bimmersport Calendar 2010 "Miss" June.

Posted Image

Many members have seen, heard, and ridden in this car and will atest to badass looks, sound, and better than half-decent performance.

Couple of pics below, but you've all seen it before. Sorry about the dirty bum...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know those photos!

Good luck with the sale man... this thing sounds EPIC

Damn me and my impulse buying.

Minter, GLWS.

Edited by Pjay

hahahah Peter.

So nais Bravo

Guest Simon*

Sad to see you parting with it but I completely understand. Such a well put together car.

Good luck with the sale mate

should sell quick at that price man! such a sweet looking and sounding car

I want this car! How much power is it making?

+1 200 rwhp?

190-something, so yes close enough to 200rwhp.

Basically e30 m3 power, but comes on in a totally different way being from a straight six with forced induction rather than a n/a four.

I think if I had my way I'd prefer the m3, but then again, I couldn't get one for $7k either. And this definitely sounds way cooler.

Good luck with the sale Graham, have always admired this car and all the hard work gone into it. Would look great next to my white 4door in the garage... Dreams are free tho!

Would look bloody good next to the schnitzer too ...Anyone wanna buy a 2.8 tech2 so I can fit it in

Mileage on engine?

145,000kms on motor.

227,000kms on odometer. Still have the original engine - no faults, but since I had the lower mileage engine it was the choice for the supercharged setup.

I've had the car since 193,000kms So it's only done 34,000kms in the last 5 years. And only 5,000 since supercharged. As you can see - its not been a high-mileage car in my ownership. Serviced every 6 months or 5,000kms while I've had it.

I have full service history both in receipts but also documented in a spreadsheet. Available to view once an offer is on the table. I don't need every Tom d*ck and Harry knowing how much I've poured into this car.

I don't need every Tom d*ck and Harry knowing how much I've poured into this car.

Every E30 owner feels the same way I think? :lollies:

...I don't think I could jusitfy having 2 similar cars at this point :P

GLWS Graham!

Ok thanks and what's the average l/100km around town?

I'd imagine it'd be better than your 530i Tristan.

GLWS Graham, Wish I had the cash

Edited by AJ_D

Ok thanks and what's the average l/100km around town?

Sorry mate, I have no idea. Thirstier than the original motor, but I really don't pay any attention to gas mileage. This car is my toy, not my daily. I don't do a lot of kms in it. I couldn't care less how much the fuel cost to run it, but it seems fairly acceptable to me.

My main reason for changing cars would be gas mileage.. But this is veerryy tempting.

Some of you have asked for more pics. I haven't been able to go and take some since putting her up for sale. Understand that the car is in storage. ie. Battery disconnected, car cover, in a locked shed and not at my house. To go and get the car out and take photos and put it back is an hour or two's work including travel. I'd happily do it for a test drive, but seeing as the weather is sh*t, etc, I'm not all that keen to do it to take photos that look exactly like the ones posted.

Here are some other pics I've taken fairly recently before storing the car.

Once the MR2 sells, or if someone comes for a test drive, I'll take more pics then as I'll bring it out of storage and park it at home.

Pics (plate is now black NZ euro style rather than blue german):

post-339-1307842692.jpg

post-339-1307842718.jpg

post-339-1307842746.jpg

Rear interior:

post-339-1307843254.jpg

Hey bro, would have liked to have gone for a ride in this before you sold! Looks mint. Glws.

Cheers Rio. Don't suppose you'll be up this way any time soon?

good luck graham, very fun power delivery with the sc14 i kinda miss it